The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England pack's ability ball in hand

+27
belovedfrosties
DaveM
niwatts
Cumbrian
beshocked
sad_gimp
ChequeredJersey
fa0019
jelly
funnyExiledScot
king_carlos
Taylorman
Sgt_Pooly
Comfort
thomh
Poorfour
robbo277
bluestonevedder
HammerofThunor
LondonTiger
lostinwales
yappysnap
No 7&1/2
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Cyril
nathan
Geordie
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

England pack's ability ball in hand - Page 3 Empty England pack's ability ball in hand

Post by Geordie Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Englands pack were pretty good this AI. Set pieces were very impressive, defence good etc and we even seemed to get the maul working again.

But there's one area that still concerns me and that's their ability with the ball. I just don't feel we are as affective in the pack when we have the ball either through hard yards or looking for gaps at pace.

What's your thoughts?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

England pack's ability ball in hand - Page 3 Empty Re: England pack's ability ball in hand

Post by Geordie Tue 30 Dec 2014, 5:53 pm

Whilst I am a massive fan.....I will be utterly amazed if we have regular access to Corbs again...I just have no faith what so ever that he will stay injury free.

In a lesser way I am concerned with the amount of time Manu is out injured also.

Marler has done a great job. And should not just lose his spot because Corbs is back.
Let the form decide.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

England pack's ability ball in hand - Page 3 Empty Re: England pack's ability ball in hand

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 31 Dec 2014, 9:33 am

Agreed, and same with Wilson/Cole/Brookes and Webber/Harley/Youngs. Lancaster should just select on form.

He has a great group of front row options to choose from, at least 3 good options in each position, and all now have international experience under him (in fact Mako and Youngs, probably 3rd choice (at best) in their respective positions, are both capped Lions - remarkable!).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 01 Jan 2015, 5:32 pm

While we worry about their handling, these two tries prove that our forwards can come up with the goods at times. It's just not all the time

https://youtu.be/USiQRnAsUUQ

https://youtu.be/P7zpK9OlulQ

That first try in particular was a beauty

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 02 Jan 2015, 3:27 am

Frankly our attacking was actually decent, as was handling, last 6N. It's hard to pinpoint why exactly it has dropped back to usual levels
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 02 Jan 2015, 3:29 am

We both know that Robshaw along with other forwards has exceptional handling and passing skills, it's why for England that this aspect has gone missing that is frustrating
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3