The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryder Cup predictions.............

+40
jimbohammers
Steffan
I'm never wrong
EdWoodjr
SmithersJones
Sheldo25
Dave.
Diggers
Be_the_ball
Good Golly I'm Olly
hogie
bluestonevedder
barragan
Seve76
Plunky
raycastleunited
navyblueshorts
robopz
1GrumpyGolfer
sirbenson
longgame
Bob_the_Job
John Cregan
JAS
4putt
GPB
Hibbz
George1507
hend085
Sand
beninho
incontinentia
lorus59
Shotrock
super_realist
McLaren
pedro
kwinigolfer
Davie
TRUSSMAN66
44 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Ryder Cup predictions............. - Page 6 Empty Ryder Cup predictions.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Sep - 12:18

First topic message reminder :

USA 15 - Europe 13

European top points scorer - Rory Mcilroy.............

European Lowest Points scorer - Lee Westwood....

USA Top points scorer - Jim Furyk.............

USA Lowest points scorer - Webb Simpson........

USA 8 - 8 Europe going into the singles......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Ryder Cup predictions............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Ryder Cup predictions.............

Post by Be_the_ball Sat 27 Sep - 13:26

Oh hello, Poulters woken up, heart of a lion that guy!

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Ryder Cup predictions............. - Page 6 Empty Re: Ryder Cup predictions.............

Post by Diggers Sat 27 Sep - 13:31

Poulters playing exactly the way his form of the past year suggested he would play. Crap.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Sat 27 Sep - 13:34

That's true Davie, he did finish well but he'd be the first to admit that he hasn't played well this morning. Even on the last few holes there were some ugly shots - the drives on 15, 16 and 18, the duffed chip on 17. Rory must have played well because he salvaged something out of that when you wouldn't have expected it.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sat 27 Sep - 13:43

Well, I hope that after the foursomes it no further apart than 9-7 either side. Love a close Ryder Cup.

Also foursomes is much better than fourballs in my opinion. I like that every shot counts.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat 27 Sep - 14:20

Why play a guy who has 1 point from 3 matches (=Rory).

Is McGinley making the "Tiger Woods" mistake?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 27 Sep - 16:29

Diggers wrote:Poulters playing exactly the way his form of the past year suggested he would play. Crap.

Quit with the trolling diggers.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 27 Sep - 16:40

Diggers has no interest anyway - or so he said

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 27 Sep - 16:46

Davie

I was taking the pi55. (more specifically out of anyone suggesting that there is an issue in questioning poulter as a pick)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 27 Sep - 16:53

I'll always enjoy watching Poultry play badly Davie, the nailed on "logical" pick despite having had a shocking season.
Not his fault, pretty silly to expect him to turn up and play brilliantly when its clear he's got problems with his game.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 27 Sep - 17:59

McLaren wrote:George

i don't follow golf all that closely and it was clear to me Poulter was in terrible form at the moment, and had been for quite some time.  How exactly was he going to miraculously turn into a top player?

So it should have been obvious to someone like McGinely who has presumably been keeping tabs on these guys stats.
Maybe, but Spieth and Reed have been way off form for most of the season but they seem to have stepped up ok.

McLaren wrote:
Be_the_ball wrote:Oh hello, Poulters woken up, heart of a lion that guy!

Heart of a lion.... Ball striking of a 20 handicapper.
Laugh Oh, that's definitely one of your better ones there  clap .

Diggers wrote:I'll always enjoy watching Poultry play badly Davie, the nailed on "logical" pick despite having had a shocking season.
Not his fault, pretty silly to expect him to turn up and play brilliantly when its clear he's got problems with his game.
Quite. He's been awful this season. Chip-ins and gobblers at this level become a little irrelevant if they're for pars and bogeys.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Sat 27 Sep - 18:25

Thanks for playing boys - need a miracle tomorrow, but the better bet would be the +5 margin of European victory.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldo25 Sat 27 Sep - 18:26

I think McIlroy was magnificent today. He had to carry Poulter on his back for most of the morning and then Garcia for half the afternoon. He may not win as many tournaments as Tiger Woods, but clearly he can switch into team mode in a way that Woods has never been able to. I was very surprised that Mickelson and Bradley were benched this afternoon, especially as Fowler and Walker had never actually won a match up to that point!

