The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

+37
doctornickolas
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
Blueschief
LordDowlais
TBJ9625
munkian
Don Blues
Stone Motif
PhilBB
Fanster
Chunky Norwich
PenfroPete
Welshmushroom
dragon4life
tatterd
XR
Jhamer25
formerly known as Sam
Welly
RDW
Notch
VinceWLB
Comfort
SecretFly
George Carlin
Liam
wayne
Luckless Pedestrian
glamorganalun
Steffan
rumpelstiltskindoh
ScarletSpiderman
LondonTiger
The Saint
Hound of Harrow
wales606
41 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 20 Empty Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by wales606 Sun 1 Feb - 17:07

First topic message reminder :

Prop
Gethin Jenkins, Taufa'ao Filise, Craig Mitchell, Sam Hobbs, Scott Andrews, Thomas Davies, Dillon Lewis

Hooker
Matthew Rees, Kristian Dacey, Rhys Williams, Ethan Lewis

2nd Row
Jarrad Hoeata, James Down, Lou Reed, Chris Dicomidis, Miles Normandale

Flanker
Sam Warburton, Josh Turnbull, Macauley Cook, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi, Jevon Groves, Ben Roach

Eight
Manoa Vosawai

Scrum half
Tavis Knoyle, Lloyd Williams, Lewis Jones, Tomos Williams

Fly half
Rhys Patchell, Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies, Jarrod Evans, Will Thomas

Centre
Cory Allen, Gavin Evans, Richard Smith, Tom Pascoe, Adam Thomas, Garyn Smith, Ray Lee-Lo

Wing
Alex Cuthbert, Harry Davies, Owen Jenkins, Chris Knight, Tom Williams, Tom James

Full back
Blaine Scully, Dan Fish, Geraint Walsh, Aled Summerhill

Last edited by wales606 on Mon 7 Sep - 22:16; edited 6 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 20 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by wales606 Thu 17 Dec - 15:35

gcBlues wrote:Knoyle did alright for the blues last season considering but now Lloyd is back to form he's definitely 2nd choice.  I think he's coming back from injury and with this game is a good opportunity for him to get some fitness in before the derbies.

ps. it is Garyn Smith.

Yeah,

Think they are probably just giving Lloyd Williams a rest as he has played a lot of games and there is a short turnaround.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 20 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Coleman Thu 17 Dec - 15:58

Fair comment on Knoyle, hope he does find his feet. Mitchell still baffles me. He did well when he came on last week.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 17 Dec - 19:13

Mitchell seemed to be in and out of the squad last season too, when you had various coaches...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu 17 Dec - 19:18

Montpellier have the 1st choice Georgian loosehead and the 1st choice SA tighthead tonight, if the Blues scrum doesn't go backward, it will show how much their scrum has improved under Wilson.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu 17 Dec - 21:48

It's amazing how much Danny Wilson improved the scrum, even when Filise went off the scrum still held its own even with a 19 years old at tighthead.

Blues should really have won that but for some iffy ref decisions.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 17 Dec - 22:40

Gutted. We do still Calvisano at home and Quins away. Going to need to do well away at the Stoop.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Dec - 9:26

Cardiff Blues sign Australian Prop Salesi Ma'afu! Kudos.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35130118

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 18 Dec - 9:40

Very good signing and sounded like a good performance last night.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 18 Dec - 10:22

His brother pkayed for us a few years ago. That was quick. Toulon only just released him due to his assault conviction. Hope he isn't one of the "big signings" we're suposed to be making.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 18 Dec - 11:10

Forgot that was even on last night. Everyone here watched it? Unlucky to lose by a point lads, sounds like you did well. The French are good at home and it doesn't surprise me to hear the ref was in their back pocket as that seems to be protocol when playing in France. Wilson is a great coach - our Wales U20 teams underwent a remarkable transformation under him and since his departure there has been a great void.

Sounds like a good signing too if he was in the Toulon squad? Just look after him on a night out in Cardiff Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 18 Dec - 11:19

I didn't watch it, I don't have BeIN sports. Have seen a clip of the last scrum. Hoping a more indepth highlights is available soon. Cuthbert scored again. Could be finding form just in time for the Six Nations. . .

