The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Booth... I wonder who he aimed this hand gesture at?

+7
Steffan
Mind the windows Tino.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Valero's Conscience
fearlessBamber
Fists of Fury
adamk
11 posters

Go down

Adam Booth... I wonder who he aimed this hand gesture at? Empty Adam Booth... I wonder who he aimed this hand gesture at?

Post by adamk Wed 25 May 2011, 9:39 am

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2011/saint-george-and-chunky-%E2%80%93-who-next

Not exactly humble in victory.

adamk

Back to top Go down

Adam Booth... I wonder who he aimed this hand gesture at? Empty Re: Adam Booth... I wonder who he aimed this hand gesture at?

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 25 May 2011, 9:44 am

Did you expect him to be, after that mouthy little chihuahua McDonnell was giving it the big one in the press conferences? Booth was well within his rights to punch the annoying tool, let alone gesture toward him!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Adam Booth... I wonder who he aimed this hand gesture at? Empty Re: Adam Booth... I wonder who he aimed this hand gesture at?

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 25 May 2011, 9:59 am

adamk wrote:http://news.boxrec.com/news/2011/saint-george-and-chunky-%E2%80%93-who-next

Not exactly humble in victory.

Not humble, but fair comment.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 25 May 2011, 10:05 am

Booth was well in his rights IMO to do that, he's gone up in my view LMFAO!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 25 May 2011, 10:12 am

It was aimed at Jim McDonnell and good on Booth I say. McDonnell was carrying on like a petulant teenage cheerleader at the press conference, giving it the Charlie Big Bananas. Didn't he try to bet Booth 20 grand that groves would lose? What a mug that bloke is. Nevermind calling him a w***er, I'd have been delighted to see Booth stick one on the gobby little scrote.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 May 2011, 10:28 am

Did anyone notice McDonnell walking around the ring after the decision was announced literally following Degale wherever he went. It was like he was on a leash, made me giggle like a girl.

Although saying that, if Booth did land one on him, I would still fancy Jim to take him out!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 May 2011, 10:50 am

Fair do that picture made me laugh. McDonnell acted like a prize idiot leading up to this fight. He has clearly been hanging around DeGale too long. I wonder if they have both managed to clear the egg of their faces. Muppets

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 11:27 am

Degale lost a contentious decision... split 50/50 in your media...Hardly the stuff that puts egg on your face..

As for Mcdonnell sure he bigged his own charge up which you exopect him to do but he also expressed concern for Groves before the fight ruining his career.....

As the guy beat Mcguigan and very nearly dethroned Azumah Nelson and is a British boxing hero..Thought you might be a little bit more generous towards him!!

Alas not.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 May 2011, 11:32 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Degale lost a contentious decision... split 50/50 in your media...Hardly the stuff that puts egg on your face..

As for Mcdonnell sure he bigged his own charge up which you exopect him to do but he also expressed concern for Groves before the fight ruining his career.....

As the guy beat Mcguigan and very nearly dethroned Azumah Nelson and is a British boxing hero..Thought you might be a little bit more generous towards him!!

Alas not.

In regards to the split 50/50, normally not. But the way Mcdonnell acted before the fight and during press conferences etc, he really has gotta eat humble pie. DeGale will not be the same fighter after this. He had the Naz "Im cocky and I can be because im undefeated". That has now gone. He has been shown as a domestic fighter level. DeGales got talent but a potential world champion he aint

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 11:34 am

He genuinely thought he won the fight so why won't he be the same..Naz got slapped..

Big difference.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 25 May 2011, 11:36 am

You don't have to respect all your countrymen? I'm sure you can't be full of respect for all those mugs who squandered their life savings in time for the rapture? Plonkers.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 11:38 am

Of course not....but we tend to revere our heroes more across the pond...

As you haven't many over here..I thought you'd be the same Very Happy

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 25 May 2011, 11:40 am

Steffan wrote:In regards to the split 50/50, normally not. But the way Mcdonnell acted before the fight and during press conferences etc, he really has gotta eat humble pie. DeGale will not be the same fighter after this. He had the Naz "Im cocky and I can be because im undefeated". That has now gone. He has been shown as a domestic fighter level. DeGales got talent but a potential world champion he aint

Nonsense - getting out-marshalled, in his 11th fight by a fellow prospect is the best thing that could have happened to DeGale. He didn't get beat up or knocked down and could have won the fight with a bit more application early on. This fight has given him direction for his training and he will be a better fighter for it.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 25 May 2011, 12:01 pm

McDonnell may have been a decent fighter but he's hardly a hero. He acted like a total tool before the fight and deserves a bit of stick from booth in defeat.

