The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand stir the pot before the WC.

+9
Notch
Irish Londoner
HammerofThunor
Taylorman
disneychilly
fa0019
chewed_mintie
PenfroPete
GunsGerms
13 posters

Go down

New Zealand stir the pot before the WC. Empty New Zealand stir the pot before the WC.

Post by GunsGerms Fri 14 Nov 2014, 1:57 pm

In an effort to exact revenge on England for their all black change jersey for the 2011 world cup in New Zealand, New Zealand have returned the favour and unveiled an all white change jersey.

I wonder will David Cameron get involved?

All Whites:

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

New Zealand stir the pot before the WC. Empty Re: New Zealand stir the pot before the WC.

Post by PenfroPete Fri 14 Nov 2014, 1:59 pm

Old news - http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/teams/n/new-zealand-all-blacks/old-new-zealand-all-blacks-rugby-shirt-s2295.html

1994 - 1996
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

New Zealand stir the pot before the WC. Empty Re: New Zealand stir the pot before the WC.

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 14 Nov 2014, 2:00 pm

White has been our official reverse colour for as long as I can remember, bar that barbaric grey we wore in 07….

I think I am missing something though as generally NZ play in white when Scotland tour and Scotland wear alternate when NZ tour.  Looks like self-promotion from Adidas’ POV to me.  Having said that the chances of Scotland touring NZ are fairly slim these days so this is Adidas’ only chance to push the white shirt

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 14 Nov 2014, 2:00 pm

Thats not quite as white as the new one. Nice jersey though.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 14 Nov 2014, 2:01 pm

chewed_mintie wrote:White has been our official reverse colour for as long as I can remember, bar that barbaric grey we wore in 07….

I think I am missing something though as generally NZ play in white when Scotland tour and Scotland wear alternate when NZ tour.  Looks like self-promotion from Adidas’ POV to me.  Having said that the chances of Scotland touring NZ are fairly slim these days so this is Adidas’ only chance to push the white shirt

You wore grey v France in '07

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 14 Nov 2014, 2:04 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
chewed_mintie wrote:White has been our official reverse colour for as long as I can remember, bar that barbaric grey we wore in 07….

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 14 Nov 2014, 2:07 pm

Just saying its not only when you play Scotland. France too. Should have had to change jersey for the last final surely? Fance changed theirs for some reason.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 14 Nov 2014, 2:10 pm

I recall they wore white a few times.... vs. Scotland in 1990, vs. Scotland in 1995.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 14 Nov 2014, 2:17 pm

The France thing only came about because they changed their shirt to a darker shade under Nike.  Glad it’s reverted back to lighter blue now.

At WC’s, there is no ‘home team’ so teams flip a coin if there are kit clashes.  France won out in 2007, NZ in 2011

We’ve worn white v Scotland at home since the ‘waterpolo test’ in 1975 – Scotland’ first in NZ, I guess out of courtesy as Scotland have always worn white when NZ play there.

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 14 Nov 2014, 3:50 pm

Nah mate, it was silver. For f**king second best. Never again.

GunsGerms wrote:

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 14 Nov 2014, 7:45 pm

Seems anything innocuous the ABs do seems to have some hidden agenda, Watergate feel to it for some... Its an alternate jersey...the jersey is black...the alternate would be...? ummm...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 14 Nov 2014, 8:38 pm

If that's to store the pot I think they failed a bit. We don't really care what colour someone's change kit is. You'd have to be pretty childish to worry about it.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Fri 14 Nov 2014, 10:28 pm

Of course, if they'd gone for green they'd be accused of winding up the Irish, red the Welsh etc. Non-story.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 14 Nov 2014, 10:47 pm

I think there is only one person stirring the pot here and it isn't anyone from the NZRU Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 14 Nov 2014, 10:54 pm

Does anyone actually know whats in the pot?.....I sure as hell dont.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Nov 2014, 11:03 pm

I think Black should become the official colour of the highest ranked team.  So no matter where you come from, you change to Black as top side.

All Blacks change their National shirt colour to Canary Yellow Wink  

That's take the stuffin' out of 'em!  

Oh yes, they'd get to wear black for a while yet but the very day they'd have to change to bright yellow... with purple polka dots and pink shoulder pads................ is the day they'd never see black again.  They'd be too embarrassed to come out - they'd forfeit every game.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 14 Nov 2014, 11:15 pm

Now whoes strirring the pot.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedragon Fri 14 Nov 2014, 11:22 pm

If the new jersey is ' the blackest ever ' ( don't understand that idea ), is this going to be the whitest jersey ever ?

Has anyone told the AB's how muddy it will be on a wet November afternoon in Edinburgh ? Bets on that they have to change kit at half term ?

Bluedragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 14 Nov 2014, 11:29 pm

You can't get the molecular structure of a black hole into the colour white though.  Plus, the blackest ever jerseys cost so much to produce (at CERN) that they had no extra cash left for a Daz White selection.

They tried asking the Samoan Prime Minister for a contribution but he isn't answering his phone when he knows rugby players are on the other end.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 12:04 am

Blackest jeresy 'ever'. You know black absorbs energy, this is why we do pretty well, we suck the life from opponents and we'll do so even more now that we have the blackest jersey ever!!! Mwah ha ha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wi11 Sat 15 Nov 2014, 2:28 am

chewed_mintie wrote:The France thing only came about because they changed their shirt to a darker shade under Nike.  Glad it’s reverted back to lighter blue now.

At WC’s, there is no ‘home team’ so teams flip a coin if there are kit clashes.  France won out in 2007, NZ in 2011

We’ve worn white v Scotland at home since the ‘waterpolo test’ in 1975 – Scotland’ first in NZ, I guess out of courtesy as Scotland have always worn white when NZ play there.

Actually, France won the toss in 2011. They chose to wear white: 'Jo Maso said his side were happy to change as a mark of respect for “the welcome they’d received from the people of New Zealand, the faultless organisation of the tournament and the honour and pleasure of playing the 2011 Rugby World Cup final in the legendary stadium of Eden Park”.' A rather generous gesture and not one every side would have made, I think!

Wi11

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 15 Nov 2014, 9:25 am

I guess if you want to beat the All Blacks...you want history to know it. Thus you want them in Black to prove it in court - when you're actually taken to court for pretending you beat them. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down