The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was your favourite game this autumn

+14
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
Taylorman
TJ
offload
rodders
SecretFly
LondonTiger
George Carlin
HammerofThunor
BigTrevsbigmac
Notch
Cyril
maestegmafia
18 posters

Go down

What was your favourite game this autumn Empty What was your favourite game this autumn

Post by maestegmafia Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:58 pm

From today's Telegraph

Ireland's 26-23 win against Australia was The Telegraph readers' choice, earning 38% of their Sunday Telegraph readers vote.

Ireland 29-15 South Africa (25%)

Wales 16-34 New Zealand (21%)

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

What was your favourite game this autumn Empty Re: What was your favourite game this autumn

Post by Cyril Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:10 am

France vs Aus for me. Two sides playing rugby.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

What was your favourite game this autumn Empty Re: What was your favourite game this autumn

Post by Notch Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:58 am

Both Ireland vs Australia and France vs Australia were great games, I'm bonn have to be biased and say the first one.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Thu 04 Dec 2014, 6:47 am

Because Australia have superb running backs & play with ball in hand contrary to most other teams (& maybe also Folau is a poor kicker)

They are always good to watch in that respect. Their fight back against both Ireland & Wales was excellent viewing.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 04 Dec 2014, 7:54 am

Ireland v Australia, didn't see the French game.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:28 am

France v Australia.

By all accounts, Hong Kong v Russia (final score: 29-37) on 15 November was a damn fine game.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:56 am

Ireland v Australia and England V Australia - both games featured contrasting styles from the two teams involved.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Dec 2014, 11:35 am

Ireland v Australia. Rampant first half - chess play second - Australia playing surpisingly physical stuff as they tried to take back what they felt was theirs (3rd slot in rankings) - they'd pretend that doesn't hurt - it does.

And of course an 8000 euro door pulled from its hinges and eaten by Cheika to add even more colour. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 04 Dec 2014, 1:34 pm

Ireland v SA....yes that's right, I said SA - I was at a wedding during the Australia game, so when I finally watched it back I knew the result - it also was a bit of a let down for me as Donal Lenihan said it was the greatest game in the pro era... which it probably wasn't....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 04 Dec 2014, 2:00 pm

The bell goes for round 1 and the underdog lands the first punch, throughout the fight he creeps ahead on points and at one stage the champ is on the deck. Crowd shuffles nervously expecting an upset. Final round - the champ smells the salts, two to the body, one straight jab and a fierce uppercut. Crowd silenced, normal business is resumed.....

Wales v New Zealand
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 04 Dec 2014, 6:54 pm

For me Scotland Argentina - cos we saw a Scotland team finally looking like it could reach its potential, scoring tries and beating a good argentine team but by outscoring them with tries - not defending like mad and scoring few pens.

For the neutral Ireland / Aus was probably the best game

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 05 Dec 2014, 1:02 am

offload wrote:The bell goes for round 1 and the underdog lands the first punch, throughout the fight he creeps ahead on points and at one stage the champ is on the deck.  Crowd shuffles nervously expecting an upset.  Final round - the champ smells the salts, two to the body, one straight jab and a fierce uppercut.  Crowd silenced, normal business is resumed.....

Wales v New Zealand

Laugh

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:22 am

TJ wrote:For me Scotland Argentina - cos we saw a Scotland team finally looking like it could reach its potential, scoring tries and beating a good argentine team but by outscoring them with tries - not defending like mad and scoring few pens.

For the neutral Ireland / Aus was probably the best game

Hmmmm.... that's how we had to finally do it against Australia. Whistle Don't knock defending like mad till you need to try it out to stay in a game Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 05 Dec 2014, 3:38 pm

What the Wales v Fiji game didn't figure? Some people I don't know Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 05 Dec 2014, 3:58 pm

Wales vs Aus was pretty entertaining. Admittedly I've only watch recording or highlights of everyone else's matches. The trend is that Australia are involved in everybody's favourite. Good old Wallabies, still hope for rugby down under yet!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 05 Dec 2014, 4:11 pm

offload wrote:The bell goes for round 1 and the underdog lands the first punch, throughout the fight he creeps ahead on points and at one stage the champ is on the deck.  Crowd shuffles nervously expecting an upset.  Final round - the champ smells the salts, two to the body, one straight jab and a fierce uppercut.  Crowd silenced, normal business is resumed.....

Wales v New Zealand

I recognise that fight, mid 70s, Ali -v- Foreman, it was called Rumble in the Jungle the fight in Zaire, and we all know the name given to strategy that Ali employed.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Fri 05 Dec 2014, 4:11 pm

The Saint wrote:Wales vs Aus was pretty entertaining. Admittedly I've only watch recording or highlights of everyone else's matches. The trend is that Australia are involved in everybody's favourite. Good old Wallabies, still hope for rugby down under yet!

Yep even in defeat the Wallabies put on a show
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 05 Dec 2014, 4:46 pm

For me it has to be the Wales v All blacks.

Wales was so close to winning that game.. and then New Zealand shown why they are World Champions. the Number 1 team.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 05 Dec 2014, 5:26 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:

Wales v New Zealand

I recognise that fight, mid 70s, Ali -v- Foreman, it was called Rumble in the Jungle the fight in Zaire, and we all know the name given to strategy that Ali employed.

Gatlandball wasn't it?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:06 pm

The Saint wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

Wales v New Zealand

Gatlandball wasn't it?

No, this was way before Gatlandball.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:21 pm

London Welsh-Saints

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:31 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
London Welsh-Saints

Be gone to the club section you.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:32 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
London Welsh-Saints

If I had feelings, I bet they would be hurt..............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:35 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
London Welsh-Saints

Im sorry Doc, I must amend my ways, someone last week said that I was aggressive.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:41 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
London Welsh-Saints

Im sorry Doc, I must amend my ways, someone last week  said that I was aggressive.
Ah hell, mate. Don't apologise.
I mentioned I don't really have feelings so nothing to hurt. My wife had them removed years ago.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:36 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Ah hell, mate.  Don't apologise.  
I mentioned I don't really have feelings so nothing to hurt.  My wife had them removed years ago.

that was your Love sacks.

Ah no, same thing

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 06 Dec 2014, 11:01 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
I mentioned I don't really have feelings so nothing to hurt.  My wife had them removed years ago.

Ah no, same thing
Now I know why I am so quiet and docile these days..........

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 06 Dec 2014, 11:22 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:

Ah no, same thing
Now I know why I am so quiet and docile these days..........

on the bright side doc be lucky you're not a dog then...they'd put you down for all that moping around! Hug

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down