The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 years ago!

3 posters

Go down

15 years ago! Empty 15 years ago!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 02 Mar 2015, 10:51 am

Barrera v Morales

great great fight

discuss

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

15 years ago! Empty Re: 15 years ago!

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 02 Mar 2015, 11:02 am

Astoundingly great fight, but to this day I wonder how Morales managed to get the verdict. Wouldn't have minded him getting a draw but, although it's always close, I saw it as a narrow Barrera win at the time and have done every time I've re-watched it. He dominated eleven and twelve and fought a smarter fight than Morales, for me. But he eventually came out with a 2-1 scoreline against Morales, which I thought was just about fair, so it doesn't take too much shine off a fantastic fight.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 02 Mar 2015, 11:46 am

This remains my all-time favourite fight. Two top operators pushing themselves to the brink. Barrera should have gotten the nod (even with a fudged knock down call in the 12th round he came up short).

Round 5 is one of the finest in boxing history (and for my money the best round 5 of them all!).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Mar 2015, 1:51 pm

James Ellroy wrote a short story about it and there's mention of the two sets of supporters making side bets with one another and, when the result was announced, the Morales fans refusing to take the Barrera fans' money such were their thoughts on the decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down