The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+30
Mad for Chelsea
lorus59
westisbest
I'm never wrong
skiddy
GunsGerms
Adam D
Be_the_ball
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
Plunky
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
MustPuttBetter
BlueCoverman
SmithersJones
Shotrock
gw
gaelgowfer
golfermartin
Davie
kwinigolfer
barragan
Sand
Diggers
pedro
incontinentia
beninho
navyblueshorts
McLaren
JAS
34 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 02 Sep 2014, 6:30 am

First topic message reminder :

McLaren wrote:Right now I would rather we still had Wellbeck and little pea and that Falcao had never arrived.  Not too impressed by the signing of Di Maria either.

"We"?? I'm surprised you associate yourself to an organisation that has squandered over £135 this summer, whilst there are homeless people on the streets and starving children in the world!! They could have spent £135m on those things and left the squad alone, finishing top half would still be ok wouldn't it? Especially if so many peoples lives were improved by redirecting transfer monies to charity.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Be_the_ball Mon 10 Nov 2014, 10:16 pm

Chris Hughton did a great job with Newcastle and was, I think unfairly dismissed for Pardew. He also was short changed by Norwich. I think he's a really good manager, do I think his treatment was down to racism? I don't think so, its just the crazy way football management has gone. LVG could be gone by May, Rogers who nearly won the league last year his job is being questioned now. Its nuts.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 10 Nov 2014, 10:27 pm

thumbsup
Good call on Hughton, forgot about him. Not really sure why he doesn't get hired again - perhaps doesn't want to take a step down after being in the big time.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Mon 10 Nov 2014, 10:55 pm

Hey Kwini, I hope alls well in Vermont! With the merry-go-round nature of management in the EPL & Championship I'd say its only a matter of time before he pops up again, hopefully with a half decent chairman, if there is such a thing. He is good tho & can certainly do a job for someone.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 11 Nov 2014, 12:48 pm

Vanessa Mae banned from competitive skiing. Laugh Laugh Laugh

The ironic word being "competitive". Should never have been in the Olympics.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 11 Nov 2014, 1:01 pm

Tragic, where's my violin...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 11 Nov 2014, 1:05 pm

incontinentia wrote:Tragic, where's my violin...

Laugh Excellent Inco, excellent.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 11 Nov 2014, 1:08 pm

incontinentia wrote:Tragic, where's my violin...
laughing clap
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 11 Nov 2014, 1:35 pm

I bet she is better than you super.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 11 Nov 2014, 1:45 pm

McLaren wrote:I bet she is better than you super.
I'm not a skier Mac, but she was atrociously bad. Completely hopeless.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 11 Nov 2014, 2:08 pm

Serves her right for fiddling her way into the winter olympics.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 11 Nov 2014, 2:35 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Serves her right for fiddling her way into the winter olympics.
Very Happy
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 11 Nov 2014, 2:41 pm

Super

You have claimed to be a skier on here many times.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 11 Nov 2014, 2:44 pm

I'm a snowboarder Mac. Have been for 20+ years.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:35 pm

Not done either, but snowboarding looks more fun than skiing.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 12 Nov 2014, 11:54 am

GunsGerms wrote:Serves her right for fiddling her way into the winter olympics.

Indeed, she must have pulled some strings.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 12 Nov 2014, 2:29 pm

Ban her for life, is this the most hollow punishment around. She was never going to compete again.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Wed 12 Nov 2014, 2:36 pm

So if you fiddle times you get a 4 year ban. Take drugs to enhance performance and you're back competing in 2! Something wrong somewhere.

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 12 Nov 2014, 4:34 pm

Pretty cool that Philae has made successful contact with 67P. My twitter pretty much crashed when the cheers went up.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 12 Nov 2014, 4:40 pm

beninho wrote:Ban her for life, is this the most hollow punishment around. She was never going to compete again.

She never did compete, she was last by an absolute mile. I watched it and she skied like a one week a year holiday skier.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 12 Nov 2014, 4:46 pm

Super

Is that any different to Lee Westwood in majors, he plays like a once a month golfer in the majors.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 12 Nov 2014, 4:53 pm

Come on Mac be reasonable. Vanessa Mae makes Kafelnikov look like McIlroy

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:02 pm

Just mac being controversial again - nothing changes

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:19 pm

Yup, seriously controversial to suggest westie is a duffer in majors.   picard
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:56 pm

Better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 12 Nov 2014, 11:55 pm

McLaren wrote:Yup, seriously controversial to suggest westie is a duffer in majors.   picard

I don't know why I'm entering this debate but for a guy with a record of 2 runner ups, 4 other top 3s, 4 more top 5s and 7 other top 10s in majors, if that's a duffer I'd hate to see what you'd call other players like Donald or basically anyone who hasn't won one (which is obviously what you're basing it on). Essentially, Mac logic says if you've not won one you're a duffer. Hmm...

There you go, you've glt your bite, well done
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 13 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm

Jessica Ennis was already one of my favorite people in sport and this only increases the respect I have for her. (not hero worship super, just a bit of respect)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30046618
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 13 Nov 2014, 7:44 pm

How do you remediate a sports person then Mac, if you deny them the opportunity to resume their trade?
Looks like Sheff Utd have been placed in a very difficult situation - he may have been guilty of a heinous crime but he's served his time and should surely be given the chance to earn his living.
I wonder how many have been there, done that, but escaped punishment by the grace of their lawyer? Not sure we ever properly learned the truth about Brendan Rodgers son in the Brighton shenanigans, for instance.