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 18 Dec - 11:23

Anyway, take it you need 9 or 10 points from your remaining fixtures to be within a shout of progressing? Calvisano is 5 points, not so sure about Quins. That opening disaster against them could be very costly.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 18 Dec - 11:34

How many NWQ is this now ?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/35130118

Seriously Cardiff Blues do my head in on times, Aussies are not re-known for their scrumaging, but it does not matter, come to Wales, we know you are coming to the end of your career, lets top up your pension for you.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 18 Dec - 12:28

Right now we have a 39 year old tight head starting games. Andrews seems to be being converted, Mitchell seems to be in Lalaland and our next option after that is a 19 year old. He is needed, he will be going cheap as he just got sacked and i would assume it is a short term deal. I also don't know what has happend to the NWQ Quota but we could do a lot worse than this signing.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 18 Dec - 12:46

LordDowlais wrote:How many NWQ is this now ?

Seriously Cardiff Blues do my head in on times, Aussies are not re-known for their scrumaging, but it does not matter, come to Wales, we know you are coming to the end of your career, lets top up your pension for you.

In the interest of fairness I'll pitch in. Ma'afu was at Northampton and was a great scrummager with them, I remember him. Was he also the guy that lifted Scott Andrews a few feet in the air when Blues played Toulon or am I think of somebody else? I would also guess that he is a short-term replacement for Filise, who we believe might finally retire now (famous last words) - so I think Blues are looking to strengthen their squad rather than give this guy a pension top-up. Blues are also bringing through some Wales U20 props and they look promising.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 18 Dec - 14:01

That was a very good display last night, the scrum far exceeded my expectations, Filise did very well and even Lewis held his own relatively well given his lack of experience at this level. That was some renowned props they were up against.

It should have been a W really, Vosawai did absolutely nothing for his yellow card, that was a perfectly ok maul defending and Ivaldi should have received a yellow card with 10 to go for a textbook no arm chop tackle on Vosawai which would have ensured a win.

Maafu looks like a very good signing which will make a lot of teams envious. I can't imagine the sight of having both him and Hoeata in the same team though.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 18 Dec - 14:08

Just to add to that. Cudmore is looking for a team next season. Lets nab him. Him and Hoeata would be a tidy pair of yellow card machines locks.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 18 Dec - 14:47

Hoeata might be let go, surely? I mean they are cutting the squad and for the most part he's been a waste of space. Cudmore is the type of played you needed a few years ago, he's 37. I wouldn't risk it.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Fri 18 Dec - 15:18

Feeling more optimistic about Cardiff lately, Wilson's doing a tidy job, with his Bristol connection I wonder if he'll bring Ian Evans in for next season? Could do worse.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 18 Dec - 15:19

I am hoping Lyn Jones coaching him at the Ospreys will see the pair reunited at RP

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 18 Dec - 15:19

Although he is probably needed more at CAP

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Fri 18 Dec - 15:24

To be fair, either side would be a step up for him after Bristol, can see him going to either one.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 18 Dec - 15:40

I'd love Ian Evans at the Blues, but the Dragons do have the Lyn connection. He'd be an ideal signing for either of us.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 18 Dec - 18:43

Coz he aint Welsh or coz he's an Aussie?
Irritable bowel of the Fail not happy with this signing either by the sound of his earlier tweets.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 18 Dec - 18:46

mikey_dragon wrote:Forgot that was even on last night. Everyone here watched it? Unlucky to lose by a point lads, sounds like you did well. The French are good at home and it doesn't surprise me to hear the ref was in their back pocket as that seems to be protocol when playing in France. Wilson is a great coach - our Wales U20 teams underwent a remarkable transformation under him and since his departure there has been a great void.

Sounds like a good signing too if he was in the Toulon squad? Just look after him on a night out in Cardiff Wink.

