The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you

+7
Strongback
Atila
mobilemaster8
88Chris05
hampo17
Seanusarrilius
spencerclarke
11 posters

Go down

Thank you Empty Thank you

Post by spencerclarke Tue 30 Dec 2014, 12:30 pm

Afternoon all,

As the year is coming to a close I thought I would take the opportunity to say a few thank yous to all that have contributed to make the forum what it is over the year.

First a big thank you to Adam for running the board in general and his easing up on the rules in recent months.

To Paul, Chris, Damien and Owen, thanks for all the hard work on the podcast and magazine. I know it must be a pain to organise but I hope you guys get the time to bring back in the New Year. Some of the guest have been excellent and presenting skills were improving all the time.

Cheers to the mods and admins as your task is difficult keeping us all in order as much as you do.

I'll be forgetting a lot of people that have writen articles or questions and answers to boxers but thank you for all that too guys.

And finally to contributors to the site. Some may be a pain at times but all in all we get a lot of interesting stuff and I'm sure I'll be among many that learn a lot about the sport they love.

Happy New Year guys and I look forward to learning more along the way.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Thank you Empty Re: Thank you

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 30 Dec 2014, 1:28 pm

Happy New Year to you too, Spencer!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 30 Dec 2014, 1:30 pm

Thanks Spencer, hope you had a good Christmas?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 30 Dec 2014, 1:37 pm

Cheers Spencer, hope you had a good Christmas and 2015 is a very Happy New Year for you as well, mate. Looking forward to more debate for then.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 30 Dec 2014, 4:52 pm

Happy new year mate. I've moved house over the Xmas period.....don't ask......and should be done by tomorrow afternoon ready for a few beers and a recap of the 2014 fights (think its on sky sports but I've recorded it).

Have a good one matey

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 30 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm

Happy New Year to all.    OK Whisky Thank you 1347041234 Bubbly RedWine cake Ale thumbsup Fingers Crossed drumroll

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 30 Dec 2014, 9:43 pm

Nice post Spence.............Happy new year to all.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 31 Dec 2014, 12:11 pm

Yeah I had a good one thanks guys. Just a quiet night in tonight with the girl and a takeaway. All the best everyone.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Dec 2014, 1:24 pm

Happy New Year to you all. Hope you have had a good Christmas and have a good night this evening.

Am really conflicted, meant to be going out but have just had The World At War delivered, would happily stay in and smash through that, but suspect TSMR does not feel the same.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 31 Dec 2014, 2:10 pm

Just before we all sign off - one of the shocks of the year has come on its very last day. Because I've actually just seen a highly entertaining Rigondeaux fight! No joke!

Anyone else see his fight against Amagasa this morning? Rigondeaux fought in a much more daring style than normal, leading off with hooks and dropping his hands. It was a hard-fought one and he was dropped twice in the seventh, almost certainly being saved by the bell which prevented an astronomical upset. That chin is so hard to hit cleanly, but on the rare occasions it does get caught it always seems to spell trouble for Rigondeaux. The first knockdown was a result of his more lackadaisical approach in this fight as he was carelessly backing off an in-close exchange when Amagasa's right landed.

Anyway, Rigondeaux upped his game after that and floored his man (as a side note, Amagasa is an absolute giant of a Super-Bantam and looked massive in comparison to the Cuban) before the stoppage, but it was an enjoyable fight and might just tempt the likes of Santa Cruz and Frampton to rethink their attitude when it comes to chasing Rigondeaux.

Rigondeaux in an exciting fight....Whatever next!!??
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 01 Jan 2015, 2:56 am

Well said, Spencer.

Happy New Year to all.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Jan 2015, 9:39 pm

First time I've come on here after christmas and New year and I haven't got any awards to pick up !!!

Going downhill this place !!! Thank you 3845856932

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 03 Jan 2015, 1:01 am

Haven't been logged in for a while as Paul knows but always reading Spence. Thanks for the complements . Has been a great year for me who was just a fan. Been to a few fights as press and got to meet loads of big names. Never thought I'd get to do stuff like this. Don't get paid and it's always paid by myself but highlight of probably all time (UK Boxing wise) was being press at Froch vs Groves 2. Will always be grateful to Paul for that chance.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum