The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather Signs Two-Year Deal With Ariza

+6
John Bloody Wayne
catchweight
Rowley
wheelchair1991
kingraf
hazharrison
10 posters

Go down

Mayweather Signs Two-Year Deal With Ariza Empty Mayweather Signs Two-Year Deal With Ariza

Post by hazharrison Sun 21 Sep 2014, 12:08 pm

Interesting turn of events. Mayweather, clearly struggling with the effects of age, has apparently signed Ariza - claiming he needs him now.

Marquez-style rejuvenation anyone?

What happened to cleaning up the sport?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Signs Two-Year Deal With Ariza Empty Re: Mayweather Signs Two-Year Deal With Ariza

Post by kingraf Sun 21 Sep 2014, 12:10 pm

More suprised that it's a two year deal. Means he'll be fighting past Sept 2015.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Signs Two-Year Deal With Ariza Empty Re: Mayweather Signs Two-Year Deal With Ariza

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 21 Sep 2014, 12:47 pm

Confirms then that he wont be retiring next year as he claimed. Now comes the 'power' which floyd will discover

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 21 Sep 2014, 12:50 pm

Was never a chance of him retiring next year. If he maintains his two fights a year schedule by close of play next year he is 49-0. Believe his showtime deal expires then. Anyone who thinks he is walking away when he has one more fight to beat Marciano's record, as a free agent at that is beyond naïve

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 21 Sep 2014, 12:57 pm

He might start running out of winnable easy pickings soon though.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 21 Sep 2014, 1:02 pm

Rowley wrote:Was never a chance of him retiring next year. If he maintains his two fights a year schedule by close of play next year he is 49-0. Believe his showtime deal expires then. Anyone who thinks he is walking away when he has one more fight to beat Marciano's record, as a free agent at that is beyond naïve

HE DOESN'T BEAT MARCIANO'S RECORD!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 21 Sep 2014, 3:54 pm

You're right, Marciano's crown of bum beater will remain safe regardless of Mayweather's opp at this stage

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 21 Sep 2014, 3:54 pm

I don't actually think Marciano's opp was that bad, just want to touch a nerve Very Happy

Last edited by John Bloody Wayne on Sun 21 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My neighbour's head)

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 21 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:You're right, Marciano's crown of bum beater will remain safe regardless of Mayweather's opp at this stage

Ez Charles, Archie Moore and Arnold Cream spin in their graves....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 21 Sep 2014, 3:56 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I don't actually think Marciano's opp was that bad, just want to touch a nerve  Very Happy

Ooh, you inflammatory poster you!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Sep 2014, 3:57 pm

Marciano holds the record for the longest unblemished retired record something Mayweather can beat, it is not something confined to the heavyweight division.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 21 Sep 2014, 4:10 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Marciano holds the record for the longest unblemished retired record something Mayweather can beat, it is not something confined to the heavyweight division.

Big whoops. A host of fighters passed 49-0 before being beaten. Marciano retired the heavyweight king of the world. His record is a heavyweight championship record.

Respect points: -1.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 21 Sep 2014, 4:11 pm

And he didn't need a dodgy "conditioning coach" to do it!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Sep 2014, 4:14 pm

You should go and tell all those writers you hero worship that they're wrong and you're right despite being woefully wrong.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 21 Sep 2014, 4:16 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You should go and tell all those writers you hero worship that they're wrong and you're right despite being woefully wrong.

So if Mayweather retires at 50-0 with three more hand-picked opponents Marciano's record is up in smoke? Dear God (Hugh McIlvanney)....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Sep 2014, 4:18 pm

Mayweather would then hold the record for the most wins with no losses or draws for a retired fighter which Marciano currently holds, it is also for him a heavyweight record but isn't specific to that division.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 21 Sep 2014, 4:26 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Mayweather would then hold the record for the most wins with no losses or draws for a retired fighter which Marciano currently holds, it is also for him a heavyweight record but isn't specific to that division.

I bet that would drive BoxRec fetishists wild? And he needs the help of a shady figure in Ariza to attempt it.

You must have had a bonk on when Brian Nielsen and Paul Spadafora came close?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Sep 2014, 4:31 pm

Spadafora got nowhere close to it but I do see you keep insisting on the Boxrec jibes.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 21 Sep 2014, 4:31 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Spadafora got nowhere close to it but I do see you keep insisting on the Boxrec jibes.

Well in BoxRec.

Respect points: 1

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 21 Sep 2014, 4:33 pm

Such a sad little man.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 21 Sep 2014, 4:34 pm

Congrats to haz for use of 'bonk on'... an expression I haven't heard for years.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 21 Sep 2014, 4:34 pm

milkyboy wrote:Congrats to haz for use of 'bonk on'... an expression I haven't heard for years.

Nostalgia points: 3

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:05 am

hazharrison wrote:Interesting turn of events. Mayweather, clearly struggling with the effects of age, has apparently signed Ariza - claiming he needs him now.

The 4th Mayweather bashing thread by this guy in a row.....

Oh diddums Sad Sad Sad Sad .......... Someone might rate him higher than one of my golden oldies...

We get it Mate...............

Cue article by some Boxing writer..............Who doesn't know s**t..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 22 Sep 2014, 11:34 am

Rowley wrote:Was never a chance of him retiring next year. If he maintains his two fights a year schedule by close of play next year he is 49-0. Believe his showtime deal expires then. Anyone who thinks he is walking away when he has one more fight to beat Marciano's record, as a free agent at that is beyond naïve

Completely agree. I can't see anyone not having one more fight to make 50-0.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:23 pm

Not sure If he'd retire at 50-0................

Remember Holmes fighting Zanon, Bey and other turd to try to get to 50-0 .........

Thomas, Page, Witherspoon 2 were all off the menu..

He thought Spinks would be crap at heavy and an easy night...Otherwise he'd have avoided him...

But Larry never cherry picked becaue he isn't a modern fighter..

All modern fighters are relatives of Satan..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 22 Sep 2014, 1:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Interesting turn of events. Mayweather, clearly struggling with the effects of age, has apparently signed Ariza - claiming he needs him now.

The 4th Mayweather bashing thread by this guy in a row.....

Oh diddums  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  .......... Someone might rate him higher than one of my golden oldies...

We get it Mate...............

Cue article by some Boxing writer..............Who doesn't know s**t..

As balanced as ever.

Weren't you the guy that slung mud at Pacquiao for working with Ariza?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down