The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when can you see the next £16.95 fight?

+8
milkyboy
owen10ozzy
Dipper Brown
catchweight
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
Steffan
wheelchair1991
12 posters

Go down

when can you see the next £16.95 fight? Empty when can you see the next £16.95 fight?

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:50 pm

with all the negativity on this board around the ""nd November PPV card(which I share) when do you think the next PPV card will be?

I'm thinking March time as that is when Kell Brook is due back from reports

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

when can you see the next £16.95 fight? Empty Re: when can you see the next £16.95 fight?

Post by Steffan Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:57 pm

I'll take a stab in the dark with Kell Brook as well

Steffan

Back to top Go down

when can you see the next £16.95 fight? Empty Re: when can you see the next £16.95 fight?

Post by Rowley Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Think Eddie's masterplan would be to put Brook and Khan on the same bill around Feb with a vew to matching them in the summer. Given Brook has been in hospital I would not imagine he would have anyone too arduous first time out. If he can makke the Khan Brook fight he will promote it as his summer blockbuster, with the associated PPV fee. Obviously this all depends on Floyd and the encouragement he gets from Floyd.

Would also imagine a similar plan is in his mind for Quigg and Frampton. To be fair though, both of these are belting match ups. In as much as you can ever be happy with PPV these fights fit the bill.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Rowley wrote:Think Eddie's masterplan would be to put Brook and Khan on the same bill around Feb with a vew to matching them in the summer. Given Brook has been in hospital I would not imagine he would have anyone too arduous first time out. If he can makke the Khan Brook fight he will promote it as his summer blockbuster, with the associated PPV fee. Obviously this all depends on Floyd and the encouragement he gets from Floyd.

Would also imagine a similar plan is in his mind for Quigg and Frampton. To be fair though, both of these are belting match ups. In as much as you can ever be happy with PPV these fights fit the bill.

yeah but can you see Khan fighting that quick again after all he is fighting in December and he is not the most active of fighters

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Probably not to be fair. However if he does not get the call to be Floyd's May opponent I suspect Brook will start to look a lot more appealing to him. Should also add such a fight would sell without needing to put them on the same bill in advance.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Rowley wrote:Think Eddie's masterplan would be to put Brook and Khan on the same bill around Feb with a vew to matching them in the summer. Given Brook has been in hospital I would not imagine he would have anyone too arduous first time out. If he can makke the Khan Brook fight he will promote it as his summer blockbuster, with the associated PPV fee. Obviously this all depends on Floyd and the encouragement he gets from Floyd.

Laugh I remember when Starling and Honey were put on the same bill by HBO to sell their upcoming clash.......

Honey walloped Chung with an illegal low punch and won on a foul and Starling got chinned by an illegal punch after the bell and got splattered..

The best intentions..... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Eddie will hopefully find out sooner or later but hopefully sooner that people just don't want to see names.....But names tested !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:49 pm

he does seem to put a lot of store in "names" no matter who they are fighting

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:23 pm

If Bellew v Cleverly is a success then there is potential or any number of fights to be ppv.

I remember a couple of years ago when Hearns stable was growing he was asked by a lot of fans whether this would mean more ppv events due to limited amount of dates. Hearn said ppv would only exist for the biggest fights and would not impact regular scheduling. That looks like a whopper now.

To add insult to injury, he thinks plugging cards with names in uncompetitive fights and billing everything as some kind of eliminator is providing great value. Its not like he lacks the stable to put on good fights.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:49 pm

If Froch fights again or Groves DeGale 2 (provided one or both has a belt)

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:08 pm

To be fair, 3 (I think it's 3) PPV's in the last 4 years hardly makes his statement a whooper. In that time SKY have had an average of 32 'other' boxing cards on the regular channel per year...thats 120 + shows which haven't cost anything extra to the customer.

I get the fact that many feel, and I am with you, that this isn't a PPV card but people go on as if he is the only person to ever do it. At least if I choose to pay 16.95 i'll get to see plenty of fighters. There have been times in the past whereby you pay that and get 3 fights and the top billing is as crap or even worse than this; do people forget that in the UK we have been charged to see stuff such as;

- Mike Tyson beat the likes of Julius Francis and Lou Savarese.
- Ricky Hatton vs Lazcano (this on the back of a shellacking by Floyd Mayweather) which was PPV
- Amir Khan vs Oisin Fagan when trying to bounce back from his first loss.

