The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Night Of Champions Results

+3
XR
Crimey
Fernando
7 posters

Go down

WWE Night Of Champions Results  Empty WWE Night Of Champions Results

Post by Fernando Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 am

WWE Tag Team Title Match
The Usos (c) vs. Goldust & Stardust

The challengers start out in control of Jimmy for several minutes, tagging in and out and picking apart the previously injured leg of Jimmy Uso. Jimmy slaps the taste out of Goldust and smiles, then body drops Goldust and throws him to the floor. The Dusts regroup, but Uso runs the barricade and takes them both out. Goldy drops him with a powerslam on the floor hard. They heel up for a few minutes and keep attacking the injury. Cody puts on a rest hold to kill a few minutes. Jimmy almost makes the tag, then tries for a Samoan Drop, but Cody turns it into a neckbreaker. After a few more minutes, Stardust runs into the ringpost, Jimmy hits Goldust with a step-up kick, and Jay finally makes the hot tag. They all brawl to the outside and Jay wraps Cody around the ring post and pounds away on his knee. He hits a flying crossbody off the ropes, superkicks Goldy, and hip splashes his brother in the corner. Cody with a surprise Dark Matter out of nowhere, but only gets two. He almost gets DQ’d hanging Jay in the ropes, but Jimmy makes the save. Jay comes off the apron to take out Goldy, and Jimmy dives through the ropes onto Cody; everyone is down as the ref counts. The legal men are back in by 9, and Jay tries for a Superfly Splash, but Stardust gets his knees up. Roll-up from Stardust for the 1-2-3.

Winners and NEW CHAMPIONS: Goldust & Stardust

United States Title Match
Sheamus (c) vs. Cesaro

Sheamus surprises his opponent by actually locking up and chain wrestling him. It eventually breaks down as he gets slapped in the face, and the brawling starts in. They trade punches and kicks and knees and everything else they can, until both of them go over the top rope. Cesaro gets back in the ring first, and Sheamus does his battering ram move over the ropes. Irish whip to the corner (literally), but Sheamus actually skins the cat to the top rope, only to get uppercut all the way to the floor. Cesaro puts on a rest hold, Sheamus counters into his own headlock, Cesaro reverses with a suplex. The champ fires up with a few ax handles, but Cesaro turns him upside-down with a lariat. After a few minutes, Sheamus tries for his Ten Beats, but Cesaro uppercuts him and they fight to the top turnbuckle. The challenger ends up crashing to the floor with a sit-down toss, and Sheamus sets up for the Brogue Kick, only to get caught by a huge uppercut. They brawl back and forth with elbows but nobody is going down. Another Brogue Kick attempt, but Cesaro with a roll-up counter. Looks like he tries for the Neutralizer, but settles for a powerbomb instead. Yet another Brogue attempt – yet another powerslam counter. It’s time to trade standing uppercuts and Sheamus ends up taking a beating, then comes back and asks for more! Cesaro responds with a big boot and starts throwing punches, but the referee backs him off and Sheamus comes out of the corner with a Brogue! 1-2-3.

Winner and STILL CHAMPION: Sheamus

Mark Henry is backstage getting pumped. Big Show walks in and asks if he’s ready, Henry says that’s a stupid questions. Show hypes him up, saying there’s over 300 million Americans in his corner. Show says he’s not dressed correctly, and gives him a singlet with the American flag on it, and tells him to go destroy Rusev.

Florida Georgia Line comes out and announces that they’ll be doing live music for WWE Tribute to the Troops this year. They’re sitting in on commentary for the next match.

