The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic L/W match up...your thoughts?

+2
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
6 posters

Go down

Classic L/W match up...your thoughts? Empty Classic L/W match up...your thoughts?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:46 am

I have been mulling this one over for the last few weeks now. Just never had the time to make a thread.

Roberto Duran v Shane Mosley at L/W.

Duran is cited as one of if not thee best L/W ever but I don't think this helps him. At L/W Duran would swarm over his opponents but I see Shane being a little too cute for him. Shane was something else at L/W and could ko anyone. Its a frustrating night for wild man Duran before he gets caught. Hurt he falls down but gets back up dazed and Mosley finishes the fight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Classic L/W match up...your thoughts? Empty Re: Classic L/W match up...your thoughts?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:23 am

Duran has never lost a fight in his life oNETWO so I'll pick him.....

As long as he isn't out partying like he was before Leonard, Dejesus, Laing, Sims and Benitez...

As long as he doesn't slip and hurt himself like he did against Hearns....

Yep Duran for me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Classic L/W match up...your thoughts? Empty Re: Classic L/W match up...your thoughts?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:30 am

Cheers TRUSS but stylewise I see Mosley taking this.

DAVE if you continue to abuse me and throw fictitious accusations at me I will be FORCED TO REPORT YOU.

Lets talk boxing its why we are here.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:58 am

My views haven't changed much since the ones I expressed about fourteen hours ago when Dave put the question to us all first! Mosley to give Duran a great fight but Duran to take control as the fight progresses and put a lot of hurt on Mosley in the championship rounds without stopping him.

I don't really think Mosley is the cuter fighter here at all. Shane was all about instinct, confidence and accentuating his physical gifts - he never had great defence and was never really much of a thinking fighter in my opinion. Duran's not as fast as Mosley, but defensively he's a hell of a lot slicker and he's got better ring IQ as well. Also just as strong and very durable, too, with great tenacity. As I said last night, can't see any way they don't end up having a close-up brawl and it's hard to look past Duran in that case.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:01 am

Ko magazine had barkley 116-113 over Duran....................The ring had him winning and Boxing illustrated too.........

Ko magazine had Leonard 118-111 over Hagler...............

One was a rip off and the other a great victory............

Fanboy-itis....

"Hearns was 6ft 1, Truss!!"...So was Barkley !!!!............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:05 am

Eh? You've lost me, beefster.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:06 am

88Chris05 wrote:My views haven't changed much since the ones I expressed about fourteen hours ago when Dave put the question to us all first! Mosley to give Duran a great fight but Duran to take control as the fight progresses and put a lot of hurt on Mosley in the championship rounds without stopping him.

I don't really think Mosley is the cuter fighter here at all. Shane was all about instinct, confidence and accentuating his physical gifts - he never had great defence and was never really much of a thinking fighter in my opinion. Duran's not as fast as Mosley, but defensively he's a hell of a lot slicker and he's got better ring IQ as well. Also just as strong and very durable, too, with great tenacity. As I said last night, can't see any way they don't end up having a close-up brawl and it's hard to look past Duran in that case.

Incitful remark.

For clarification I did not know DAVE asked this question before I wrote this thread. A thread I have been thinking about writing as part of my fantasy fight threads that any of you can look back in the last couple of months and see that I have been consistantly posting fantasy fight threads. So just because someone mentions 2 fighters in the same sentance how am I guilty of plagerism???????????

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:07 am

Would Duran be allowed the same access to BALCO?

Mosley is a drug cheat and it's difficult to determine when (if) he was on the level (if ever) - which makes this type of thing a bit redundant.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:10 am

hazharrison wrote:Would Duran be allowed the same access to BALCO?

Mosley is a drug cheat and it's difficult to determine when (if) he was on the level (if ever) - which makes this type of thing a bit redundant.

He was caught for 1 fight against ODLH.

He was not a serial user.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 27 Nov 2014, 11:20 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Would Duran be allowed the same access to BALCO?

He was caught for 1 fight against ODLH.

He was not a serial user.

He wasn't ever caught. How do you know it was one fight? You don't. No-one does other than Mosley and those around him.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 27 Nov 2014, 12:08 pm

I pick Duran. Fearless offensive fighter with an underrated defence. If he can get a win vs Sugar Ray at Welter, he can beat Shane at lightweight.

Hearns Did Roll Duran like a drunk (just for you Truss) and Leonard made him quit in the rematch but both these guys are superior to Shane and as mentioned, beat Duran at welterweight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Nov 2014, 12:37 pm

I would make Mosley the better puncher, he took out Vargas with 1 punch, beat Margarito down who was considered to have an iron jaw, knocked out Antonio Diaz whom had a decent chin, brutalized Adrian Stone.

Both have great chins, Mosley is the quicker though.

I would give Shane a great chance to win myself, Shane is a better athlete and is more gifted physically imo, he is tough, he can hit, he has good stamina, he is a good body puncher and he likes to have a tear up.

Duran would be in for a fight at the very least.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 27 Nov 2014, 6:12 pm

If you put Duran in with Margarito I would expect him to also beat him down conclusively and Vargas had taken a lot of punishment in his career and safe to say his chin had been cracked by that point. Duran did however only get knockout victories of note above lightweight against Cuevas and Moore neither of whom we could say were from the top drawer or possessing top chins.

On a head to head basis I think Duran is a little bit too cute defensively to lose, neither is going to get knocked out that's for sure. Duran was more systematic with his punch output and could work the body as well as anybody, as has been mentioned if he can outbrawl Leonard then he would make easier work of Mosley, albeit taking some punishment himself.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down