Degale is better than domestic level steffan, it was a close fight that I had him winning. He needs to hone a few areas of his game but he has world level ability in my book. Just hope he's learned a bit of humility from all this.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 12:03 pm

How many fighters are humble???

Give it a rest..you don't like him..

we understand....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 25 May 2011, 12:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How many fighters are humble???

Give it a rest..you don't like him..

we understand....

I don't see what the big deal is. Degale lost a close decision, but it was no robbery and the BBBofC made the correct call regarding that.

In my opinion Booth had plenty reason to flash the winker sign, given the way Degale and his trainer had been mouthing off in the build-up.

The fact that Degale seems to be in denial about the decision doesn't bode well for him if he's going to move on.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 12:13 pm

He can't be in denial if alot of people thought he won can he????

Come on...It wouldn't have been a robbery if Degale had won would it???

Had Groves winning by two myself but know plenty who didn't.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 25 May 2011, 12:15 pm

Truss, you only have to read what he's said since to see he's very reluctant to admit he lost a fair decision. That's denial.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 12:18 pm

He doesn't think it was fair....Many people had him winning..

How is it denial..he thinks he won and people agree..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 May 2011, 12:21 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He doesn't think it was fair....Many people had him winning..

Judges decision is final though. Maybe a rematch would settle it. Question is do the English public want a rematch or do they want Groves to go on a fight different/better opposition?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 25 May 2011, 12:22 pm

I really think too much is being made of DeGale needing to "accept defeat". He will have learnt lessons from that fight irrespective of his opinion on the verdict.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 25 May 2011, 12:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He doesn't think it was fair....Many people had him winning..

A lot of people, including the three at ringside, DON'T think he won though. Until he accepts that he lost he's unlikely to acknowledge the things he needs to improve. Just because people agree with someone, doesn't mean that person isn't in denial.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 12:25 pm

You don't like Degale do you steffan.....

"better opposition" ......He drew on one card and sneaked it on the other two..did Groves..

Hardly a justifiable decision to look for better opposition..

Just yet anyway.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 May 2011, 12:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You don't like Degale do you steffan.....

"better opposition" ......He drew on one card and sneaked it on the other two..did Groves..

Hardly a justifiable decision to look for better opposition..

Just yet anyway.

Ok Truss to avoid any "unnecessary putdowns" of Degale I will rephase

Do you think they should have a rematch? Personally I think yes a rematch would be ok and im sure the English public would be in favour of it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 12:30 pm

No...because they shouldn't waste time having wars at domestic level.....they should be focusing now at attaining world status..

rematch can come later.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 May 2011, 12:34 pm

Think i'm with Truss on this one whilst the fight was close enough and intriguing to justify a rematch one has to question the logic of two talented guys getting hung up at domestic level. If Degale wins the second which is more than possible a third becomes an absolute necessity. This could keep two guys capable of more hanging round domestically for the next 12 months.

If both keep winning a second will happen but potentially with more on the line and more money in the pot. Everyone comes out winning

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 May 2011, 12:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No...because they shouldn't waste time having wars at domestic level.....they should be focusing now at attaining world status..

rematch can come later.

OK not bad answer. Thing is though there is plenty of w£nga is in a rematch so I think both will go for it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 12:44 pm

More dough later on.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 25 May 2011, 12:48 pm

Agree with Truss. Makes more sense to go their separate ways and hope they're both successful and meet again later with more moolah on the line.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 25 May 2011, 12:56 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Agree with Truss. Makes more sense to go their separate ways and hope they're both successful and meet again later with more moolah on the line.

Exactly - more rhino / spondulicks / dosh / folding greens.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 25 May 2011, 1:05 pm

fearlessBamber wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Agree with Truss. Makes more sense to go their separate ways and hope they're both successful and meet again later with more moolah on the line.

More bunse you say?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 May 2011, 1:06 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
fearlessBamber wrote:

More bunse you say?

No you say...more Steve Bunce

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down