The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

matches outside the IRB[World RB] window

+4
kingraf
Biltong
bedfordwelsh
emack2
8 posters

Go down

matches outside the IRB[World RB] window Empty matches outside the IRB[World RB] window

Post by emack2 Sun 07 Dec 2014, 4:51 pm

With the constant flow of injuries and the need for player welfare what is the
situation in the above case,how is the cash decided?

With Clubs Toulon?exercising there rights to players first in above case also
that teams.That played most matches this year seemed to regress.

is that extra AI`s match worth it? especially for SH sides the extra game was
lost by NZ 2012 and Sa 2014,

emack2

Back to top Go down

matches outside the IRB[World RB] window Empty Re: matches outside the IRB[World RB] window

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 07 Dec 2014, 5:04 pm

Well the WRU will say its worth it but I don't think it is especially when you consider the MS wasn't even sold out last week. It also means that teams are potentially going into this round of European matches with little access to their International players.

Do they then risk losing this first game by not picking these players or risk player welface by picking players who have just had 4 International games on the bounce (Samson Lee for eg).
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

matches outside the IRB[World RB] window Empty Re: matches outside the IRB[World RB] window

Post by Biltong Sun 07 Dec 2014, 6:10 pm

SARU received a measely 750 000 Euro's for their match at Millenium stadium
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 07 Dec 2014, 6:12 pm

Jeez... Saru made about $50 million (gross) two or so years ago. Getting 2% of that for an extra weeks work is decent going, no? It's worth a CEO's car, a few junior contracts, the end of the year function, and maybe some development work.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 07 Dec 2014, 6:36 pm

SARU makes around 80 million dollars year (2013)
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 07 Dec 2014, 6:42 pm

Biltong wrote:SARU received a measely 750 000 Euro's for their match at Millenium stadium

I say thats a lot R10 million is a nice amount of junior contracts like Raf said. Heck a starting Bok could be kept in the Republik for that amount instead of going overseas. So we lost the game , no matter the only thing we really lost was pride
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sun 07 Dec 2014, 11:04 pm

Biltong wrote:SARU makes around 80 million dollars  year (2013)

Just for interests sake. Does that have to cover the super 15, vodacom cup (or what ever the curry cup is called these days) and sevens costs as well.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 08 Dec 2014, 12:17 am

Yes.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 08 Dec 2014, 4:44 am

It is clearly all for the money to fund the sport.  The more matches, the more money.  The large number of matches is bad for our players.  I am sure this is why Australia played so many internationals as they really need the money.  

I believe the NH plyers have been playing more matches than the SH counterparts for quite a while.  But now, with the added matches in Super Rugby, the SH is catching up.  And more November internationals is also adding to the burden.

Unfortunately, the extra matches will burn out the players, which is bad for the long term health of the sport.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:16 am

doctor_grey wrote:It is clearly all for the money to fund the sport.  The more matches, the more money.  The large number of matches is bad for our players.  I am sure this is why Australia played so many internationals as they really need the money.  

I believe the NH plyers have been playing more matches than the SH counterparts for quite a while.  But now, with the added matches in Super Rugby, the SH is catching up.  And more November internationals is also adding to the burden.

Unfortunately, the extra matches will burn out the players, which is bad for the long term health of the sport.

Oranges and Lemons. I think they're about comparable. Both about the same duration. Given the distances involved the SH players will never play the same number of games as their northern counterparts. They will however spend more time traveling and more time away from home.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:59 am

"I am sure this is why Australia played so many internationals as they really need the money."

Absolutely. The bugger of rugby in Oz is we are prostituting ourselves already to keep the talent we can get hold of, but we are starting to lose even our younger blokes. The Tahs picked a guy out of club rugby last year. He went well and played in the SR final. Now he's in France. It's frustrating but I guess nothing other nations haven't felt for years.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down