The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New pic of broner....shocking

+7
AdamT
TopHat24/7
milkyboy
Strongback
DuransHorse
kingraf
wheelchair1991
11 posters

Go down

New pic of broner....shocking Empty New pic of broner....shocking

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 06 Jan 2015, 10:38 pm

Dno if anyone has seen the new pic broner doing the rounds on the internet drinking coca cola but it shocked even me, i cant get the link to copy it to this site but it makes Naz look like a lightweight!!

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

New pic of broner....shocking Empty Re: New pic of broner....shocking

Post by kingraf Tue 06 Jan 2015, 10:46 pm

So one of him at what looked like a basketball game with some popcorn. He may weigh more than me at the moment.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 06 Jan 2015, 10:55 pm

Thats the one i saw too thought it was cola but anyway
Ive never seen anything like it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 06 Jan 2015, 11:08 pm

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/01/adrien-broner-has-put-on-a-few-pounds-photos/

This looks like the one. He's enjoying life.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 06 Jan 2015, 11:41 pm

Same shirt jacket combos, so probably same day, different trips to the confectionery stands.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:19 am

Now he's not just a piece of sh1t he's a fat fu.cking piece of sh1t.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:27 am

The caption for the article underneath says 'where have all the heavyweights gone?' Looks like the answer is, 'for another plate of nachos'

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Jan 2015, 10:00 am

What a waste of talent......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 07 Jan 2015, 10:04 am

Another Ricky Fatton!

Well lets face it, he has a good chance of becoming a solid heavyweight considering the lack of talent!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:06 pm

Duran used to buff up to 190 pounds after some fights..

Matthew Hilton too......

But you don't like Broner or in most cases on here Hatton..........

"Piece of s**t" perhaps.............But If Strongy wants to give me a name of an Irish fighter who's won three albeit alphabets at different weights......Feel free..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Duran used to buff up to 190 pounds after some fights..

Matthew Hilton too......

"Piece of s**t" perhaps.............But If Strongy wants to give me a name of an Irish fighter who's won three albeit alphabets at different weights......Feel free..

Takes off a few best years though I think. If you have a bit of discipline outside of the ring and training I think you go on for longer at the top level.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm

Broner is about billions though, them tities though.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:56 pm

DuransHorse wrote:

Matthew Hilton too......

Takes off a few best years though I think.  If you have a bit of discipline outside of the ring and training I think you go on for longer at the top level.

How old was Duran again when he beat Barkley ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Jan 2015, 1:57 pm

Barkley was a bum that got lucky. Twice.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 07 Jan 2015, 2:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:

Matthew Hilton too......

Takes off a few best years though I think.  If you have a bit of discipline outside of the ring and training I think you go on for longer at the top level.

How old was Duran again when he beat Barkley ??

It's a very good win but I don't rate Barkley as his toughest test or defining moment. It helped make his latter career look much better though and was his stand out win during his lesser years.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Jan 2015, 2:10 pm

Personally I scored it for Barkley by three points..............

But an over eating pumped up lightweight shouldn't be competitive at that level is more to the point..19 years after his first title.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 07 Jan 2015, 2:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Personally I scored it for Barkley by three points..............

But an over eating pumped up lightweight shouldn't be competitive at that level is more to the point..19 years after his first title.

I often wonder what a more disciplined Duran could have achieved.  I could see him being much more competitive after Leonard I had he remained ( if he ever was ) dedicated and focused.  Not suggesting he would have beaten Leonard in the first or second return, Benitez, Hearns or Hagler, but he wasn't the same beast by any means.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 10:42 am

Benitez's win over Duran probably doesn't quite get the credit it deserves, for me.

It comes with the cavaet that it was at 154, certainly not Duran's best weight and more advantageous to Benitez. You could also point to Duran being an 'old' thirty who was weathered by seventy-odd professional fights by then and who had slipped a little past his best too, in light of Leonard psychologically scarring him in the 'No Mas' fight. So not one of the greatest victories in boxing history by any means.

But subsequent fights against Moore, Hagler and Barkley showed that Duran was certainly no mug above Welter, and suggest that he probably wasn't quite as past it as some claim either. And in terms of preparation and focus, it was probably the fittest and most driven he ever was post-Leonard. Duran had an intense dislike of Puerto Rican fighters and had clashed with Benitez at pressers when the fight was announced. He was desperate to do a job on Benitez and according to his biography trained harder than he ever had before for the fight, in seclusion on an island somewhere (can't remember just now) away from his old vices of clubs and party girls. He certainly looked the part by the time the fight rolled around. No excuses in terms of preparation or motivation for that one.

