The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Milner under rated

+4
Stella
Dolphin Ziggler
kwinigolfer
Mehrts is god
8 posters

Go down

James Milner under rated  Empty James Milner under rated

Post by Mehrts is god Thu 11 Dec 2014, 2:52 am

Every time I see James Milner play,either for City or England,both teams appear to be more balanced and good to watch.Lampard would do well to try and match Milners work ethic etc instead of being a cockney yob.

Mehrts is god

Back to top Go down

James Milner under rated  Empty Re: James Milner under rated

Post by Guest Thu 11 Dec 2014, 10:09 am

Don't think people under rate Milner, they understand what he is, in that he's just a good honest player, with a great engine & work rate. He brings discipline to a side & solidifies a midfield, not sure why you are comparing him to Lampard, seeing as they are completely different players.

Also, what are you on about Lampard needing to match Milner's work rate? Lampard was working pretty hard over the last decade as a box to box midfield, while scoring over 175 premier league goals.

Doh  picard

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 11 Dec 2014, 10:53 am

"Cockney yob"?
I thought young Frankie went to public school.

Two fine footballers, but your venom towards Lampard suggests New Zealand is getting washed further away from reality.

It's possible that Milner will have wasted too many years sitting on a Manchester bench for his true calibre ever to be appreciated, but Lampard's record speaks for itself.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Dec 2014, 3:03 pm

I mean, I hate fatty, but hes no cockney yob. He studied latin!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 11 Dec 2014, 4:40 pm

I'm no fan either, but Lampard is, or certainly was as hard working as they come, when it comes to applying himself. Milner's decent. I'd have him over Navas.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 11 Dec 2014, 4:58 pm

Lampard just doesn't have the legs anymore. That's why he was let go by Chelsea. He was a sensationally hard working player in his prime, seems harsh to criticise him for just being old.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Thu 11 Dec 2014, 7:02 pm

Idon't think Milner is under-rated...he's not an overly convincing player, but he does some sort of job..i suppose..

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Sat 03 Jan 2015, 12:05 am

Surprised Marky hasn't expressed his love for Milner.

He is underrated for a reason because there's not much to rate about him. A solid, hard working player who puts in a shift, typical British player. That is the minimum I'd expect from a Pro Footballer. Players like Milner won't win you the title, we need to move away from promoting these type of players.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jan 2015, 12:23 am

Koba wrote:Surprised Marky hasn't expressed his love for Milner.

He is underrated for a reason because there's not much to rate about him. A solid, hard working player who puts in a shift, typical British player. That is the minimum I'd expect from a Pro Footballer.  Players like Milner won't win you the title, we need to move away from promoting these type of players.

Couldn't be more wrong. Winning a title isn't about just Aguero, Silva or Toure. They can't win matches on their own & they don't produce every game. Along the way, during a long difficult season, when your scrapping for a 1-0 win in a tight game, players like Milner are invaluable for the work they do offensively & defensively in plugging the gaps & grinding a result out. Your star players get the recognition, however without the workhorses playing their part, it's all for nothing.

Not sure we want to not promote this type of player. The lad isn't the best technically & doesn't shine, but he's one of the best, most honest, hard working professionals in this country & that should be recognised, not disregarded.

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Sat 03 Jan 2015, 12:27 am

John wrote:
Koba wrote:Surprised Marky hasn't expressed his love for Milner.

He is underrated for a reason because there's not much to rate about him. A solid, hard working player who puts in a shift, typical British player. That is the minimum I'd expect from a Pro Footballer.  Players like Milner won't win you the title, we need to move away from promoting these type of players.

Couldn't be more wrong. Winning a title isn't about just Aguero, Silva or Toure. They can't win matches on their own & they don't produce every game. Along the way, during a long difficult season, when your scrapping for a 1-0 win in a tight game, players like Milner are invaluable for the work they do offensively & defensively in plugging the gaps & grinding a result out. Your star players get the recognition, however without the workhorses playing their part, it's all for nothing.

Not sure we want to not promote this type of player. The lad isn't the best technically & doesn't shine, but he's one of the best, most honest, hard working professionals in this country & that should be recognised, not disregarded.

Of course the Milners makes contribution and you need them in a squad we had Park Ji Sung. But it is the Agueros, Toures and Silvas that win you the majority of games because running all day and being an honest player won't produce Ronaldos and Messis.

FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 05 Jan 2015, 7:11 pm

So is he still under rated or was he Johnny on the spot in light of his two goals yesterday?

My two cents: he always puts a shift in wherever he is required and is probably the role model for those who aren't blessed with the skills of a Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero etc., etc. However, he's not the kind of guy that would inspire you too much coming on as a sub for England when goals are needed.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 05 Jan 2015, 7:13 pm

Reminds me of Dirk Kuyt. Every team needs a Kuyt/Milner.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down