I hope he's allowed to get on with his life and play the game. Otherwise we'll all be paying for him.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 13 Nov 2014, 7:48 pm

but Mac, he's served his time hasn't he? You don't believe in second chances??
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 13 Nov 2014, 7:51 pm

Controversial but a look at his website casts whether he actually even did it into a considerable amount of doubt. Worth a look
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 13 Nov 2014, 7:55 pm

MPB,
Very true, but one has to respect the legal process until it's proven to be flawed.
Still think he should be able to play, tho' perhaps he needs to step away from Sheffield?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 13 Nov 2014, 7:57 pm

I am sure there is a back to work scheme for criminals he could go through, do Sheffield Utd really need to provide him with the publicity needed to inflict further pain on the woman he raped?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:00 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Controversial but a look at his website casts whether he actually even did it into a considerable amount of doubt. Worth a look
I haven't looked at his website MPB, but why should we give his version of events any credence? There must have been pretty compelling evidence of guilt if a jury convicted him.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:35 pm

I'm not saying he didn't do it. Just saying his website is worth a look. CCTV footage and what have you, rather than just his account
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:36 pm

On a similar note, Luke McCormick who killed people drink driving is now Club Captain at Plymouth.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:39 pm

Indeed Super, likewise re Lee Hughes. I think the difference with Evans is he is unrepentant. Because he thinks he didn't do it of course
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:47 pm

Plenty of good points in this Telegraph piece:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11226209/Ched-Evans-Sorry-but-all-rapes-are-not-the-same.html

I had to smile at the "Scrabble" comment; certainly suggests there is more to it than met the jury's eye.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:23 pm

kwini

Are you sure you don't want to retract that recommendation. Do you really want the record to contain that you thought an article with the following line had "some good points".

"My informal jury at the beauty salon concluded that, if you go to a hotel room with a footballer, “you’re not going to end up playing Scrabble, are you?"

Yeah, because accepting that you will not be playing scrabble is a way to consent to sex.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:28 pm

A thoroughly unsurprising and predictable Mac reaction.....

I think it's sad that you can't objectively read the sentiment and meaning of what the article is trying to say because of your need to cling to most 'outrageous ' comment you could find in it. Too blinded by your crusade. Not being able to see the wood for the trees, I think they call it
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:30 pm

mustputt

I am very comfortable in accepting that r*** cannot be graded. r*** is r***.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:35 pm

I bet you are, no doubt about it at all.
But then asking your opinion on it is a bit like asking the Pope if he likes religion. A biased, blinkered, unobjective viewpoint and an utter waste of time
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:38 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

Is that any different to Lee Westwood in majors, he plays like a once a month golfer in the majors.

Did you miss the bus home and decide that some attention seeking was in order??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:46 pm

McLaren wrote:kwini

Are you sure you don't want to retract that recommendation.  Do you really want the record to contain that you thought an article with the following line had "some good points".

"My informal jury at the beauty salon concluded that, if you go to a hotel room with a footballer, “you’re not going to end up playing Scrabble, are you?"

Yeah, because accepting that you will not be playing scrabble is a way to consent to sex.

Tell us more about the beauty salon...now if we all acted like you and jumped to overly simplistic conclusions, we would conclude that is where you worked.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:54 pm

Exactly JAS. I've no doubt he thinks this super feminist stance makes him appear intellectual and high brow, he might even think it helps with the ladies but I bet it doesn't.
In the real world the big boys have to look at sometimes uncomfortable situations and think / debate them.
Because whilst r*** is a terrible thing, a woman who agrees to sex and the next day decides she regrets it and will say she was raped, does the real r*** victims cause no good at all. I don't know if that's what happened here but there's certainly enough to make it worth a look.
Mac, being the king of bad propaganda, would have asking the question mean you're essentially are a r***ist yourself.
He probably would have left Nelson Mandela in jail, after all, conspiracy to overthrow a government is conspiracy right? You can't downgrade it. And he was convicted so that's end of debate, no?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 13 Nov 2014, 10:09 pm

JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

Did you miss the bus home and decide that some attention seeking was in order??

Jas it was a joke. Are we not allowed to joke about westwood or something?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 13 Nov 2014, 10:12 pm

So was my reply, you give some you get some :-p

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 13 Nov 2014, 10:17 pm

Fair enough. Still, with your new cat 1 handicap I bet you putt better than westwood ever has over a major weekend.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 14 Nov 2014, 7:45 am

I wouldn't know Mac I've never been involved in a Major weekend but with Lee having 17 top 10's in Majors (including 8 top 3s in the last 7 years) I can see that you are indeed joking again you jester!!

Last edited by JAS on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a bit)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 14 Nov 2014, 8:45 am

I know Roger Federer isn't always the most popular on this forum but he gave Andy Miserable a hell of a pasting last night!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 14 Nov 2014, 8:49 am

Amazing Man

Was fortunate enough to stumble across a programme about this guy the other week. Wow. Simply wow.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 14 Nov 2014, 8:53 am

Roller_Coaster wrote:Amazing Man

Was fortunate enough to stumble across a programme about this guy the other week. Wow. Simply wow.

Indeed Roller, I've been aware of this guy for a long time. (just to reiterate we aren't talking about Smug Federer here, but Eric Brown)

Remarkable life he has lived.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next