The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is the Hall of fame such a disgrace ???

+13
Sugar Boy Sweetie
manos de piedra
Mind the windows Tino.
coxy0001
Fists of Fury
samevans1
Michaels, Sean
BALTIMORA
captain carrantuohil
Rowley
Scottrf
HumanWindmill
TRUSSMAN66
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why is the Hall of fame such a disgrace ??? - Page 3 Empty Why is the Hall of fame such a disgrace ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 9:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Haven't they got knowledgeable Boxing people running the damn thing.....

Barry Mcguigan in......Lloyd Honeyghan not in...Excuse me but didn't he beat the p4p no 1 and future champion Maurice Blocker as well as winning the title back after he lost it!! Mcguigan beat an old man in Eusebio and albeit he beat a quality Taylor his record doesn't compare..

Daniel Zaragoza??? Yes Daniel Zaragoza in .....and the only number 1 p4p fighter not to be inducted Donald Curry out...A guy that cleaned out the welters taking Starling twice, Mccrory, Larocca and unifying the title....Zaragoza actually lost to Paul Banke...and believe me that takes some doing..

I could go on but best to let you go to the modern link on the hall of fame page to see the discrepancies..

Hall of fame is just a disgrace and should be scrapped..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Why is the Hall of fame such a disgrace ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why is the Hall of fame such a disgrace ???

Post by azania Fri 27 May 2011, 5:53 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Andros has always been on the WADA list, it was illegal to sell over the counter in 2003, which is where my confusion on the matter began

My opinion is that all sports should be under the guidance of WADA without fail. Didnt RJJ take it in 2002?

azania

Back to top Go down

Why is the Hall of fame such a disgrace ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why is the Hall of fame such a disgrace ???

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 27 May 2011, 6:02 pm

He did but even prior to 2003 it was on the prohibited list

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 27 May 2011, 6:09 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:He did but even prior to 2003 it was on the prohibited list

I didn't know that. Mark McGuire was open about his use of it in the late 1990s.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 27 May 2011, 6:11 pm

That's because Baseball doesn't implement the WADA code

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 27 May 2011, 6:16 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:That's because Baseball doesn't implement the WADA code

And neither does boxing. Both should. I support the idea that boxing should be a regulated as athletics in terms of drug use. A minimum of 2yrs ban regardless of how it got there.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 27 May 2011, 6:18 pm

Under the rules of the WBC and WBA Jones didn't do anything wrong and the IBF pretty much turned a blind eye to it

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 27 May 2011, 6:20 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Under the rules of the WBC and WBA Jones didn't do anything wrong and the IBF pretty much turned a blind eye to it

Thats the problem with boxing. Those who make the money get a free pass.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 27 May 2011, 6:22 pm

Safe to assume that Richard Hill would have been banned were it not for Jones

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 27 May 2011, 6:23 pm

It's the same for all Sport..........However over here loser pays which means if you have a good case you can kind of expect to be reimbursed and your court costs covered..

In the US you need money to take somebody to Court hence poor people get screwed...

The alphabet boys probably can't be bothered losing bucks.....

Christie and Higgins got off lightly. The organisations were worried they'd lose.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3