Mike Phillips could chaperone, perhaps?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 18 Dec - 23:45

You are unwise, sir, and I would question the integrality of your wits.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 18 Dec - 23:52

Cardiff Dave wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Forgot that was even on last night. Everyone here watched it? Unlucky to lose by a point lads, sounds like you did well. The French are good at home and it doesn't surprise me to hear the ref was in their back pocket as that seems to be protocol when playing in France. Wilson is a great coach - our Wales U20 teams underwent a remarkable transformation under him and since his departure there has been a great void.

Pretty much, better call Andy Powell and Gavin Henson (all ex-Blues) to help out Very Happy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Dec - 0:33

Cardiff Dave wrote:

Irritable bowel of the Fail not happy with this signing either by the sound of his earlier tweets.

That maybe explains it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 19 Dec - 17:37

mikey_dragon wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Pretty much, better call Andy Powell and Gavin Henson (all ex-Blues) to help out Very Happy.

Cardiff is mad enough on a Saturday night without this lot being let loose.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 21 Dec - 20:08

Risca Rev wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

That maybe explains it?

Anyway knickers to the knockers. Cardiff are finally moving in the right direction it seems. Bout blydi time too.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 22 Dec - 8:31

Mourad Boudjellal is sticking his beak in with Leigh Halfpenny now, he reckons he is going to Wasps.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/leigh-halfpenny-given-toulon-ultimatum-10633261

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 22 Dec - 12:25

Blues have signed Rhys Gill for next season

Very good signing. Good prop who will be available all year round.

Looking like a good set of props for next year now.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 22 Dec - 12:30

You mean he's available all year round apart from Wales call-ups?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 22 Dec - 12:30

wales606 wrote:Blues have signed Rhys Gill for next season

Rhys Gill is good news, didn't he leave last time because of lack of game time ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 22 Dec - 12:32

mikey_dragon wrote:You mean he's available all year round apart from Wales call-ups?

Is he going to be getting called up?

I don't think it's that likely. If he does he will likely still be released if Gethin and P.James are fit.

I think Gatland will go with the young looseheads over Gill
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 22 Dec - 12:33

LordDowlais wrote:

Rhys Gill is good news, didn't he leave last time because of lack of game time ?

Yeah, he has really developed at Saracens
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 22 Dec - 12:34

wales606 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Yeah, he has really developed at Saracens

Yes he has, Gethin Jenkins was keeping out before, but now that Gethin is getting on, Gill is the perfect replacement.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 22 Dec - 12:40

wales606 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:You mean he's available all year round apart from Wales call-ups?

Is he going to be getting called up?

I don't think it's that likely. If he does he will likely still be released if Gethin and P.James are fit.

I think Gatland will go with the young looseheads over Gill

Given the ages of the two LH props you have just mentioned I think that's a stupid question.

As for the young LHs - well Smith doesn't seem to be considered any better than James, which he isn't, and he isn't really up to the level required yet anyway. Rob Evans is a good player and probably should have made the RWC squad which would have boosted his development - in addition to this I don't really see him pulling up trees at the Scarlets right now. Great in open field play but not really destroying opposition scrums.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 22 Dec - 15:47

This is good news. He has been rumoured to be coming back for as long as I can remember. He's looked decent when i've seen him for Saries and was gutted to see him limp off the other day. We are due three other "big signings" now arent we?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Dec - 8:26

Nick Williams has signed from Ulster! Haven't seen him play for a while but a season or two ago he was phenomenal. A bit indisciplined at times, but an absolute wrecking ball of an 8. You've been missing someone in this mould since Xavier Rush retired.

Could be a great signing.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 23 Dec - 8:50

Griff wrote:Nick Williams has signed from Ulster! Haven't seen him play for a while but a season or two ago he was phenomenal. A bit indisciplined at times, but an absolute wrecking ball of an 8. You've been missing someone in this mould since Xavier Rush retired.

Could be a great signing.

I do not want him here at Cardiff Blues, he is a liability and a thug. We already have one of those in Hoeata. I thought Navidi was going great guns at 8, I'm sorry but this is another waste, there is a reason why Ulster are not keeping hold of him.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=61971

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20