Intercontinental Title Match
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. The Miz

Ziggler drops the challenger and hits him with a dozen elbow drops. Miz comes back with a dropkick and takes control with rest holds. Sandow yells at the band while JBL talks about Miz’s cats – there’s supposedly a match going on in the ring, but nobody is paying attention to it. After a few minutes Dolph explodes out of the corner with a clothesline. Sandow and Florida Georgia Line get into it, and the band end up throwing him to the floor. Truth chases Sandow up the ramp and to the back, and Ziggler hits the Zig-Zag. 1…2…surprise kick-out. Dolph goes for it again, but Miz transitions into the Figure Four! Ziggler screams in pain, but eventually he gets to the ropes. Zig-Zag connects with a Fameasser out of nowhere, but again only gets a two-count. The champ has trouble standing up now with the injured knee. Sandow is back, gets on the apron, and takes a superkick from Dolph. Miz rolls-up Ziggler with a handful of tights, and steals the 1-2-3.

Winner and NEW CHAMPION: The Miz

September 21, 2014
Seth Rollins comes out and brings out Lil’ Naitch as the referee for his “match”. He says that emergency surgery is not an excuse to miss Night of Champions, and gives Roman Reigns to the count of ten to get his ass to the ring. The ref calls for the bell, they count to ten, and Rollins is declared the winner. He says it’s his job to make the people happy tonight, and declares an open challenge to anyone who wants it. A taxi appears backstage, and Dean Ambrose busts out of it, rushing to the ring to a huge pop. Dean htis the ring and the two brawl immediately out of the ring, into the stands. The Authority and a dozen security guards come out, but Ambrose dives off a platform and takes them all out. The brawl continues for several minutes until security tackles Ambrose, zip-ties him, and literally carries him off. Seth Rollins leaves with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon as the crowd boo’s them all.

Mark Henry introduces us to Lillian Garcia, who is out to sing the National Anthem. She does a great job, and gets a huge pop; Mark Henry is literally crying right now.

Mark Henry vs. Rusev

Rusev brawls as soon as the bell rings, tossing the big man out of the ring and smashing him into the ring steps. The beat down continues for about five minutes, until Henry comes back with the World’s Strongest Slam out of nowhere. Rusev rolls to the floor to avoid being pinned; there’s one guy booing him loudly right next to him. Rusev superkicks Henry, then locks in the Accolade. Mark Henry taps out, and that’s it. So much for ‘Murica.

Winner: Rusev

Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho

Orton throws a few right hands so Jericho fires back with knife-edge chops. Orton slows things down with rest holds, and after a few minutes they brawl up to the top rope, and he gets the better of a superplex. Back to the rest holds we go, until Jericho battles back with more chops. His offense doesn’t last long, as Orton throws him over the ropes and he crashes into the Spanish announce table. Orton rolls to the floor and hands JBL his cowboy hat, then powerslams Jericho into the announce table; Diet Dew flies everywhere. Randy goes on the hunt for several moments, stomping away on body parts and picking his spots. Jericho tries for a Lionsault at one point, but is caught with a backbreaker and the Hangman’s DDT. RKO attempt, but Jericho blocks it and hits the Lionsault for a two-count. Walls of Jericho attempt, but Orton sends him flying into the ring post. Randy spends a minute to listen to the crowd boo him, then backs up and lines up for the Punt Kick. He tries, but Jericho counters and locks in the Walls. He crawls to the ropes but Chris takes it back to the middle of the ring. He crawls to the ropes again, but Jericho sits down on his back. Finally Orton rolls the hold over, delivers a few punches, and sends Y2J through the ropes. He comes back but eats a Hangman’s DDT; both men down. Once again Orton taunts the crowd, and this time he sets up for the RKO. He tries for it, but Jericho hits the Codebreaker out of nowhere – 1…2…kick-out! Y2J heads up to the top rope and perches himself there, waiting for an ax handle. When he finally tries for it, Orton hits the RKO out of the air. 1…2…3.

