The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add the biggest feather to your cap

4 posters

Go down

Beating what player will add the biggest feather to your cap?

How to add the biggest feather to your cap Vote_lcap63%How to add the biggest feather to your cap Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
How to add the biggest feather to your cap Vote_lcap25%How to add the biggest feather to your cap Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
How to add the biggest feather to your cap Vote_lcap0%How to add the biggest feather to your cap Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How to add the biggest feather to your cap Vote_lcap12%How to add the biggest feather to your cap Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

How to add the biggest feather to your cap Empty How to add the biggest feather to your cap

Post by hawkeye Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:33 pm

It's always a big achievement to beat one of the best players but who is the best player to beat to achieve the most impressive headdress? What player is the best to beat to add the biggest feather to your cap?

My vote goes to Nadal. A victory against him appears to be the one that is celebrated the most with the victor granted close to hero status. The latest evidence being Nick Kyrigios being awarded Australias top tennis honor the Newcombe Medal.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/11/48/Kyrgios-Newcombe-Medal.aspx

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

How to add the biggest feather to your cap Empty Re: How to add the biggest feather to your cap

Post by Jahu Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:33 am

A rookie beating any top 4 is an achievement of the rookie. No logic voting the looser.

So Nadal gets beaten by a rookie, and then you vote for Nadal as the best to be beaten by a rookie? So Nadal is getting some praise from you for loosing to Kyrgios?

Djoko/Fed did not get beaten by a rookie this year, so they can not be on the list.

I'm getting bored of these self-pleasure propelled Nadal threads, where the OP insists to extract positive view/explanation from other posters about Nadal, and while some do oblige being courteous and respond, it's not enough as the OP keeps on wanting to extract some more, to feel better before they go to sleep while squeezing the pillow hard between their legs Laugh

Give it a rest, someone please hit us with some decent Threads, not these erotic ones.

(I expect now a: Don't read/comment on threads you don't like, so don't bother, I will still do it  laughing )
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

How to add the biggest feather to your cap Empty Re: How to add the biggest feather to your cap

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:19 am

Nadal on clay is still obviously THE biggest scalp in tennis.

If we're just talking a name, then right now Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, in that order.

Nadal on grass is no longer such a huge scalp, sorry HE. In the last few years he's been beaten by Kyrgios, Brown, Darcis, Rosol and Kohlschreiber.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Fri 05 Dec 2014, 2:28 pm

On hard court they are all about equal I would have said. If any of them were to go out in R1 of Oz then it would create huge media coverage. On grass clearly Rafa losing is much less of a big deal and conversely an early loss for him at RG would be seismic.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 05 Dec 2014, 5:51 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:

If we're just talking a name, then right now Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, in that order.

Nadal on grass is no longer such a huge scalp, sorry HE. In the last few years he's been beaten by Kyrgios, Brown, Darcis, Rosol and Kohlschreiber.

I don't think beating any top player in a warm up grass tournament prior to Wimbledon will earn a big feather in the cap for any player. They usually play them just to get a few matches on a new surface and Nadal will always a bit tired emotionally and physically after winning RG where he has the most pressure. But Nadal has had three awful years at Wimbledon and it should be less of a shock when he loses there. But judging by the reaction to Kyrigios beating him this year this is not the case. Excitement about this particular win was way over the top. Kyrigios on the back of this win got  to dine out on it for the rest of the year. The reality was he didn't play for most of the rest of the year citing exhaustion (probably from all the excitement?). If you check my link in the article he was awarded Australia's top tennis honor with his win against Nadal being the biggest reason. This didn't go without criticism from other perhaps more deserving Australian players.

Kyrigios is not the only player to have made a name for themselves by beating Nadal as I can think of a few. I'm sure I don't even have to list them because they are well known  Wink but the biggest was of course Soderling. I'm struggling to think of any player that has made a name for themselves by beating Djokovic? Maybe Canas for Federer? But that is virtually pre-history. Even this year Nishikori beat both Djokovic and Federer but I've seen more written about his close match with Nadal. But that could be because it was on clay

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 5:56 pm

Maybe because Djokovic and Federer don't slip up against rookies? Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 05 Dec 2014, 6:01 pm

sportslover wrote:--Removed by mods--

:roll:Moderators please check this posters comment history. Most of their comments consist of insults aimed at me and attempts to de rail discussion. It's pathetic!

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 05 Dec 2014, 6:04 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Maybe because Djokovic and Federer don't slip up against rookies? Whistle

Soderling was no rookie and talking of this year neither is Nishikori. Nishikori didn't even get a win but he still got a feather in his cap for a nearly win.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down