The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is JD2 the most arrogant player ever?

+13
Breadvan
EWT Spoons
Notch
BamBam
Chunky Norwich
George Carlin
beshocked
bedfordwelsh
thebandwagonsociety
Pot Hale
FecklessRogue
Rory_Gallagher
Exiledinborders
17 posters

Go down

Is JD2 the most arrogant player ever? Empty Is JD2 the most arrogant player ever?

Post by Exiledinborders Wed 15 Apr 2015, 11:17 pm

Read his comments in the Grauniad.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/apr/15/clermont-auvergne-saracens-european-challenge-cup

This line in particular stuck in my craw.
“The plan is to replicate it,” Davies said of the Northampton performance. “People have been talking about it as the complete performance, especially in the first half. But I noticed during the game that as a squad we have so much quality we should expect to deliver that sort of intensity, accuracy and execution on the ball.

I am not a Sarries fan but I really hope they win. Hopefully based on some errors from the big headed Welshman.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Is JD2 the most arrogant player ever? Empty Re: Is JD2 the most arrogant player ever?

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 15 Apr 2015, 11:27 pm

picard

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Is JD2 the most arrogant player ever? Empty Re: Is JD2 the most arrogant player ever?

Post by FecklessRogue Wed 15 Apr 2015, 11:46 pm

Unbelievable!

As in, I literally do not believe that that was arrogant.
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed 15 Apr 2015, 11:54 pm

Methinks your craw is on its own. Isolated. Alone. In the wilderness. Solitary. By itself. Without any company.

I could recommend a good toothpick.....
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu 16 Apr 2015, 7:45 am

I don't think the comment is that arrogant. A Test level player in a squad of high calibre players thinks those players have a lot of quality.

The real question back to him would be why do they then flounder so much on the biggest occasion? Why aren't there more trophies in the cabinet?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 9:02 am

He's gone from playing in a Scarlets team with a few star players around him to playing in a Galacticos type type surrounded by international quality. Of course he's going to feel that way. But I don't think it suggests arrogance. Arrogance would be to say 'we're awesome and there's no way we'll lose this', which he didn't say.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 16 Apr 2015, 9:04 am

God if that's arrogant I give up.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 16 Apr 2015, 9:30 am

Exileinborders like you I hope Saracens win but not necessarily because of Jonathan Davies' alleged "arrogance".

I think he's just saying it as it is - there is a lot of quality in the Clermont squad. Clermont are one of the top sides in Europe.

thebandwagonsociety perhaps Clermont do flounder but at least they've been consistently getting to semi finals and finals - got to be in it to win it. You would expect that eventually their consistency will yield a title.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 16 Apr 2015, 9:57 am

I've met JD2 and he's a nice lad.

I think all he meant was that there is legimate expectation on his side to perform because they have a large number of undeniably good players. He's just excited to be in the mix and as a relative youngfeller I cannot blame him for that. Read the last paragraph of his interview:
The 27-year-old believes encounters such as the one this weekend fully justify his decision. “In the past I’ve been watching these games,” Davies said. “I want to be part of big games. I’ve been fortunate in my international career to be part of big games and making the move to Clermont was to be playing in these big games at the end of the season. It’s where I want to be, I’m enjoying it and I’m very excited to be part of a very strong team.”
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:31 am

I was chatting to JD2 a couple of weeks ago. He is one of the most grounded, self unassuming, modest blokes I've ever met.

I can only assume the opening post is a joke / bet.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:55 am

beshocked wrote:Exileinborders like you I hope Saracens win but not necessarily because of Jonathan Davies' alleged "arrogance".

I think he's just saying it as it is - there is a lot of quality in the Clermont squad. Clermont are one of the top sides in Europe.

thebandwagonsociety perhaps Clermont do flounder but at least they've been consistently getting to semi finals and finals - got to be in it to win it. You would expect that eventually their consistency will yield a title.

Does that apply to the England team too Whistle

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 16 Apr 2015, 11:35 am

Yes Bambam that is a positive that England can take despite failing to get a GS in 12 years.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 16 Apr 2015, 2:43 pm

What on earth could possibly be construed as arrogant about that statement? Genuinely baffled Headscratch
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 16 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm

Notch wrote:What on earth could possibly be construed as arrogant about that statement? Genuinely baffled Headscratch

Same.

He's just pointing out he's in a good side. I think every player ever interviewed has said something similar (whether they all believe it is another matter)

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 16 Apr 2015, 6:38 pm

He's just telling it how it is. ASM are a superb star studded team who we all enjoy watching as neutrals. Btw, I thought the law was that if you've met JD2 or glanced at him once you can call him 'foxy'? Smile
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 17 Apr 2015, 1:18 am

This post was made by Exiledinborders who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Is all I can see.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Engine#4 Fri 17 Apr 2015, 3:24 am

There's a 'thinks he's bigger than GOD BOD' joke in here somewhere...

Engine#4

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 17 Apr 2015, 10:53 am

Foxy thinks he's BODsky!

Dear BOD, what is the BTWorld coming to?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 20 Apr 2015, 3:05 pm

"Days like today are why I joined Clermont"

"So the opportunity for me to come here and play with some great players and be involved with a great club, I'm very lucky."

"It's very special... a great occasion and something I won't forget. It was great to be a part of it,"

"I was fortunate to play against Clermont a few years ago in Stade Marcel Michelin and that atmosphere there with only 17,000 was pretty special"

"We're very lucky to play in front of that crowd and it was down to us to put in a performance and make sure we got the result worthy of the great support we had. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32372161

Yeah, the guy just oozes arrogance doesn't he  Rolling Eyes
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down