The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price v chisora or fury?

+22
Happytravelling
buttermancan
Mr Bounce
rycoys
hayemaker
AlexHuckerby
kingraf
theanimal316
3fingers
Strongback
catchweight
Hammersmith harrier
DuransHorse
md_fan
milkyboy
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
Dipper Brown
Adam D
wheelchair1991
spencerclarke
26 posters

Go down

Price v chisora or fury? Empty Price v chisora or fury?

Post by spencerclarke Wed 29 Oct 2014, 8:37 am

Morning all,

Having read that price wants to fight the winner of chisora or fury I was wondering how people saw this fight going now. Its one thats not been discussed too much since Price lost twice to Thompson and to be fair neither Chis or Tyson are likely to risk a potential fight with Wlad at this stage but I'm intruiged to hear peoples thoughts on if it did come off now. Has Price shown enough in his comeback fights to suggest he has learnt from his mistakes? Would he need to have to beat either or both of these guys? Or would it signal the end of the road for Price?

Personally think he either blows them both out of the water in the first three rounds or chis/fury win on points.

Cheers

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Price v chisora or fury? Empty Re: Price v chisora or fury?

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 29 Oct 2014, 9:13 am

I think Price would struggle with chisora more for some reason as he has a solid chin and could drag price into the later rounds and stop him im not sure fury could stand up to the price power

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 29 Oct 2014, 9:16 am

It still amazes me how the general consensus on here discount Fury at every turn.

Out of the three of them, he is the only undefeated one.

He has beaten one of the others once.

Isnt afraid to get up off the floor to fight (unlike Price who gives up).

Packs a punch (maybe not as heavy as Price but still knocks people out).

I get that he might not be the most skilled or likeable but he is undefeated and has beaten some decent fighters (Kingpin, Chis and Cunningham were all fairly good scalps). Not world beaters but not mugs!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 29 Oct 2014, 9:25 am

Well Adam i dont discount fury agaist chisora or price its a close call but thats how i see it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 29 Oct 2014, 9:33 am

To be fair adam I think any boxer in the world has to be at risk against prices power in the first few rounds. Dont think I'm dismissing fury. In fact I think he will beat chis. But I feel most of the heavyweights today are alright not great. Most of them are on a fairly even level. What it does mean is that although the quality isnt there there should still be some fun fights to watch if all the contenders start fighting one another.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Oct 2014, 9:48 am

About time Price put himself back in the public eye. Two bad losses (jury still out over the perforated ear drum theory) but his capitulation to Thompson in the rematch was more worrying than anything. Adrenaline dump after expending too much nervous energy, gassing or just lacking heart don't really agree with that) Price needed to go away and figure out what the problem was: Physical or mental?

However, people gave Lewis the chance to redeem himself after losing to McCall and he didn't do too badly but seem reluctant to allow Price the same opportunity. Fickle folk.

Think he beats Chisora if he keeps him at range and lands that big right hand regularly. Chis likes to work up close but sometimes smothers his own work and the likes of Price and even Fury will just lean on him and tire him out late on before stopping him.

Despise Fury with a passion and would be delighted if Chis beat him but sadly think the great oaf will win and the blustering blowhard will continue running his mouth.

A fight between Fury and Price is a decent domestic fight but can see them trying to make it some kind of title eliminator and genuinely don't see either of them as World Class (Joshua even with his flaws takes them both out inside six rounds)

Anyway, if Price has sorted out his issues re "stamina" I think he's good enough to beat Fury but if not, the great oaf gets the stoppage win and people start getting all misty eyed for the return of David Haye to finally put this clown out of our collective misery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:05 am

Case of styles make fights, if Price can't get Chisora out early then Chisora could really make it hard for him down the stretch.

Fury has too many basic flaws. Too easy to hit and Price hits too hard. I can't see anything other than an early nights work for Price.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:19 am

Frankly my opinion has swayed slightly. Since Haye 'destroyed' Chis, he's seemed a lot more vunerable. Previously I'd have favoured Price over Fury (due to Fury's chin) and Chis over Price but now it's the other way round.

