The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

02 tickets and seating.

+4
catchweight
mobilemaster8
Derbymanc
Tea_is_for_mugs
8 posters

Go down

02 tickets and seating.  Empty 02 tickets and seating.

Post by Tea_is_for_mugs Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 17:37

I have never been to the 02 for boxing and am considering going to the Joshua vs Johnson, but am unsure of the experience I will get from the cheap £40 seats. Can anyone give me a idea of the view if you have been in one of these seats and a fellow for the atmosphere in the 02.

Thank you for any insight you can offer.

Tea_is_for_mugs

Back to top Go down

02 tickets and seating.  Empty Re: 02 tickets and seating.

Post by Derbymanc Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 18:01

I would say for the cheap seats your really going for the experience not the view. If you decide to go, enjoy it and have a good time.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 19:38

I don't know. I went to Khan vs Barrera and also Froch vs Bute.....paid £75 for the Froch fight and about £50 for the Khan.

Different arenas of course but the seats were absolutely perfect.

It really is luck of the draw but within an arena at boxing I find your never "too" far away like you would be at a stadium for example.

Never been to the o2 so can't comment on that but I'd hazard a guess the "cheap" seats would indicate somewhere on the higher tier....which was where I was for Khan....and it was a brill view.

Close enough to see the fighters, hear the punches, and not have to struggle

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 19:57

Could be a stinker regardless of wherever you sit. Johnson likes to stink the house down.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 20:31

You won't get a bad seat in the O2 mate. Its a bowl with the ring in the middle and it's quite steep so your view is pretty good even in the cheaper seats. I went to Froch Kessler and off the top of my head it was £40-50 range, so not the most expensive but still a great view. My favourite arena.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 21:06

Although getting out is a NIGHTMARE! There's only one bus that goes to Central London (russell sq.) and everyone and their grandma will be trying to get on it!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 21:11

Views from the VIP boxes are great. Simplest thing to do is pay for a cab and stop being a cheapskate! Smile

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 21:16

I ended up getting any old bus out of there, just to get out of the heaving mass of humanity and then a cab back into London. Well, as far as the cabbie was willing to go as London taxi drivers seem to think they're doing you a favour giving you a lift rather than providing a service they get paid for.

Bloody cockneys take the urine.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 21:28

Watched Froch vs. Kessler in relatively cheap seats. Was very difficult to see much due to the height (unlike the MEN arena). Would say if you're going for the view, then pay a bit more.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 11:09

I went to the UFC at the 02 a few years ago with some friends (a birthday outing for a fellow who happened to be an MMA fighter / enthusiast, absolutely not my decision!)

Anyway, we were pretty far back and the view was not great. Obviously it didn't help that a lot of the contests were fought on the deck and involved grappling and BJJ about which I was, and still am, totally ignorant.

It was still good fun though and they had large screens to watch the action from for those with slightly less accommodating vantage points.

My advice would be that; if there is a few of you then it may still prove to be an engaging and enjoyable evening regardless of platform. But, if you are purchasing the cheapest seats in the house, then don't expect too much.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down