The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Historical posts

+6
Neutralee
lostinwales
Geordie
asoreleftshoulder
kiakahaaotearoa
emack2
10 posters

Go down

My Historical posts Empty My Historical posts

Post by emack2 Wed 03 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm

Sometime ago was approached to do some historical posts any one still interested?

emack2

Back to top Go down

My Historical posts Empty Re: My Historical posts

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 03 Sep 2014, 12:50 pm

Alan, the question should be are you interested. To post on this forum doesn't require approval from the rest.

If it interests you, which I suspect it does, then post. If you don't want to post on it or feel that it won't be received then don't. But these types of threads won't give you any idea on interest in future posts. The only way to gauge interest is by posting the actual thread.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed 03 Sep 2014, 1:20 pm

Yeah Kia is right,I'd say some of these posts will interest me while others won't but that shouldn't really make any difference to you.Just go for it if you feel like doing it and after you've done a few see if you feels it's worth continuing.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 03 Sep 2014, 1:35 pm

What do you mean "historical Posts"?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 03 Sep 2014, 1:48 pm

Legendary posts like AWOP's first posts...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 03 Sep 2014, 1:53 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Legendary posts like AWOP's first posts...

Were those the 'Argentinian' ones?

Talking of which that guy Neutralee seems to have disappeared after being very active for a few weeks.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 03 Sep 2014, 1:56 pm

No, AWOP was Borat. Argie Fan's English was exemplary. It was his Spanish that was lacking.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Wed 03 Sep 2014, 6:39 pm

Sadly work life has taken back over, I was for a few weeks extremely free shall we say lol.

I can still check in for a few minutes here and there though

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 03 Sep 2014, 8:07 pm

AWOP started out as Japanese. He was replaced by Glorious Empire. Not sure if you've seen his stuff Neutralee. He got banned just before you joined. You would have liked him. He made a big deal about being a neutral Japanese poster, but it turned out he was a kiwi.

Edit: on topic. Do your articles because you want to. Don't expect comments or replies. If you're doing it for that, don't bother. But I've read them and enjoyed them, but have nothing to say on them.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Thu 04 Sep 2014, 4:55 am

I'll repost my answer to a similar question:

Rugby Fan wrote:
emack2 wrote:.By the way are you still interested in me doing historical posts or not.?
I think that's the wrong question to ask. I can see why you wouldn't want to spend time working on posts only to be greeted by a wall of silence. However, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on the forum who would say they aren't interested in the history of the game so it might not give you the answer you want.

It all depends how you present the history. If you feel there is something forum members should know, then tell us about it, and also tell us why you think we should know it. That way, you create a context for discussion.

If I hear, say, that Reginald Mullet won 12 caps for England and 4 for the Lions, then that plain statistic leaves me cold. If I'm told he won his England caps at prop and his Lions caps at scrum half, then I become more intrigued. If I also hear he became so enraged at decisions against his side during a South African tour, he decided to cuckold the referees when he met their wives later, then I feel I have a picture of the man. Tell me, as a coup de grace, that three children he fathered from these illicit unions went on to form a feared back row trio in Transvaal, then I have story I want to share with others.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 04 Sep 2014, 10:02 am

Got anything on the S.American Jaguars tour of 1982? Probably one of the greatest achievements of all time in rugby.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:45 am

I know that approval isn`t required to post here,about 9 months ago I was approached to
do a series of posts on the past mainly amateur days of tours.
I am cursed with old age and a photographic memory without a pc for some 18 ,or so months
and bedridden for much of it spent months researching the project literally.
When I returned sensed a change in the atmosphere of the board especially to me being
seen as a social pariah because spoke my mind.
I don`t need to do this.it isn`t an ego trip for me but in answer to requests
as I know my strengths and limitations.
It took all last evening to write the piece ,straight of the top of my head it could have
been more comprehensive using my notes.
It will be the last one sorry to have bothered you all.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:48 am

dude I would seriously be interesting in learning about the Hogo Porta years and the 82 Jaguars. That bok side was magnificient yet somehow the Jaguars put them to the sword in bloemfontein. More remarkable than the 74 lions tour for me.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Fri 05 Sep 2014, 4:41 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:AWOP started out as Japanese. He was replaced by Glorious Empire. Not sure if you've seen his stuff Neutralee. He got banned just before you joined. You would have liked him. He made a big deal about being a neutral Japanese poster, but it turned out he was a kiwi.

Edit: on topic. Do your articles because you want to. Don't expect comments or replies. If you're doing it for that, don't bother. But I've read them and enjoyed them, but have nothing to say on them.

I honestly had not read a word by the guy AWOP, but had read bits by Glorious after joining, antagonising little lad with an inferiority complex and a hatred of all things English, I literally read some of the stuff after being called him for so long.

I can assure you I am not him, have no hatred for any nation, but a love for the game, a penchant for supporting the underdog, and a real passion for the tachnical and tactical elements of play. I have criticised England because they have been the lively threads, I have also criticised NZ, Wales, IReland, Scotland, and just about all of the Aus players on an individual basis. I was pretty set that SA were building nicely, and looking good until recently, so expect criticism of them soon.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 05 Sep 2014, 8:22 pm

fa0019 wrote:dude I would seriously be interesting in learning about the Hogo Porta years and the 82 Jaguars. That bok side was magnificient yet somehow the Jaguars put them to the sword in bloemfontein. More remarkable than the 74 lions tour for me.

I remember that series, SA won the first test 50-18 and were probably a little overconfident going into the second. Porta scored all 21 points in a 21-12 victory.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 05 Sep 2014, 8:53 pm

Galted wrote:
fa0019 wrote:dude I would seriously be interesting in learning about the Hogo Porta years and the 82 Jaguars. That bok side was magnificient yet somehow the Jaguars put them to the sword in bloemfontein. More remarkable than the 74 lions tour for me.

I remember that series, SA won the first test 50-18 and were probably a little overconfident going into the second.  Porta scored all 21 points in a 21-12 victory.

People forget how good that bok side was. They beat the lions in 1980 and were inches away from a series win away to NZ the following year.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down