Think Fury would have the balls to come out swinging which Price couldn't handle (with the caveat that if Price lands, Fury doesn't get up) whereas Chis would come forward and try do his thing but basically just be a better/more effective Skelton and Price would tee off on him, stopping him in the mid-rounds.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:28 am

I'd pick Fury or Chisora in 5 unless they get caught on the button..

Price is a dead loss in the pro game....Pathetic capitulation to a pensioner twice has taken any stock he had...

Said it before he should fight Wlad and quit If he doesn't win the lottery..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:30 am

I wouldn't like to bet on any outcome if Price fought either of those two, really. His comeback has been low-key and I'd like to see him in a bit of a tester before I'd feel confident of saying whether or not he's on the right track again after those two horror losses to Thompson.

He could definitely blast both of them out early on his night - you'd give Price a puncher's chance against pretty much anyone. But if they're still there after a few rounds Price is going to have real problems given how fragile and then knackered he looked against Thompson. He doesn't look like he can fight that well on the back foot so Chisora could cause him problems there if he weathered an early storm.

Against Fury it's anyone's guess, really. Fury's been dropped and shaken up by lesser hitters than Price, but when he wants to he can box well at range and put in a disciplined shift. He's also probably a more accomplished fighter in close than Price. Common sense says that if Price gets him cleanly it'll be one panic moment Fury can't recover from....But if he does then he's likely to make it in to a dog fight and just outlast and outfight Price. Say what you like about Fury (and God knows, collectively v2 have said a hell of a lot about him!) but he is a tenacious lad with plenty of fighting heart.

It's all a bit up in the air for me. Gun to my head, he beats Chisora but loses to Fury, but that's not a statement made with any confidence!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 29 Oct 2014, 11:55 am

Gun to my head, he loses to both, but likewise neither are fights I'd bet on.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by md_fan Wed 29 Oct 2014, 6:15 pm

Surely Wlad K. should face the winner and Price should (consider himself lucky) to face the loser?

Is this not being billed as a world title eliminator?

md_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 29 Oct 2014, 7:00 pm

I can't see how any decent fighter could enter the ring with Price and not think they'd got his number.

OK, he hits hard but mentally if he can recover from the Thompson fight and go on to have a successful pro career I'd be astonished.

Nice guy, wish he had it in him, but alas I side with TRUSS. It's pretty much a certainty he's shopping for drawing boards with Audley over the next few years.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Oct 2014, 7:04 pm

Fighting heart against powder puff punchers with no ambition doesn't mean a lot Chris, it only really matters when you face somebody half decent with a punch.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 29 Oct 2014, 7:15 pm

If either Fury or Chisora go past three against him they would win. Price is a 3 round fighter that looks like he lacks the heart and toughness to grind out wins.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:22 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Fighting heart against powder puff punchers with no ambition doesn't mean a lot Chris, it only really matters when you face somebody half decent with a punch.

We're comparing Fury to Price here, Hammersmith. I don't understand why giving Fury credit in that regard would sit uneasily with anyone, or why there'd be a need to try and attach some caveat to it.

He has heart and resilience. He's shown more of those things than Price has so far - not up for debate really. Ergo, when we're talking how a fight between Fury and Price might go, particularly if Price can't just blast him out early, it's a fair point in my eyes. As Adam alluded to earlier, Fury has beaten Chisora and has done better as a professional than Price has so far - and yet it's him out of that trio who gets labelled some kind of joke by a lot of people.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 30 Oct 2014, 5:22 am

He is a joke that's why, he's yet to face anybody as good as Thompson so ergo the comparison doesn't work.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 30 Oct 2014, 6:47 am

I watched Price's last couple of fights and he has been very nervous and a bit gun shy. I don't think he has gotten over the Thompson losses. On recent showings I'd see him losing to both Chisora and Fury.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Thu 30 Oct 2014, 7:13 am

Ergo bombergo stickalergo fifergo

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:18 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:He is a joke that's why, he's yet to face anybody as good as Thompson so ergo the comparison doesn't work.

That doesn't change the fact that Fury has shown more grit and durability than Price so far though, Hammersmith. He may not have faced anyone as good as Thompson yet, but that's hardly a reason to degrade him when compared to Price, seeing as Price lost convincingly to Thompson two times over.

