The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AIs What Do You Expect From Here On In

+9
Bullsbok
majesticimperialman
maestegmafia
SecretFly
The Saint
whocares
Biltong
Poorfour
bedfordwelsh
13 posters

Go down

AIs What Do You Expect From Here On In Empty AIs What Do You Expect From Here On In

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 11 Nov 2014, 5:32 am

So the first round of AI games are over with a mixture of results some expected some not, so with that in mind what do fans expect from their respective teams?

Wales - Before the series I honestly thought we could come away with at least a 2 from 4 win ratio, now that may not seem acceptable to some but it would have included a win against the SH which is what we need. Now it looks like (though not a given) that it will once again be a 1 from 4 ratio and to me thats totally un-acceptable. Yes I am sure we will yet again go down in glorious defeat and be valliant losers against the All Blacks and South Africa but thats about it.

England - Do you guys expect to beat the Aussies and Boks? No disrespect to Samoa but you should beat them and I think you will beat the Aussies. Not sure about this weekend, maybe you guys will be bouyed by how close you ran the ABs and kick on, then again the Boks will surely want to get back on track after what most thought was a bit of a shock last weekend. What would you now consider a respectable retrun from the AIs. If you lose the other big 2 then like me surely a 1 from 4 wouldn't be acceptable.

Ireland - Again no offence to Georgia but a 3 from 3 return must now be a real chance? Did many expect this, were you guys surprised by Saturdays win which must surely now give the squad huge confidence going forward, if you didn't manage to beat the AUssies would 2 from 3 be acceptable?

Scotland - With NZ and Tonga to come I guess 2 from 3 must be what most are anticipating, what are you guys expecting from the ABs game this weekend. Is your squad good enough to be able to rotate, do you make wholesale changes and give fringe players a run out for last game against Tonga etc.

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

AIs What Do You Expect From Here On In Empty Re: AIs What Do You Expect From Here On In

Post by Poorfour Tue 11 Nov 2014, 6:43 am

I think it's a shame Ireland won't be playing the All Blacks.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

AIs What Do You Expect From Here On In Empty Re: AIs What Do You Expect From Here On In

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:06 am

Part 2

New Zealand - What were your expectation before the tour? Clean sweep clearly on and more than likley achievable would one loss (hopefully against Wales) really make that much difference to your preperations.

Australia - After yet another lucky last minute Wink win against us what now, do you think you guys can complete a clean sweep. Games against France are always great to watch as a neutral. Will 4 games in 4 weeks stretch your squad or is it what you now need to test the depth etc what for you, would be seen as a acceptable return.

South Africa - Was Saturdays defeat a shock to the Boks, was it the kick up the backside you maybe needed? Think this weekends games against England will be good test of where you both are, can you bounce back can England back up last weeks performance.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:11 am

Admittedly I haven't watched the England vs AB match, I was simply in to foul a mood to care about how other teams have played.

My question to those who have seen both matches, from the sounds of it England dominated territory and possession and made errors.

That is the same thing that happened to SA.

I see Marler is suggesting the English are frustrated men and are going to take it out on SA, I wonder what the Springboks are feeling like and how they are going to react.

Who will win I don't know, but I suspect you are going to see 30 frustrated men taking their S...t out on each other.

Walsh might have quite the job discerning the big legal tackles from the not so legal ones.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 11 Nov 2014, 8:45 am

Wales seem to always want to play the 3 SH giants every autumn. I know it is important for the WRU treasury but do you think if you were playing only 2 of the 3 and a 2nd tier nation in between it would be better in terms of players management hence helping Wales to achieve overall better results? Specially if players depth can be an issue and let's face it, even the RWC you are unlikely to face all 3 in a row!
think Ireland have it the right way, 2 tough games with a game against Georgia to give game time to fringe players. France always tend to play one tier 2 nation as well.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 11 Nov 2014, 9:24 am

whocares,

The 4th game is just sheer greed by the robbing bar stewards at the WRU, it shouldn't be played as not only does it bring up the endless Club v Country row it also meeans that in the past (not sure on fixtures this season) but our Regions have been going into the next round of Europe with players bollaxed from the AIs and limited time with those players.

Bil,

All in good jest etc but I hope England kick mnore of the brown stuff out of you ahead of our games in 3 weeks Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 12 Nov 2014, 3:57 pm

BF, financially I think we're reliant on that extra fixture. Would you prefer to see it played in June before heading out on tour? I would.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Nov 2014, 4:58 pm

Wales tend to improve the more games they get.  SA is well within their punch provided they don't try to run circles round SA and rather get down and dirty and, like Ireland, defend like you love it!  (Hard thing for Welsh players to enjoy, I understand Wink )  New Zealand might also get a shock if they start to feel the fatigue of their season begin to drag.
No I wouldn't say Wales are out of it yet.  I'd suggest one of those two games would be a nice boost to their confidence and very doable.

England are at home and didn't lose by much to the top team in the World.  Neither Australia nor SA will 'dominate' England at home.  So?  Who will get the little edges that might grab either game?  The home side with home support might be enough to make the English smile... a little... with two scalps out of the big three, even if they're still annoyed by missing the one they really wanted.

Ireland.  We're steadily (fingers crossed) losing the 'inconsistency' tag that had bedevilled us for the last number of years.  We're also steadily losing the 'One unbelievably intense game a year' tag.
We've become more consistent but also much more cerebral in the games we Do win.  In the past, those win games were often raw emotion and boundless energy that we usually paid for in subsequent games.  Now, we're much more methodical with energy AND emotion.  
In the past, the side would have been so fired up by the SA game that they'd have been in tears at the beginning and punching the air at the end.  But no, they almost looked meek during the anthems and were quietly enough pleased at the end.  Method more than passion is driving this team now.
So............ I think the demands are arriving whether we want them or not.  And yes, the demand for Ireland is I think that we win all games.  Georgia first and then another humdinger against Australia.  It won't be easy but I think there will be genuine disappointment now if 3 wins don't happen.

It could get nasty for Scotland at the weekend.  They're up after the Argentina game and Argentina had a good enough RC.  But I don't really think one relates to the other.  I don't think Argentina would have prepped for Scotland as much as NZ will.  Nz will expose any weaknesses their analysts come up with.  So Scotland have to be very careful, and even if they are.... NZ might pull away dramatically towards the end.
But if they catch the ABs!!!   We'll never hear the end of it Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm

Well written Fly, pretty accurate synopsis there

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:35 pm

of cause every one be it Wales, England, Ireland, or Scotland fan hope their team will win all the games they play.

With regards to England last week against New Zealand. I think it was typical England start off well in the first half, go in to the half time slightly in the lead. Come out in the second half take their foot off the gas give away silly penalties at let the game get away from them.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:00 pm

Biltong wrote:Admittedly I haven't watched the England vs AB match, I was simply in to foul a mood to care about how other teams have played.

My question to those who have seen both matches, from the sounds of it England dominated territory and possession and made errors.

That is the same thing that happened to SA.

I see Marler is suggesting the English are frustrated men and are going to take it out on SA, I wonder what the Springboks are feeling like and how they are going to react.

Who will win I don't know, but I suspect you are going to see 30 frustrated men taking their S...t out on each other.

Walsh might have quite the job discerning the big legal tackles from the not so legal ones.

Thankfully we have a SH ref clap . At least the breakdowns wont be won by who can stick them most men in there regardless of whether they stay on their feet or not
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:08 pm

One thing is certain, England will not be doing an Irish job on SA. Every year the same, we see SA pull out a huge game against England no matter what went before. The question is, is a huge game from this SA big enough to beat this England... probably.

England will beat Aus just because.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm

England will have loads of possession but not know what to do with it, SA will defend well and then do enough in the second half to win it. It'll be close and England fans will dare to dream but in the DVD it'll never be in doubt.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:51 pm

Bullsbok wrote:
Thankfully we have a SH ref clap . At least the breakdowns wont be won by who can stick them most men in there regardless of whether they stay on their feet or not

or come in from the side.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 13 Nov 2014, 6:54 am

The Saint wrote:BF, financially I think we're reliant on that extra fixture. Would you prefer to see it played in June before heading out on tour? I would.

That would be a better time if we had to do it yeah.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 13 Nov 2014, 7:56 am

majesticimperialman wrote:of cause every one be it Wales, England, Ireland, or Scotland fan hope their team will win all the games they play.

With regards to England last week against New Zealand. I think it was typical England start off well in the first half, go in to the half time slightly in the lead. Come out in the second half take their foot off the gas give away silly penalties at let the game get away from them.

I thought Secret Fly did a great job of understanding everyone else's teams too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 13 Nov 2014, 7:58 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
The Saint wrote:BF, financially I think we're reliant on that extra fixture. Would you prefer to see it played in June before heading out on tour? I would.

That would be a better time if we had to do it yeah.

You realise that that fourth international helps fund the regions, that is why they agree to the release of their players.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 14 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm

Great game in Italy.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 14 Nov 2014, 6:36 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:Great game in Italy.

Aye, Argentina should be happy with that. Tough match. Great crowd in Genova

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 14 Nov 2014, 6:46 pm

I'm worried about the Scotland game but the selection, the fact that Cotters coaching the other side makes this match 10 times more exciting, the nerves for a lot of the relative newbies must be shot. I won't be knocking Hansen but geez if we get done this match will go down as one unforgettable occasion, and that is what makes it so appealing. The AB system is really about to be put to one of its sternest- ever- of tests.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down