Sheldo25

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat 27 Sep - 19:19

Dubuisson playing last. Not sure I like that that idea.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldo25 Sat 27 Sep - 19:33

McGinley's obviously put what he considers to be his top 4 first. Not so sure what his thinking is after that!

Sheldo25

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Sat 27 Sep - 19:37

Shotrock wrote:Thanks for playing boys - need a miracle tomorrow, but the better bet would be the +5 margin of European victory.
Hey... I believe in fate... and I've got a feeling... so my guess is the Americans close the gap... but unfortunately.... just a little...

Ole, ole, ole... (God how I hate that fricking song...) furious

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 27 Sep - 19:52

Spieth
Reed
Mcilroy
Rose
Mickelson
Watson
Bjorn
Furyk
Poulter
Donaldson
Walker
Duboissen

Can't see it..... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

16 -12..................More humble pie on Monday..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 27 Sep - 19:59

Sheldo25 wrote:McGinley's obviously put what he considers to be his top 4 first. Not so sure what his thinking is after that!

I imagine McDowell offered to go first...........Think the Frenchman carried him a bit..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldo25 Sat 27 Sep - 20:10

The coverage didn't show too much of that game after Gmac and Dooby got off to a flier, so I think that's a little unfair on Gmac, although admittedly all the really great shots we saw were Dubuisson's.

Sheldo25

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat 27 Sep - 20:27

Incredible they didn't show more of Gmac/Dubuisson.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldo25 Sat 27 Sep - 21:01

Assuming Sky have control of the coverage a lot of the production has been poor. I don't want to see players waiting on the first tee when there are shots being played on the course!

Sheldo25

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sat 27 Sep - 21:08

I think the Americans will win the singles by some margin. But I think we'll get at least 4 points.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Sat 27 Sep - 21:11

I agree. There was only four games out there yet they still managed to miss some important shots. It is ok to interview players when their game is done, or waiting to start, but keep showing the action. It's not as though the interviews are illuminating - "you played great Justin!". "Thanks Tim. Yes I did play great".

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve76 Sat 27 Sep - 21:18

The Americans have won both fourball sessions, which suggests they are happier & more effective when playing their own balls.
This could bode well for them in the singles, and I'm not totally convinced this will be a comfortable European win. From a similar starting point in 2010 we nearly let it slip away. So we'll see....

Seve76

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 27 Sep - 21:51

The Speith Reed v Kaymer Rose Half was probably the worst ever game ive ever seen in the RC...............not sure of the figures but both struggled to break 80..................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sat 27 Sep - 22:15

74 and 76 - the Americans won 2 par 3s with birdie to our bogey.

Sharp contrast to Westwood & Donaldson, who were 6 under 4s for the 17 holes. Sergio & Rory 3 under 4s for 16 holes and GMac and Victor 6 under 4s for 14.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve76 Sat 27 Sep - 22:33

Sigh... Another infuriating BBC blooper, as Irvine states in her closing remarks that "the last two occasions the scoreline's been 10-6, the trailing team has come back to win".
Nope. It was 10-6 at the K Club in '06, when Europe romped further ahead in the singles.

Seve76

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 27 Sep - 23:19

I've actually got the USA to win singles 7-5 but still enough for a Europe win

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sat 27 Sep - 23:26

Why does Kuchar get so much grief from some of the European supporters ?

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve76 Sat 27 Sep - 23:38

EdWoodjr wrote:Why does Kuchar get so much grief from some of the European supporters ?
He doesn't. They're not booing him, they're shouting "Kooooooch".
Same as the "Luuuuuuke" for Luke Donald.

Seve76

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 28 Sep - 0:49

Does anyone know what Dubuisson has done to hack off McGinley? Probably the on of the top three players for Europe put in a meaningless position. Whereas Poulter (in 2014 form a complete hacker) is put in the thick of the action.

There is no argument that can make sense of that. If Europe win it has nothing to do with captaincy (unless you consider watson incompetent, an argument we will have in the coming weeks) and all to do with Europe having many better players compared to the USA.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sun 28 Sep - 7:11

I don't know if there is any agreement between the captains before the selections are revealed but it looks suspicious to me. McIlroy v Fowler is one, Poulter v Simpson another. I'm thinking that McGinley put Dubuisson last as he thought he might need somebody strong at the end - like McDowell at Celtic Manor. But I don't think the situation is the same. We were only 2 points up then going into the singles. I agree with you Mac, get the points on the board with our best players first.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldo25 Sun 28 Sep - 8:12

I know it doesn't happen that often, but does anyone else think that if it's 14-14 then the retaining of the cup by the previous winners is unsatisfactory? Why not take both teams to the nearest par 3, choose a player from each team and play the hole? If it is halved then choose another player each from those remaining and so on until someone wins?