He's beaten better guys than Price has thus far. If you don't rate Fury that highly then fair enough mayte, you're not alone on that front - but why isn't that same kind of criticism directed to Price as well in that case? If Fury's a joke, then what is Price? Maybe Price would still beat Fury if they ever got it on, but I honestly don't know how anyone could feel that it's a sure-fire thing anymore.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:46 am

I recently watched the Gloves are Off Heavyweights edition and Fury was on there saying he believes he would beat every fighter in heavyweight history. I think it's things like that as well as his press conference antics which alters peoples perceptions of Fury as a fighter and make them think he is worse in the ring than he is. I'm not saying he is a talented boxer but he is a natural fighter. No doubt he has a big heart, is fit for someone his massive size, but has a very limited skillset which I think would be greatly exposed if he was the size of a normal heavyweight.

Prediction : a revitalised Chis to stop a non-focussed/ring-rusty Fury late on.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:47 am

Was Cunnigham really that much worse than TT?

Fury got up off the deck to finish that one (albeit illegally, in my eyes).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 30 Oct 2014, 1:45 pm

Is Chis worse than Thompson? The portly version that turned up against fury probably was, but Chis beat Helenius in everyone's eyes except the judges, made vk work harder than anyone else had in some time and was competitive before getting stiffed by haye. He's mad, he's limited, but I think Chis is a better fighter than many give him credit for... It was a good win for fury regardless of his condition.

Long before az got on his chinny wumming, a few of us had highlighted reasons to not board the price hype train. He seems a nice guy, it would be good if he turns things around but it would seem highly unlikely to me.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 30 Oct 2014, 3:45 pm

Cunningham probably isn't much worse than Tony Thompson...
But 1- that's the cruiser Cunningham
and 2 - If Fury has to fight like he did vs Cunningham to win, he'll probably lose... a lot, as he had a rather kind ref ignoring his illegal work.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 3:48 pm

kingraf wrote:Cunningham probably isn't much worse than Tony Thompson...
But 1- that's the cruiser Cunningham
and 2 - If Fury has to fight like he did vs Cunningham to win, he'll probably lose... a lot, as he had a rather kind ref ignoring his illegal work.
Currently employed by the Premiership to officiate football matches, I gather.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 30 Oct 2014, 6:10 pm

If he hits Fury with anything he's gone I reckon, but Price's chin appears so poor that if he gets hit by one, he'll get hit for six himself. If Chisora gets close and starts getting at the body he could take Price also, but same as before, caught coming in and you get th efeeling he'll be toast. The longer the fights go the more you'd go against Price I guess, jury's not completely out in terms of his stamina etc. but it doesn't seem great at this point in time.

Fancy Price to take Fury out though personally. Someone who sets his shots up well and delivers with power will be well enough to take out Fury. As for talking about Fury already beating Chisora, fair enough, but Chisora couldn't throw punches for 3/4 of the fight, and for the 1/4 he did he had Fury rocking and rolling all over the place...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:00 pm

Haha Fury is terrible. Price would easily knock him out and Chisora will knock him out nest. Fury has no skills and no dedication. He hasnt fought anyone half decent in years and he is inactive. Just a loudmouth fool who will get knocked out if he ever actually decides to fight again.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 31 Oct 2014, 7:11 am

Yes, there's nothing worse than inactive loud mouth fools in heavyweight boxing.

Remind me, when is David haye, mr unlucky with Injuries... and of course the primary reason for fury's inactivity... fighting again? I guess its hard to find a date with all those Hollywood directors begging him to be their next leading man.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Fri 31 Oct 2014, 7:13 pm

Haye is beginning to p me off! No excuse for not boxing this year!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 31 Oct 2014, 10:30 pm

I think Price against Fury would be hilarious. It'd be 36 stone of falling trees. One goes down, then the other. The only question I have is what's the stronger? Price's right hand or Fury's resolve? (It's certainly not either fighter's chin). Whatever the outcome, it'd be entertaining. Then we'd have the delights of Fury's post-fight rant whether he lost or won... laughing

Chisora against Price would be a question of the first 3 or 4 rounds. If Dereck doesn't get poleaxed by Price in that time then it's his fight, probably by stoppage/retirement. But it wouldn't be half as entertaining as fighting Fury...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Sat 01 Nov 2014, 11:35 am

milkyboy wrote:Yes, there's nothing worse than inactive loud mouth fools in heavyweight boxing.

Remind me, when is David haye, mr unlucky with Injuries... and of course the primary reason for fury's inactivity... fighting again? I guess its hard to find a date with all those Hollywood directors begging him to be their next leading man.

Haye has been very unlucky with injuries. Some people are just more injury prone than others. Haye is not to blame for Fury being inactive. Injuries happen so Fury should have been prepared and could have fought someone else but he couldnt be bothered. He knew he was getting knocked out by Haye so Fury got lucky that Haye got injured because he was 100% getting knocked out. Instead he got free publicity and could have fought if he wanted to while Haye ends up injured and has to recover. Fury just wants to talk his way into fights with people like Haye and Klitschko by acting like a fool because he knows he is not good enough to earn a shot. I really hope Haye does end up fighting him and getting rid of this clown who is an embarrassment to boxing.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 01 Nov 2014, 7:01 pm

hayemaker wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Yes, there's nothing worse than inactive loud mouth fools in heavyweight boxing.

Haye has been very unlucky with injuries. Some people are just more injury prone than others. Haye is not to blame for Fury being inactive. Injuries happen so Fury should have been prepared and could have fought someone else but he couldnt be bothered. He knew he was getting knocked out by Haye so Fury got lucky that Haye got injured because he was 100% getting knocked out. Instead he got free publicity and could have fought if he wanted to while Haye ends up injured and has to recover. Fury just wants to talk his way into fights with people like Haye and Klitschko by acting like a fool because he knows he is not good enough to earn a shot. I really hope Haye does end up fighting him and getting rid of this clown who is an embarrassment to boxing.

Whilst any sane individual would agree Haye would start clear favourite to put fury down and keep him there, I think most of those sane individuals would equally argue that Fury hasn't been lucky these last couple of years with his big fights collapsing. Meanwhile Mr Haye has become the Darren Anderton of boxing. As many fighters say, you rarely go into a fight 100% fit but equally you don't blame that moment you stubbed your toe on the corner of the bed when you got in the middle of the night for a pee for a loss... as it makes you look like a kn*b! Sympathy has declined and ridicule increased for Haye ever since, he only has himself to blame.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Price v chisora or fury? Empty unsure

Post by buttermancan Sun 02 Nov 2014, 12:10 am

To be honest it's so hard to say what Price could do. I like the bloke and think he's a beast but don't think he has it in him to make it to the top. His mentality probably has a lot to do with it. He packs massive power but i wouldn't be surprised if he was stopped by both. Hope he can prove us wrong though as he seems like a top bloke.  Adam D.... It's not official but i reckon Fury lost the first fight to McDermott

buttermancan

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 02 Nov 2014, 3:07 pm

I think Price has said he would like two more fights before meeting either, with one a step up in class. I'd need to see those before giving any confident predictions.

He's got a punchers chance but, currently, you'd have to fancy anybody who gets him beyond 3.

I haven't followed his last couple of fights but I notice he went 10 rnds in his last fight. Did he make it easily or was he pedestrian after 3?

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Sun 02 Nov 2014, 6:44 pm

DuransHorse wrote:
hayemaker wrote:

Whilst any sane individual would agree Haye would start clear favourite to put fury down and keep him there, I think most of those sane individuals would equally argue that Fury hasn't been lucky these last couple of years with his big fights collapsing.  Meanwhile Mr Haye has become the Darren Anderton of boxing.  As many fighters say, you rarely go into a fight 100% fit but equally you don't blame that moment you stubbed your toe on the corner of the bed when you got in the middle of the night for a pee for a loss... as it makes you look like a kn*b! Sympathy has declined and ridicule increased for Haye ever since, he only has himself to blame.

