The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nole v Delpo

+2
Tenez
socal1976
6 posters

Go down

Nole v Delpo

Nole v Delpo Vote_lcap73%Nole v Delpo Vote_rcap 73% 
[ 8 ]
Nole v Delpo Vote_lcap27%Nole v Delpo Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

Nole v Delpo Empty Nole v Delpo

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2011, 8:26 pm

This is match is finely poised and will continue tomorrow.
Who wins, and why?

Back to top Go down

Nole v Delpo Empty Re: Nole v Delpo

Post by socal1976 Fri 27 May 2011, 8:55 pm

Delpo is hitting so damn hard, it will take every bit of Novak's mojo to best him. I feel that Novak's confidence will carry him through, plus he is getting into a lot of Del Potro's service games just not taking advantage on the break points and deuce points enough.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 27 May 2011, 8:57 pm

Djoko of course! Unless he stuffs himself with gluten-filled pizzas this evening.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Fri 27 May 2011, 9:45 pm

Delpo will win tomorrow. Todays conditions heavy and he still blasted Djokovic in the 2nd set.

If conditions are quicker tomorrow, then Delpo will battered Djokovic.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 27 May 2011, 10:02 pm

Djokovic to win in 5.

Just not sure if Delpo is back to his top form and I don't think he has enough to topple Djokovic.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri 27 May 2011, 10:18 pm

Djoko, because of his match toughness. Delpo is still on his way back, even though this was quite impressive

I expect Djoko's returning will make the difference

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Fri 27 May 2011, 10:19 pm

Del Potro is the more naturally gifted player, so he can certainly beat Djokovic tomorrow

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Fri 27 May 2011, 10:39 pm

Del Potro is the favourite in my opinion tomorrow

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 27 May 2011, 10:48 pm

I would prefer Delpo to win though...Let's be clear about that.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 May 2011, 9:05 am

sonic boom, how do you figure that Del Po is the more naturally gifted, if you mean that he is bigger and hits harder than he is probably more naturally gifted than any player. Djokovic is faster and his cat like reactions on the return of serve are far superior to anyone maybe only murray could match them.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 May 2011, 9:09 am

Novak has been able to get to deuce and to get to break point consistently on del po's service game, just has to play those points better.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sat 28 May 2011, 9:56 am

socal1976 wrote:Novak has been able to get to deuce and to get to break point consistently on del po's service game, just has to play those points better.

You have to give Delpo credit for that, because Delpo was too good on those Bp's.

Djoko has by far the better physique, like you said: he's faster, better reflexes, more stamina. But this proves how an incredible ballstriker Delpo actually is, and arguably more talented in that department. For the first time in 6 months Djoko got overpowered from the baseline, against an average mover! And we're looking at an improving Delpo..

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 May 2011, 4:00 pm

Gallery play, I didn't see Djoko get overpowered. Gallery play, being a tennis player is a total package it doesn't just get boiled down to how hard you hit a tennis ball. In that case the most talented tennis player is Ivo karlovic, who is more talented the borg, laver, federer, and Nadal combined. Because nobody has been able to put the mph or kph on the ball that Ivo karlovic has. Del Po is a talent, I in fact think he will grandslams (plural) in the future. But to say his naturally more talented than Djokovic I don't see it. Look at the way Novak returned Del Po's monster serves today, look at those drop shots from behind the baseline. Del Po is great, but I would not be willing to cede the fact that Del PO is more talented. Besides talent is subjective, results are objective.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sat 28 May 2011, 7:12 pm

You didn't read my post very well Socal.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Sat 28 May 2011, 11:47 pm

Delpo's 1 US Open was far more impressive than Djokovic's 2 inferior Australian Opens

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 29 May 2011, 6:21 am

Sonic boom, are you living in 1983? The same players that enter the US open or wimbeldon enter Australia. All the best players go to Australia and its worth the same amount of points. And since the late 80s it has been with approximate parity with the other slams. Delpo's one slam in no way measures up to Djokovic's two australian opens. Maybe if Del po had another slam with his USO title you could possibly say that since the US has a bit more history you could give the tiebreak to Delpo. If you want to account grandslams in your subjective style than Fed's wimbeldons are worth more than Rafa's inferior french opens. And his US opens are also worth more than Rafa's inferior french opens. By the way how successful was your Del Potro will beat Novak prediction? Oh wait isn't novak 4-0 against Del Po? Del po is far more impressive too bad he keeps getting beat by the less impressive player.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down