Sheldo25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 28 Sep - 8:47

McLaren wrote:Does anyone know what Dubuisson has done to hack off McGinley?  Probably the on of the top three players for Europe put in a meaningless position. Whereas Poulter (in 2014 form a complete hacker) is put in the thick of the action.

There is no argument that can make sense of that.  If Europe win it has nothing to do with captaincy (unless you consider watson incompetent, an argument we will have in the coming weeks) and all to do with Europe having many better players compared to the USA.
I agree about Dubuisson he's been brilliant yet only played two sessions and is probably in a meaningless singles match. How anybody can deny that goatee serious screen time is beyond me
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve76 Sun 28 Sep - 9:19

I'm never wrong wrote:I don't know if there is any agreement between the captains before the selections are revealed but it looks suspicious to me. McIlroy v Fowler is one, Poulter v Simpson another. I'm thinking that McGinley put Dubuisson last as he thought he might need somebody strong at the end - like McDowell at Celtic Manor. But I don't think the situation is the same. We were only 2 points up then going into the singles. I agree with you Mac, get the points on the board with our best players first.
No, there's no agreement between the captains in that respect. They have no idea of each other's order of play. You're just bound to end up with coincidences now and again, like years ago when Woosnam & Couples drew each other three Ryder Cups in a row.
Somebody has to play last, and you never really want to use up all your good players too early in case it goes wrong & ends up going down to the wire.

Seve76

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 28 Sep - 9:53

It will take a very unlikely set of of results for Dubuisson's match to mean anything. He has been totally snubbed and would be rightly peed off considering he has been one of the best players this week.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldo25 Sun 28 Sep - 10:01

Someone has to be last!

Sheldo25

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Sep - 10:03

I don't see that Dubuisson has been "snubbed" though I might have played him higher up the order. Think I might have put Kaymer in at #12 after Medinah, but someone's got to be the tail-ender.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 28 Sep - 10:10

Why not put poulter at 12 so that his awful play makes no difference to the day? Someone has to go last, of course that is true, but in this instance the player going last is most likely player a dead rubber. Which seems unfair on someone who is playing as well as Dubuisson is. We must also not forget he has been partly snubbed already by being benched in two sessions and made to watch Poulter duff his way around the course.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Sep - 10:18

Poulter's only played twice.
It looks like McGinley had a plan which he's keeping to - sounds like he told McDool that he was leading off early in the week, so perhaps he told Vic the same?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 28 Sep - 10:42

Would think Gallagher would be better out last Mac, given he's been even worse than Poulter has, and that Poulter has never lost a singles.

Dubuisson has hardly been benched in favour of Poulter, they've played exactly the same number of games.

You say a captain does nothing, but he's the one making decisions on who plays and when.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Sep - 11:09

TRUSSMAN has been very quiet on his thread . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldo25 Sun 28 Sep - 11:46

McGinley cant afford to be complacent, he has to have a plan B. The guys at the bottom of the draw are part of that plan.

Sheldo25

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 28 Sep - 11:50

Super

Have you noticed just how fat Reed is? I hadn't.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldo25 Sun 28 Sep - 12:04

At least Sky have shown all the shots so far, rather than pointless shots of people picking their nose on the tee!

Sheldo25

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 28 Sep - 12:25

McLaren wrote:Super

Yes, Quite the disgrace for a young man. Playing like a fat knacker too and a stupid crucifix "choker" too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 28 Sep - 12:52

Gallacher also struggling to conceal his beer gut.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 28 Sep - 13:18

Niklaus is a rubbish pundit

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sun 28 Sep - 13:33

I would love to see Stenson walk up to Reed and deck him.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun 28 Sep - 14:00

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

Yes, Quite the disgrace for a young man. Playing like a fat knacker too and a stupid crucifix "choker" too.

Can ye just private message this sort of tripe?

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 28 Sep - 14:03

no

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next