Fury has been very lucky because if it was not for Haye getting massively unlucky with injuries the he would have got sparked out and retired. He is rubbish and if it wasnt for the fact that he talks sh1t about other boxers he would be nowhere. He has been criticising boxers like Haye and Klitschko badmouthing them publically because he wants attention and isnt good enough to get anywhere himself. What has Fury acheived to make himself think he can slag off Haye?? He goes on like he is the best boxer of all time when really he is a joke of a boxer.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 02 Nov 2014, 9:39 pm

hayemaker wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:
hayemaker wrote:

Whilst any sane individual would agree Haye would start clear favourite to put fury down and keep him there, I think most of those sane individuals would equally argue that Fury hasn't been lucky these last couple of years with his big fights collapsing.  Meanwhile Mr Haye has become the Darren Anderton of boxing.  As many fighters say, you rarely go into a fight 100% fit but equally you don't blame that moment you stubbed your toe on the corner of the bed when you got in the middle of the night for a pee for a loss... as it makes you look like a kn*b! Sympathy has declined and ridicule increased for Haye ever since, he only has himself to blame.

Fury has been very lucky because if it was not for Haye getting massively unlucky with injuries the he would have got sparked out and retired. He is rubbish and if it wasnt for the fact that he talks sh1t about other boxers he would be nowhere. He has been criticising boxers like Haye and Klitschko badmouthing them publically because he wants attention  and isnt good enough to get anywhere himself. What has Fury acheived to make himself think he can slag off Haye??He goes on like he is the best boxer of all time when really he is a joke of a boxer.

Remove the words 'haye and' from the sentence in bold and it sounds like haye before the klitschko fight... With those classy headless klitschko cut-outs. At least on that occasion he waited til after the fight to bleat about injuries. I say fight, it was more of a white flag waving exercise .

I think most of us think haye would knock out fury. I certainly do. But fury had the balls to sign to fight him. Yes, I'm sure the money helped, but you'd think that might get him some credit... But no, you just slate him for being inactive when his last two opponents have pulled out just before the fights. One of them being your dreamboy, the irony of which seems lost on you.

If fury had pulled out of the haye fight with injury, you'd have been on here, saying how unlucky fury was, wouldn't you? And that haye should have fought a late replacement.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 03 Nov 2014, 11:57 am

Fairplay to Haye..Doing us all a favor by coming back.

Doesn't have to I've heard they are filming a remake of.. A midsummer night's dream..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Mon 03 Nov 2014, 10:38 pm

milkyboy wrote:
hayemaker wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:
hayemaker wrote:

Fury has been very lucky because if it was not for Haye getting massively unlucky with injuries the he would have got sparked out and retired. He is rubbish and if it wasnt for the fact that he talks sh1t about other boxers he would be nowhere. He has been criticising boxers like Haye and Klitschko badmouthing them publically because he wants attention  and isnt good enough to get anywhere himself. What has Fury acheived to make himself think he can slag off Haye??He goes on like he is the best boxer of all time when really he is a joke of a boxer.

Remove the words 'haye and' from the sentence in bold and it sounds like haye before the klitschko fight... With those classy headless klitschko cut-outs. At least on that occasion he waited til after the fight to bleat about injuries. I say fight, it was more of a white flag waving exercise .

I think most of us think haye would knock out fury. I certainly do. But fury had the balls to sign to fight him. Yes, I'm sure the money helped, but you'd think that might get him some credit... But no, you just slate him for being inactive when his last two opponents have pulled out just before the fights. One of them being your dreamboy, the irony of which seems lost on you.

If fury had pulled out of the haye fight with injury, you'd have been on here, saying how unlucky fury was, wouldn't you? And that haye should have fought a late replacement.

Disagree. Haye calling out Klitschko was part of his strategy to build up the fight and to play mind games. Unfortunately a combination of injury, overconfidence and the wrong tactics cost him that fight. Haye was a former cruiserweight champion and the heavyweight champion. A world class fighter. What is Fury? just a loudmouth who slates better fighters, isnt bothered boxing regularly and cant get into a shape. Only a matter of time before he is exposed as the fraud he is. Haye would have exposed him completely.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 03 Nov 2014, 10:40 pm

hayemaker wrote: Unfortunately a combination of injury, overconfidence and the wrong tactics cost him that fight.