In comparison to that Kessler vs Froch II, Groves vs Froch and even Bellew vs Clev looks favourable.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Its a total whopper. Goes against everything said. Even Froch v Groves (the first fight) was hardly ppv class.

Crap undercard for a ppv fight too.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:20 pm

Fair enough; but still doesn't address the issue which I pointed out...why is it deemed so bad that Hearn has done it...when it's something that has always occured and at times on a much more frequent basis..

Check the undercard on the above fights mentioned...were they PPV class? Were they heck! The Americans had to pay for Hopkins vs Kovalev this weekend (HBO payment not PPV but still fair chunk) and that undercard only showed two fights before the main event!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:27 pm

If Hearn had promised not to put on the worst calibre of ppv events in history, he might have an out.

What he said was that ppv would not impact regular scheduling and would be reserved only for the biggest fights (like Froch v Kessler).

Bellew v Cleverly is exactly the sort of fight that he was pledging wouldnt be affected. Instead a fight that was going to be a support act to a Kell Brook v TBA has made it to be ppv status. Supposedly to allow for a brilliant undercard eaturing every kind of pointless eliminator and mismatch you could imagine.

That is telling whoppers in my book.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:16 pm

Steffan wrote:I'll take a stab in the dark with Kell Brook as well

Is that a confession!?

If carl froch gets stabbed too, we know where to look

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Hearn seems to like the stadium fights so between now and the summer Id say there will be a lot of fillers.

Even Coyle v Campbell will only do for a Summer stadium fight it seems.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Coyle Campbell seems like a niche market for me. Both big crowd favourites in their home town and the fact they're both from the same place makes it a huge sell for people from Hull. Does that fight sell out anywhere else in the country? Would anyone not from Hull pay to watch them fight?

It's a fight I'd like to see but doesn't give me a big fight feel. I don't see it selling anywhere near Clev Bellew levels. It's selling point is the local rivalry, whereas the Clev Bellew edge appeals to the casual all over the country.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Coyle Campbell seems like a niche market for me. Both big crowd favourites in their home town and the fact they're both from the same place makes it a huge sell for people from Hull. Does that fight sell out anywhere else in the country? Would anyone not from Hull pay to watch them fight?

It's a fight I'd like to see but doesn't give me a big fight feel. I don't see it selling anywhere near Clev Bellew levels. It's selling point is the local rivalry, whereas the Clev Bellew edge appeals to the casual all over the country.

But with an undercard featuring:

Joshua vs McDermott
Quigg v A late replacement
C Smith in a eliminator for an eliminator
Jamie McDonnell v Nevhar-herda Yu (ranked number 3 by the IBF)
George Groves vs his sparring partners less talented brother

Could you really resist being Royally entertained for 16.95?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:31 pm

And if you don't like it, don't buy it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:44 pm

Its like when you go shopping and see a nice punnet of strawberries and think "yea Il 'ave some of that". "They look really tasty". "Are there any rotten ones in there?" " No there isnt, they are all really juicy". "Il pay 16.95 for that".

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Eddie loves his punets of strawberries

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Im a big fan of Eddy Hearn and I think he has totally revolutionised British boxing but I honestly dont know what he was thinking putting this on ppv. Fans will be ripped off if they pay for this because Cleverly and Bellew are not top fighters. Not by a long way. There are only two fighters in Britain that deserve to be on ppv at the moment and that is Haye and Froch. In a few more years others could join them like Groves, Brook and Joshua but Cleverly and Bellew will never be world class fighters. I think Eddy will realise his mistake and the only fights he will put on ppv next year will be Froch if he doesnt retire and Haye who I think will make a comeback and fight for the heavyweight title again.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Correction; the only british boxers worthy of being on PPV are Froch and Khan IF they are involved in big fights.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:04 pm

I think Froch only............

Khan is the best of the rest..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:34 pm

hayemaker wrote:There are only two fighters in Britain that deserve to be on ppv at the moment and that is Haye...
when can you see the next £16.95 fight? C6da8a3317d9a2924472957cae72acd46ca4f33ea49181ea269fd94de10d99dc

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:01 am

Depends on how well this fight does and goes. If it's a success with buyrates and they knock lumps out of each other then to the casual fan it might seem like a really good deal (especially with a shiny belt on the line.)

Hopefully it's a complete failure but who knows.

P.s Haye is nowhere near PPV material anymore

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:57 pm

I don't get it, most pubs will show it, just go there and watch it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down