The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joseph Parker

+4
TopHat24/7
lfc91
hazharrison
rapidringsroad
8 posters

Go down

Joseph Parker Empty Joseph Parker

Post by rapidringsroad Fri 06 Mar 2015, 2:49 am

Just watched the highlights of Parker's demolition of Jason Pettaway in Auckland last night.Joseph's opposition is getting better all the time, yet he seems to get the job done easily with every fight he has.I'm not saying he is ready to fight for a title yet but he is only young and if he keeps improving has he does I don't think it will be long before he is. The only draw back is the fact that he is smallish for a modern heavy weight. Kevin Barry is doing a good job in his preparation as well.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Joseph Parker Empty Re: Joseph Parker

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Mar 2015, 7:06 am

Klitschko has just brought him in for sparring ahead of the Jennings "fight".

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Fri 06 Mar 2015, 8:23 am

Klitscho seems to bring a lot of the young up and coming heavys in to spar with him. Great experiance for them, and serves the double purpose for him of being able to scope them out, see what they bring to the table. Maybe also get a psycological edge over them should they ever fight, as they will always remember the pasting they took of him in training that one time...

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:37 am

AJ-Parker is a fight I want to see.

Pretty sure AJ sparred K as well (probably the best experience he's had, better than all his fights combined!) so it would be interesting to hear the champ's views about their respective abilities.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:51 am

Heard good things about him. Francois Botha took a bit of a pasting off him. 6'4 225lbs (relying on google here) isnt top of the range any more, but hes big enough I'd think to avoid being bullied and smothered.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 06 Mar 2015, 2:17 pm

I would not get too excited about him to be honest.

Who was the last New Zealand boxer since Tua to make serious noise in boxing?????????

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 06 Mar 2015, 2:30 pm

Until Arguello came about how many Nicaraguans had made waves in boxing? I'm going out on a limb and i'll say it's probably none, a nations previous history isn't going to make or break a boxer.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 06 Mar 2015, 2:45 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Until Arguello came about how many Nicaraguans had made waves in boxing? I'm going out on a limb and i'll say it's probably none, a nations previous history isn't going to make or break a boxer.

Unless you're Welsh, which pretty much means you won't leave your home town for fear of Betty the sheep getting the grump and dumping you. Save for Wilde, but I heard he had a fear of sheep.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down