Aye, just that and Wlad being better than him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Mon 03 Nov 2014, 11:06 pm

Overconfidence and getting tactics wrong are not a valid reason for losing a fight. And as for his injury, he got in the ring knowing about his toe. If he wasn't fit then he shouldn't fight.

Did Waingro used to love David Haye? Lots of similarities here.

Marco_Marky - Stuffington

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:26 am

Similarities in the blind love certainly. Hayemaker hasn't mentioned that the klitschko's are brothers yet, so I'm guessing not.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:30 am

milkyboy wrote:Hayemaker hasn't mentioned that the klitschko's are brothers yet, so I'm guessing not.

WHAT!!??
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:32 am

Haven't you heard Chris... It's the latest big news. Rumours are circulating that the klitschko's are related... Quite possibly brothers

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Tue 04 Nov 2014, 7:39 pm

Whats wrong with being a Haye fan???

In sport sometimes better player,team,person loses. It happens. Even the best lose. Boxing unlike most sports only gives one chance. Its not like football where a top team can lose to a bottom team but they will play them twice a season for many seasons. Or in tennis where the top players play each other many times a year. Klitschko beat Haye, no argument there. But Haye gave him one of his toughest fights. Adam Booth is one of the top trainers in the world for tactics but I think him and Haye got this one wrong. After they beat Valuev I think they became overconfident and decided to use the same tactics to out box Klitschko. The gameplan wasnt right and I think Haye thought it would be easier against Klitschko than it was. But he was carrying an injury so they might have had to change tactics. Easy to say hindsight I know but the tactics would have been to go for the knockout. Klitschko has a notorious glass jaw and Haye has incredible power. Its riskier going for the knockout but that would have been the way to go. If there is a rematch I would be pretty confident Haye wins by changing his tactics and learning from his mistakes.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by 22-2 Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:05 pm

Being a Haye fan is very much like being an Arsenal fan...Frustrating and expensive...

22-2

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:07 pm

You would have thought the genius tactician Adam Booth and the world class David Haye might have had the idea at some point in the fight of actually changing tactics. Or of having a back up plan. Or throwing a punch maybe.

To paraphrase the HBO guys - Haye p1ssed his pants. An unbelievably limpd1ck display after literal years of big talk.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by .aveyard2.0 Wed 05 Nov 2014, 6:05 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:I think Price would struggle with chisora more for some reason  as he has a solid chin and could drag price into the later rounds and stop him im not sure fury could stand up to the price power

pre haye I would have agreed but he got bombed out pretty spectactularly

I speak purely as a fan of price when i hope he would smash either of these. Chisora has done wel for himself, made a career out of being a limited fighter and the crazy antics aside should be proud.

Fury on the other hand, embarasses himself every time he opens his mouth. Whilst I think he we beat chisora, has he faced a live threat yet? He seems to be beating on smaller fighters (and they manage to topple him) The best thing that happened to him was Haye's injury, I think he would have taken Fury's head clean off (and I'd wager price to do the same should his right hand get anywhere near it)
.aveyard2.0
.aveyard2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Wed 05 Nov 2014, 7:33 pm

.aveyard2.0 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:I think Price would struggle with chisora more for some reason  as he has a solid chin and could drag price into the later rounds and stop him im not sure fury could stand up to the price power

pre haye I would have agreed but he got bombed out pretty spectactularly

I speak purely as a fan of price when i hope he would smash either of these. Chisora has done wel for himself, made a career out of being a limited fighter and the crazy antics aside should be proud.

Fury on the other hand, embarasses himself every time he opens his mouth. Whilst I think he we beat chisora, has he faced a live threat yet? He seems to be beating on smaller fighters (and they manage to topple him) The best thing that happened to him was Haye's injury, I think he would have taken Fury's head clean off (and I'd wager price to do the same should his right hand get anywhere near it)

Absolutely mate. Fury has taken over from Audley Harrison as the biggest joke in boxing. In fact considering Audley was at least an Olympic champ I would say Fury is a bigger joke. Haye would have beat him so bad he would probably never box again.Price would also knock him out and so will Chisora if he turns up in good shape.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down