The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWALEC CUP

5 posters

Go down

SWALEC CUP Empty SWALEC CUP

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Neath 26 vs 32 RGC1404

Historic win by the North Wales club today at the Knoll defeating Premiership side Neath RFC. RGC1404 have come on in leaps and bounds and are showing there is far more up North than North.

Congratulations on a brilliant win Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

SWALEC CUP Empty Re: SWALEC CUP

Post by Coleman Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:00 pm

Aye this is a great win! Shame they've had Phil inflicted on them. Horseman was doing great work.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:44 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:Neath 26 vs 32 RGC1404

Historic win by the North Wales club today at the Knoll defeating Premiership side Neath RFC.  RGC1404 have come on in leaps and bounds and are showing there is far more up North than North.  

Cute. I like it a lot.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:18 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:

Historic win by the North Wales club today at the Knoll defeating Premiership side Neath RFC.  RGC1404 have come on in leaps and bounds and are showing there is far more up North than North.  

Cute. I like it a lot.

Not too sure about "Cute", but it is FACT
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:17 am

To be fair there have been a fair few Pro12 or better standard players who are from the North of the years.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:03 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Cute. I like it a lot.

Not too sure about "Cute", but it is FACT

Now there's a novelty. It's all myth, legend, mis-information and spin down our way.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:18 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:To be fair there have been a fair few Pro12 or better standard players who are from the North of the years.

Many more to come too I think. This is only the 3rd year of RGC1404 and they have achieved promotion to the Championship and runners up in the first season. I imagine the way the season is going we will end up 3rd or 4th this season. A good run in the Swalec cup will a huge bonus after beating Neath. The unfortunate thing is if any RGC1404 lads do get noticed they will be snapped up and will be in the Pro 12. This will be a good test to see if the replacements are as good I guess. Still have a good feeling that in a few season we may have another regional team Smile No myths up North all hard work.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:24 pm

RGC are a regional team, you're just not in the Pro12 yet. I do worry about you losing your academy players to other teams but if they go to a Welsh region that's something to be proud of. Did you lose many players between last season and this season as you were a solid second last year behind an very tasty Ebbw pack, but seem to be more involved in the mid table this year.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:37 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:To be fair there have been a fair few Pro12 or better standard players who are from the North of the years.

Many more to come too I think.  This is only the 3rd year of RGC1404 and they have achieved promotion to the Championship and runners up in the first season.  I imagine the way the season is going we will end up 3rd or 4th this season.  A good run in the Swalec cup will a huge bonus after beating Neath.  The unfortunate thing is if any RGC1404 lads do get noticed they will be snapped up and will be in the Pro 12.  This will be a good test to see if the replacements are as good I guess.  Still have a good feeling that in a few season we may have another regional team Smile  No myths up North all hard work.

Good luck with that although we did try 5 "regions" very briefly and it couldn't be afforded. 4 is a struggle.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Be a good test v Keys in the next round. Maybe the Eirias factor might help.

I hope to watch Ebbw v Ponty personally.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:16 am

Risca Rev wrote:Be a good test v Keys in the next round. Maybe the Eirias factor might help.

I hope to watch Ebbw v Ponty personally.

I am planning a trip home that weekend should be a cracking game especially given the WRU deducting 4 points off Ponty from the game back in November.

C'Mon Ebbw
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Coleman wrote:RGC are a regional team, you're just not in the Pro12 yet. I do worry about you losing your academy players to other teams but if they go to a Welsh region that's something to be proud of. Did you lose many players between last season and this season as you were a solid second last year behind an very tasty Ebbw pack, but seem to be more involved in the mid table this year.

Some decent sides in the league P'pool, Swansea, etc but we do have a game in hand so if we get the max we are still up there. Three seasons in and I think everyone is still pinching themselves to be honest, it is just great to have a team that is becoming known throughout Wales and able to compete against clubs in S Wales that have such amazing histories. No one thought we would be runners up to a rampant Ebbw Vale last season but it was deserved over a very hard and 'unknown' season.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:08 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Coleman wrote:RGC are a regional team, you're just not in the Pro12 yet. I do worry about you losing your academy players to other teams but if they go to a Welsh region that's something to be proud of. Did you lose many players between last season and this season as you were a solid second last year behind an very tasty Ebbw pack, but seem to be more involved in the mid table this year.

Some decent sides in the league P'pool, Swansea, etc but we do have a game in hand so if we get the max we are still up there.  Three seasons in and I think everyone is still pinching themselves to be honest, it is just great to have a team that is becoming known throughout Wales and able to compete against clubs in S Wales that have such amazing histories.  No one thought we would be runners up to a rampant Ebbw Vale last season but it was deserved over a very hard and 'unknown' season.

Mischief maker.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:44 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Some decent sides in the league P'pool, Swansea, etc but we do have a game in hand so if we get the max we are still up there.  Three seasons in and I think everyone is still pinching themselves to be honest, it is just great to have a team that is becoming known throughout Wales and able to compete against clubs in S Wales that have such amazing histories.  No one thought we would be runners up to a rampant Ebbw Vale last season but it was deserved over a very hard and 'unknown' season.

Mischief maker.

Well just beat the Original All Blacks Smile thats michief making Wink
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:10 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Mischief maker.

Well just beat the Original All Blacks Smile  thats michief making Wink

Yes it is and there's nowt wrong with being a mischief maker btw. I'm one too, but mention histories and facts down our way and it upsets the applecart.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down