Winner: Randy Orton

WWE Divas Title Match
Paige (c) vs. Nikki Bella vs. AJ Lee

Loud “CM Punk” chant, because why not… Nikki and Paige get in each other’s face, so AJ dropkicks them both. Nikki with a dropkick off the second rope taking out Paige, as AJ gets thrown the floor. Nikki with a nice roll-through cross-armbar, exactly like Alberto del Rio used to do. AJ breaks it up and throws Bella to the floor. Big kick to the champ’s face and she heads to the top rope, but Nikki throws her off and drops her across the top rope for a two-count. Nikki drags her to the middle of the ring and starts pounding away on her, until Paige comes back and kicks her in the leg. Paige picks up AJ and hugs her, but AJ throws her off. The champ gets offended and kicks her in the head, screaming “why don’t you love me!?” Nikki comes back and tries for a backbreaker, but AJ counters into the Black Widow. Paige saves her title and tries to pin both of them, but can’t. AJ and Paige brawl to the top rope, and Nikki sets up the 3-way tower of death to send everyone crashing. Nikki with the Rack Attack on the champion, but AJ breaks it up. They brawl to the apron and Lee throws her hard to the floor. She puts the Black Widow on Paige, who tries to counter, but ends up tapping out.

Winner and NEW CHAMPION: AJ Lee

John Cena hits the Attitude Adjustment as soon as the bell rings, but Brock kicks out before one and completely no-sells it. He locks in the kimura but Cena escapes, only to run into the kimura lock again. Lesnar hits a German suplex, then picks him up and hits him with three vertical suplexes in a row (small “Eddie!” chant). John starts throwing right hands to the face and stuns the champion, but goes for an Irish whip and gets destroyed with a lariat. Brock goes back to the kimura, but is in the ropes so he has to break by five. The champ with a belly-to-belly suplex (5) for a two-count. Cena bursts out of the corner with more shots to the face, but is caught again with a shoulder thrust into the opposite corner. Brock runs into a hard elbow and Cena fires off with a half dozen body blows and some jabs to the chin. He tries to lift the big man, but gets suplexed on his head (6). Lesnar is bleeding from the nose from the elbow, but continues his beat down and systematic destruction. The gloves come off (literally), but Cena catches him with the Attitude Adjustment, but again Brock kicks out before a one-count; this time he does stay down for a few seconds, visibly shaken up. Lesnar goes for the F5 but gets caught in the STF; the champ counters into the kimura, positioned between the challenger and the ropes. Cena deadlifts the champ into the air and slams him down, hits the AA again and locks in the STF! Brock won’t tap out, so Cena picks him up and hits him with a 4th Attitude Adjustment. Out of nowhere, Seth Rollins hits the ring and blasts John with the Money in the Bank briefcase.

Winner by DQ: John Cena

Seth Rollins hits the Curb Stomp on Brock Lesnar, then leaves the ring and gives his briefcase to the referee. John Cena attacks him from behind and they brawl back into the ring. Rollins escapes as Brock Lesnar gets back up, then hits Cena with the F5.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE Night Of Champions Results  Empty Re: WWE Night Of Champions Results

Post by Crimey Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:29 am

Think as a show it was slightly better than expected and obviously I imagine different to what had been originally planned before Reigns' injury. I thought the way the main event ended was one of the only ways that would have been satisfying really, pretty much everybody came out of it looking good. Lesnar kicked out of 3 AAs...with ease, survived the STF and he may have even kicked out of the fourth. He then took a curb stomp and was still up after a bit and finished the night the last man standing. Cena obviously put in a much better showing and could have won without the Rollins interference, him being better this match was believable, his style was much more frantic and scrappy, it wasn't showman like and it felt like Cena knew that the moment he lost the momentum it was over. Rollins looked good because he had the balls to cash in on Lesnar, even if he was down and hit his finisher on the Undertaker's streak-ending, dominant world champion. 

I think that none of the matches were actually very good though, a lot felt like they could have been on Raw and the Ambrose return was poorly done, but I appreciate that it was booked at the last minute as to be like that so might have played a part in why it was so underwhelming. As well as the fact that pretty much everybody knew he was coming back.

Think the right people won every match apart from the Divas where I wasn't sure why they're giving the title back to AJ so soon.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:55 am

I'll torrent this show and give it a chance but all the results were expected imo. No way they'd have Cena lose clean twice in a row, and if it goes to match 3 at hell in a cell then i really hope he doesn't win that one too.

The Divas Title is in such a weird spot right now. They're pushing that Total Divas show and they design feuds on tv for it yet none of them are the actual champion? Probably saving it for a 'wrestlemania moment' style angle for the show but still, doesn't make a lot of sense.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:56 pm

I actually thought it was a really good PPV. The Uso's had another great tag title match, Cesaro vs Sheamus was an excellent match - really hard hitting and could have gone either way.

Rusev vs Henry was slow, and while Ziggler vs Miz was a decent enough match the IC title feels meaningless at this point.

Orton vs Jericho was another really good match that delivered despite a really poor build-up, expect to see Jericho written off TV on RAW tonight.

That was as good a Diva's match as i've seen from WWE in a long time, even Nikki impressed me - which I never thought I would say. Its actually refreshing to see WWE Divas actually fight and have a real match instead of dancing and checking their make-up.

Lesnar - Cena was exactly what it should have been. Both guys looked strong especially with the unclean finish leaving things in the air. And it was a good enough match that I dont think many people will complain to see a part 3 in Hell in a Cell.

They totally botched Ambrose's return. Shouldnt have bothered with the Taxi bit and just had his music hit for a much bigger pop.

Despite a poor build-up, I thought it was a really good show, probably the best since non-big 4 since Payback, and better than EC

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Yeah really impressed, with the PPV, given that i had so little hopes going into it!

The Usos's match was brilliant, but match of the night for me was Sheamus vs Cessaro.

The other matches were ok, apart from Rusev vs Henry, which i thought was shambolic, did enjoy Mark Henry's passion pre match though, England footy players take note.

The Orton vs Jericho was the only match i had periods of nodding off in, good match though!

The Main event, was going very well and whilst i didn't enjoy the ending, i agree with Crimey the booking makes sense and everyone comes away looking strong.

Finally the Ambrose return, whilst i didn't like the taxi i think his music isn't big enough to just play and get the pop, as his theme song isn't well known yet. If that makes any sense! (It does to me haha)

Good PPV. Now lets hope WWE, can actually book Raw well over the next month heading into Hell in a Cell.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:09 pm

DQs always always feel cheap and this one felt no different especially as it was the main event. It was patently obvious that Rollins wasn't going to cash in by the way he was acting - it was like watching someone climb a ladder when you know fine well they aren't grabbing the breifcase/belt. If they want fueds to continue then they need to come up with something different as it's really off-putting.

The match was solid though as was the PPV in general. Wrong result in the women's match. The booking is just really hard to follow. Sheamus/Cesaro had a very good match but I still can't get over Cesaro's awkwardness in the way he carries himself.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:48 pm

It was quite good for one of the lesser PPVs IMO.

The Usos vs Dust Brothers. The wrestling was good, but I didn't quite get the story. As I've not been following Raw too closely it felt like the DBs should be heels, but I saw as many heel moves from the Usos. So, odd story to me.

Sheamus vs Cesaro. Same point really. Are they both tweeners who just like to fight. While good in the ring, I thought it lacked that extra hook of wanting someone to win. And if they were going 2 well-matched fighters who just want to see who's better then maybe should have gone with Sheamus raising Cesaro's hand or vice versa at the end.

Pretty odd to me that the USA Title has no pomp or anyone cares about its USness. Then we have Henry and the anthem. Was alright. But to me Henry is a real mid-carder so no surprise or upset for him to lose.

Ziggler vs Miz was like watching a good movie with people in the row behind talking about something else. Way to undersell the IC by having more attention on some band than the two combatants. Who else would do this (especially after the announce team had earlier told some mugs they'd paid 50 dollars to watch this).

Orton vs Jericho. IMO match of the night. Great action, and the two told a good story with little build up.

Divas still bore me.

I didn't really like the lead up to the WWE Heavyweight title rematch. I wasn't sure where they could go in the ring from a whitewash in the first. But it worked. And they did pretty well. Don't know about the ending, but expect it will be a set up that they have to be in the cell so Reigns can't interfere. Gawd I hope its that and they don't go triple threat.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down