It's one thing beating Duran like Leonard or Hagler did, it's another to dominate him and make him look silly and outclassed like Benitez did, even if it wasn't Duran at his optimum weight / peak. Benitez didn't have his day often enough, but when he hit the groove he made boxing look ridiculously easy and the Duran fight was him at his very best. Might have been a different fight had they clashed at 140 between '76 and '78 when Duran was as good as he ever was and Benitez was the young pup flittering between brilliant (Cervantes) and average-looking (Weston), but on the basis of how things did go when they fought you'd be a bit daft to automatically assume it's a Duran win all day long, as often seems the case for a lot of people.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 08 Jan 2015, 11:14 am

88Chris05 wrote:Benitez's win over Duran probably doesn't quite get the credit it deserves, for me.

It comes with the cavaet that it was at 154, certainly not Duran's best weight and more advantageous to Benitez. You could also point to Duran being an 'old' thirty who was weathered by seventy-odd professional fights by then and who had slipped a little past his best too, in light of Leonard psychologically scarring him in the 'No Mas' fight. So not one of the greatest victories in boxing history by any means.

But subsequent fights against Moore, Hagler and Barkley showed that Duran was certainly no mug above Welter, and suggest that he probably wasn't quite as past it as some claim either. And in terms of preparation and focus, it was probably the fittest and most driven he ever was post-Leonard. Duran had an intense dislike of Puerto Rican fighters and had clashed with Benitez at pressers when the fight was announced. He was desperate to do a job on Benitez and according to his biography trained harder than he ever had before for the fight, in seclusion on an island somewhere (can't remember just now) away from his old vices of clubs and party girls. He certainly looked the part by the time the fight rolled around. No excuses in terms of preparation or motivation for that one.

It's one thing beating Duran like Leonard or Hagler did, it's another to dominate him and make him look silly and outclassed like Benitez did, even if it wasn't Duran at his optimum weight / peak. Benitez didn't have his day often enough, but when he hit the groove he made boxing look ridiculously easy and the Duran fight was him at his very best. Might have been a different fight had they clashed at 140 between '76 and '78 when Duran was as good as he ever was and Benitez was the young pup flittering between brilliant (Cervantes) and average-looking (Weston), but on the basis of how things did go when they fought you'd be a bit daft to automatically assume it's a Duran win all day long, as often seems the case for a lot of people.

I can’t argue with any of that, Chris. I give Benitez full credit for the way he handled Duran and I find The Radar to be a strange case. He fought in arguably the toughest era at the toughest weight and took one of the greats scalps when it was still a relevant scalp to take. You are of course correct, Duran was motivated and fit, I have read a few accounts of the animosity in the lead up to the fight and the way Duran prepared. Benitez was in his early 20’s, the fight showed something nearing perfection and was masterful, and yet thereafter Benitez career nosedived and he fell to pieces? Had he just peaked early? Even so, some of the loses that followed were just terrible for a man with the potential he had. I haven’t initiated a topic on the forum yet but funnily enough, a month or so ago I was going to craft something on Benitez and gauge opinions. I find it strange that someone with so much talent could have peaked and fallen so fast.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 11:52 am

88Chris05 wrote:Benitez's win over Duran probably doesn't quite get the credit it deserves, for me.

Styles make fights so we can't assume anything..........

Honey beat Curry beat Starling beat Honey..........

One thing we do know is cute Boxers troubled Duran greatly...............Was Benitez better than Dejesus ........Yep !!......

Duran's lightweight career resembles Louis heavyweight one....Longevity minus talented opposition..........and If we are being overly critical he couldn't get rid of the journeyman Viruet twice !!.A fact that is lost to 99% of the 606 forum....Remember seeing Rosario and Hayes drub the guy..

Benitez.................Like Lyle, young, Williams, Norton etc..............Was unlucky in his era...........

Certainly great in my book.............However much he stank..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:00 pm

If you think duran was a bad trainer, he met his match with benitez. Wilfred started boxing very early and was, charitably speaking, lacking upstairs. Whether his very early decline in the ring came from early onset pugilistic dementia or that he couldn't get away with his training 'regime' as he aged, who knows. But when you go from giving leonard a great fight, beating duran to getting outboxed by mustapha hamsho, something has gone badly wrong.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:02 pm

Matthew Hilton gave him brain damage...

Have you seen that fight ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:03 pm

milkyboy wrote:If you think duran was a bad trainer, he met his match with benitez. Wilfred started boxing very early and was, charitably speaking, lacking upstairs. Whether his very early decline in the ring came from early onset pugilistic dementia or that he couldn't get away with his training 'regime' as he aged, who knows. But when you go from giving leonard a great fight, beating duran to getting outboxed by mustapha hamsho, something has gone badly wrong.

Phew!! My wife often says I'm "lacking upstairs", I thought she was talking about in the bedroom!

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:04 pm

A mix of indiscipline and bad luck for Benitez in terms of how quickly he faded, I guess mate. He liked living the high life but also was likely burnt out a bit physically due to competing at such a high level while so incredibly young, not to mention the possibility that he was already suffering with some kind of brain trauma or form of retardation even before his career hit the heights, which has been a fairly common suspicion amongst those closest to him. Ray Leonard has commented a few times that, in the build up to their fight, he was a little surprised at how spaced Benitez seemed to be a lot of the time. When you see the sorry state he's been in since retiring, it makes you wonder if he was just a bit too delicate to have had a long, gruelling career at the top.

Hearns might just have been THE head-to-head monster at Light-Middle, yet it's easy to forget how good a fight Benitez gave him. Other quality technicians such as Leonard and Hill couldn't make Hearns miss the way Benitez could, and when Benitez boxed more aggressively (as he tried to adapt his tactics for victory) from the middle stages onwards you could argue he had the best of the second half of the fight, albeit he could never quite get Tommy going. I know I've mentioned it before but there's a round in the Maurice Hope fight - the ninth, I think - where Benitez spends more or less the entire round in the ropes right in the corner of the ring, planting his feet, and Hope still can't hit him.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:15 pm

88Chris05 wrote:A mix of indiscipline and bad luck for Benitez in terms of how quickly he faded, I guess mate. He liked living the high life but also was likely burnt out a bit physically due to competing at such a high level while so incredibly young, not to mention the possibility that he was already suffering with some kind of brain trauma or form of retardation even before his career hit the heights, which has been a fairly common suspicion amongst those closest to him. Ray Leonard has commented a few times that, in the build up to their fight, he was a little surprised at how spaced Benitez seemed to be a lot of the time. When you see the sorry state he's been in since retiring, it makes you wonder if he was just a bit too delicate to have had a long, gruelling career at the top.

Hearns might just have been THE head-to-head monster at Light-Middle, yet it's easy to forget how good a fight Benitez gave him. Other quality technicians such as Leonard and Hill couldn't make Hearns miss the way Benitez could, and when Benitez boxed more aggressively (as he tried to adapt his tactics for victory) from the middle stages onwards you could argue he had the best of the second half of the fight, albeit he could never quite get Tommy going. I know I've mentioned it before but there's a round in the Maurice Hope fight - the ninth, I think - where Benitez spends more or less the entire round in the ropes right in the corner of the ring, planting his feet, and Hope still can't hit him.

I haven't seen the Maurice Hope fight Chris but I'll certainly find that round at lunch. I know there were many rumours around Benitez, possible brain issues and trauma, early on. The strange thing is he was most famous for being elusive and making his opponent miss and usually such boxers are the ones that also evade the mental problems later on. We love to watch the more aggressive style but I guess in the case of Benitez he was blessed with elusiveness for a reason, he just wasn't built for war. Who knows?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:26 pm

DuransHorse wrote:
milkyboy wrote:If you think duran was a bad trainer, he met his match with benitez. Wilfred started boxing very early and was, charitably speaking, lacking upstairs. Whether his very early decline in the ring came from early onset pugilistic dementia or that he couldn't get away with his training 'regime' as he aged, who knows. But when you go from giving leonard a great fight, beating duran to getting outboxed by mustapha hamsho, something has gone badly wrong.

Phew!! My wife often says I'm "lacking upstairs", I thought she was talking about in the bedroom!

that would be lacking downstairs!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:30 pm

Benitez problem was the same as Rosario's..............Got there too soon and by the time he was finished he was of such a young age.........Seemed pointless retiring as everyone else was approaching their peaks at that age....

Not as good as Camacho for me.................But then again I think 130 pound Camacho would beat anyone in history bar Arguello..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm

milkyboy wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:

When she said it I literally looked up and thought "the bedroom?" Well, that's proof that she was politely calling me retarded if ever I needed it. Cheers Milky, I feel much better knowing I'm still a stud!

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:36 pm

Poor old mo hope, remember watching that at the time... seeing him get gradually dismantled, and then sparked by a textbook ko.

It came not too long after srl was marking dave green's card with a similar finish, minter was ripped to shreds by hagler and conteh flattened by saad muhammed.  1980/81... The halcyon days of british boxing... when you could watch your boys get battered  by a legend.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:38 pm

DuransHorse wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:

When she said it I literally looked up and thought "the bedroom?" Well, that's proof that she was politely calling me retarded if ever I needed it.  Cheers Milky, I feel much better knowing I'm still a stud!

She might think you're lacking downstairs too, but doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Most women understand that men don't mind being called retarded, but get offended at any affront to their sexual prowess. At least it shows she doesn't want to hurt your feelings... which in turn suggests you can't have been married for long!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:45 pm

milkyboy wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:

When she said it I literally looked up and thought "the bedroom?" Well, that's proof that she was politely calling me retarded if ever I needed it.  Cheers Milky, I feel much better knowing I'm still a stud!

She might think you're lacking downstairs too, but doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Most women understand that men don't mind being called retarded, but get offended at any affront to their sexual prowess. At least it shows she doesn't want to hurt your feelings... which in turn suggests you can't have been married for long!

Cheers Milky. You obviously have no problem hurting a mans feelings by putting such thoughts in my head. Good job my memory retention is crud and it will be wiped clear of these thoughts in a few minutes.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:48 pm

Nope no problem. Anytime, you need a lift, I'm here to make sure you don't get it Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 12:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not as good as Camacho for me.................But then again I think 130 pound Camacho would beat anyone in history bar Arguello..

Wow. I think a young Camacho was good. Seriously good, actually....But maybe not quite that good.

I know I've had this debate with you before, but a lot of the guys Camacho built his early reputation against were nicely tailored for him. Have you ever seen a world title fight where the speed difference was quite as wide as it was in Camacho-Limon? There might have been some, but I'd struggle to think of too many and on top of that Limon had been involved in a lot of gruellers and was faded by that point.

Very good showing against Ramirez, too, but he kind of levelled off after seven or eight rounds and watching it I felt there were slight warning signs there that Camacho might struggle when he came across an opponent who he couldn't just take target practice against. Brilliant athlete and quick as a flash but a bit repetitive in what he did even then, I think.

Mind you, easy to say that when you're viewing a career or fight in hindsight and with knowledge of what came afterwards for the fighters in question, I guess. Might well have been giddy watching it at the time.

But yeah, I think we can agree that Mayweather at 130 wouldn't have had a prayer against him! Wink
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:05 pm

Ali beat a lot of guys tailored for him and he's my number 1.........

He was pretty ordinary when he was making a fight..........Lyle, Bugner......

Camacho could bang at 130 and had the kind of hand and foot speed other fighters could dream about..

He could make guys fight his fight.........

Came forward against the bigger Leonard and blew him away..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not as good as Camacho for me.................But then again I think 130 pound Camacho would beat anyone in history bar Arguello..

Wow. I think a young Camacho was good. Seriously good, actually....But maybe not quite that good.

Have you ever seen a world title fight where the speed difference was quite as wide as it was in Camacho-Limon?

Khan-Salita??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:12 pm

Dempsey - willard..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:14 pm

Valuev - David "mallard" Haye?

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:14 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Have you ever seen a world title fight where the speed difference was quite as wide as it was in Camacho-Limon?

Khan-Salita??
Mayweather/Baldomir????????????????????????

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Ali beat a lot of guys tailored for him and he's my number 1.........

He was pretty ordinary when he was making a fight..........Lyle, Bugner......

Camacho could bang at 130 and had the kind of hand and foot speed other fighters could dream about..

He could make guys fight his fight.........

Came forward against the bigger Leonard and blew him away..........

Did you really just shoehorn the camacho leonard fight into a serious discussion on the macho man's career? Fine work fella!

It is hard to judge camacho, because he was prodigiously talented and looked sensational until the rosario fight. But his reverse mode fighting thereafter leaves such a taint.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 1:41 pm

Just showing he could fight coming forward...

So simmer down..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down