The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creatine

+2
TRUSSMAN66
Geordie
6 posters

Go down

Creatine Empty Creatine

Post by Geordie Mon 17 Nov 2014, 9:42 am

Just interested in your views.

Have you used it and recommend...or do you encourage staying completely away from it.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Creatine Empty Re: Creatine

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Nov 2014, 4:35 pm

Don't use it..............Though I still have a cycle now and again of naughty stuff.............Always stocked up with Whey protein though.I imagine there is a decent whip of creatine in there anyway.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 17 Nov 2014, 4:53 pm

I've used it before GF. Usually a cycle during the rugby off-season to boost a couple of lifts and put some weight on. Makes me pretty bloated though which isn't a nice feeling at all. I think it's because of the extra water retention. I've seen some good improvements when using it, but have to admit I haven't done a cycle in about a year. 

Word of caution- take it on a full stomach. Used to give me a terrible stomach if I wasn't reasonably full!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Nov 2014, 5:20 pm

I second that.............Used to take the white creatine monohydrate stuff and it didn't agree with me...

Better than Prohormones though.............Stay away from those things..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 18 Nov 2014, 11:53 am

I was just looking for something to take. I have always lived on a good healthy diet (barely any supplements bar multi vitimins), but with work hours etc that hasnt quite been what it was over the last 6 months and was just thinking of a bit of a booster for a spell.

Was looking at the Dymatize Iso - 100. Gets very good reviews and has an excellent profile. Just as a good protein hit in the morning.

Is it worth it?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:18 am

I've never used that one GF, so can't really recommend or deter you from it. 

If you're wondering whether it is worth trying a creatine cycle, I'd say yes. 

You've got some strong lifts without ever taking it, and it's worth seeing what impact it might have. Everybody reacts differently to certain supplements, so there might not be any change at all! Definitely worth a shot in my opinion, even if the only thing you get out of it is severe dehydration and a sudden need for dioralyte!   Wink

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 19 Nov 2014, 1:39 pm

Laugh Thanks Eddie.

Ill probably give it a shot for a bit.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 13 Dec 2014, 7:59 pm

Don't use supplements other than protein after a workout. They are mostly garbage and will do nothing but make you poor. Some pre workouts are ok for focus I guess.

Only stuff that will change your physique other than hard work is illegal drugs. Supplement companies are just robbing youngsters and using fake naturals or even worse, hulking pro bodybuilders to push their products.

Good old vitiman T is what gives you 20 inch arms, unfortunately creatine will just make you a bit poorer.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 6:51 pm

Creatine are not steroids , the chemical formula of steroids and cholesterol are more or less the same, where Creatine does not posses such formula.

Creatine is very useful in pushing your body to limits, its is not going to give you any kind of performance boost like steroids does but it does help a lot and it is naturally produced by the body, so if intended to use , please do not exceed more than 5 mg unless prescribed by the doctor.

I have used Creatine and its very useful addon as my pre-workout, use it in a small loop, say like use it for 3 months take a break and then use it again like after 5-6 months for a small duration again.

Note: You need to drink excess water if you are going to use creatine, if your normal intake is 2 liter of water, you should increase to at the least 3 to 3.5 liters of water and you would be peeing a lot.

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 5:39 pm

I used it last year and my garden fence looks lovely!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored.. Sun 25 Jan 2015, 11:15 pm

Creatine is the cheapest and most effective sports supplement on the market currently. The research suggests that an athlete should take 3-5g of creatine daily. There have been studies produced to show creatine can boost the amount of repetitions you can do in the gym and boost energy levels in day to day life.

The simple physiology behind this is creatine phosphate combines with adenosine diphosphate (ADP) to create the three phosphate molecule adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is a molecule created by respiration which supplies us with energy. Obviously this explanation is very simplistic but it'll give you an idea.

There's misconceptions around creatine that it's not natural - it's produced in the body and found in meat and it can give you kidney damage - only if you are not consuming water.

I would fully recommend creatine as I have seen some good results in and out of the gym with it. Obviously if it upsets your stomach or whatever don't take it but it is safe and effectie

Bored..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum