The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team v Blackzilians

2 posters

Go down

The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team v Blackzilians Empty The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team v Blackzilians

Post by westisbest Wed 22 Apr 2015, 9:40 pm

Just seen a trailer for this.

Looks great.

First time ever its not in Vegas.
Its in south florida.

Dan Lambert ATT coach. Glen Robinson Blackzilions coach. They hate each other, which will spice things up.

$500,000 prize money.

Robbie Lawlor is on ATT.

Rashad Evans blackzilians.

2 names that i saw.

was very tempted to get BT last week.

Will have to find another way to watch,.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team v Blackzilians Empty Re: The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team v Blackzilians

Post by Guest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 8:59 am

Here is part 1 of episode 1, there are 5 parts in all, just click on next video for each next part. Enjoy.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/TUF_21_ATT_vs_Blackzilians_Episode_1_Rumble_in_South_Florida_Part_1/10100849?from=main

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team v Blackzilians Empty Re: The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team v Blackzilians

Post by westisbest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 9:01 am

Brilliant.

Thanks sohotnot.

Will watch tonight.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 24 Apr 2015, 10:26 am

The first fight was very underwelming for me. But its been entertaining enough so far.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 10:33 am

will have to make sure i dont fall to far behind.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 24 Apr 2015, 10:46 am

Sorry West didn't mean to spoil it. Looks to be some genuine needle between them though.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 10:54 am

No probs.

Yeah the trailor looks good.

Looking forwad to watching tonight on the link sohotnot posted.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 3:29 pm

westisbest wrote:Brilliant.

Thanks sohotnot.

Will watch tonight.

Your welcome.

This site has been has been my UFC viewing choice for a few years now, I don't have any tv package, have watched the last 6 TUF's on here. Normally up within 24 hours, I think this series is shown in the US on Wednesday evenings so you can watch it Thursday.

@Soldier of fortune

Apart from the odd series or the odd fight a lot of the fights don't live up, guys fight conservatively, playing it safe, nobody wants to risk getting ko'd or submitted or injuries, especially this series where you are gonna be fighting more than once. There's also more money up for grabs. Interesting to hear the coaches stories as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 10:28 pm

Just watched the first episode.
Have to say was pretty impressive, apart from,the fight.

Quite like the fact that the fighters wont know who they are fighting until the weigh in. Something different.

Looking forward to the rest of the season and see how it pans out.

Cheers again sohotnot for the link.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 May 2015, 8:39 am

Episode 2 part 1

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/TUF_21_ATT_vs_Blackzilians_Episode_2_Battle_Lines_Drawn_Part_1/10101436?from=main

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 01 May 2015, 1:11 pm

cheers sohotnot.

meant to watch this last night.
will watch later.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 May 2015, 7:26 pm

Another decent episode but again the fight was a bit of a let down but a slight improvement on the first, but then take into consideration the lack of experience of Team ATT's fighter and that his opponent was a BJJ fighter with 20 fights what other outcome did we expect? I thought Dana was a bit classless with his opinions on the fight, not every fight is going to be a toe to toe stand up war, especially when one of the fighters has a ground game and looks to win by submission. Lets hope the fights improve but with the format this series has I won't hold my breath.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 06 May 2015, 9:57 pm

Just watched second sepisode.

Yeah not the best fight. Had a feeling Blackzilians would win this one.
Dana can be a bit harsh at times, easy for him to say when he is not in there.

Thought Lambert & Robinson were going to go at it for a second at the weigh in.

Am looking forward to seeing how this season pans out.

Have a feeling there could be a fight in the house.

Cheers again for the links.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 May 2015, 5:08 pm

Episode 3 part 1

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/TUF_21_ATT_vs_Blackzilians_Episode_3_Settling_the_Score_Part_1/10101822

Best fight so far but still to much holding up against the fence. Also have to question the tactics of the losing fighter, just went about the whole fight the wrong way and paid the price.

Tyrone Spong also acted like a classless jerk, to much macho nonsense, a guy of his caliber should know how to behave.

More needle between the coaches, ATT head honcho really dissing his rival and the fact that he had poached a fighter form a friends gym. What is the deal when you join a gym such as the two in the series? Are you contracted to them, are they trainer/manager/promoter to a fighter? Can really see this series heating up!

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 09 May 2015, 10:12 pm

Just watched.

Fight was a bit poor i thought.

I suppose Blakzilians had the right to kick Carl out of the sauna.
Thought it was going to kick off there.

Not a fan of Michael Johnson, or Rashad Evens.

Much prefer the ATT on the whole.

Hope they can pull it round.
At the end of the day they could lose 8 fights, win the final 4 then their team wins the competition.

Hope ATT can turn it round.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 May 2015, 5:20 pm

Not a great fight but the best so far, just. There is something about Rashad that I don't like not sure what tho. Know very little about either team to be honest, is it true that Blackzilians are more ground game focused? I thought ATT's guy fought totally the wrong fight, I was surprised it lasted as long as it did, he just seemed to be offering the sub throughout.

I think the scoring sucks, why award more points each round when it turns out you can lose 8, win the last 4 & the competition? Maybe it keeps the motivation up if that were to play out.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 10 May 2015, 7:33 pm

To be honest never even heard of Blakzilians before this season.

The scoring is silly. Should do away with points and whoever wins most fights wins and gets the money.

The bald guy on ATT keeps saying he is ready after every fight to the other team, be good to see him fight next.

Must say, i do like the fact that you don't know who you are fighting until the weigh in.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 May 2015, 7:51 pm

I first heard about them when Rashad Evans joined them, although I was under the impression he was amongst a group of fighters that formed them, them all being black or Brazilian - Blackzilians, it was some docu a couple of years back. They had quite a few big names join in a short time such as Overeem, Big Foot, Anthony Johnson I think and Tyrone Spong to name a few, although Overeem & Big Foot didn't stay long.

Yeah makes sense, as far as I know there won't be a finale where somebody is crowned winner, it's not a knockout tournament. Fighters could fight once or four times.

Yeah not knowing who your fighting or when you are fighting should keep the guys on their toes, in shape & working on their technique.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 11 May 2015, 10:52 am

westisbest wrote:Just watched.

Fight was a bit poor i thought.

I suppose Blakzilians had the right to kick Carl out of the sauna.
Thought it was going to kick off there.

Not a fan of Michael Johnson, or Rashad Evens.

Much prefer the ATT on the whole.

Hope they can pull it round.
At the end of the day they could lose 8 fights, win the final 4 then their team wins the competition.

Hope ATT can turn it round.

Sprong would have KTFO everyone from ATT in that room. Funny they way that fella backed down the second Sprong got his back up.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 21 May 2015, 8:44 am

So creepy steve was due to fight for ATT, but had a seizure and is out of the tournament.

So the fight was Sabah of ATT against  v Banks of Blackzillians.

Thought it was a better fight than what we have seen.
Banks won by decision. Think he might have done just enough, but suppose could have gone either way.

ATT need to do something, now 4-0 down, going into the 50pt fights.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 May 2015, 4:32 pm

Defo the best fight so far but that's not difficult. Agree Banks probably did enough to get the win, Sabah just held back for to much of the fight imo and the take downs for Banks were probably the decider.

Apparently creepy Steve is on the bill for the finale & may get a UFC contract out of it! Fair play to Dana.

Not really enjoying this series there seems to be something lacking, we're not getting the same rivalry as before, much less training footage and poor fights. Don't like this points system either, why up the points after 4 fights?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 May 2015, 4:33 pm

Episode 5 Part 1

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/TUF_21_ATT_vs_Blackzilians_Episode_5_Battle_Wounds_Part_1/10102613

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 21 May 2015, 4:58 pm

Cheers sohot, will try to catch that over the weekend.

Agree, not as enjoyable as previous season's.
The points system is a bit of a joke.

Think they should have just done the 12 fights, if it was 6 all, then have a deciding fight.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 23 May 2015, 8:55 am

Well, finally a win for ATT, and what a win.

Hyder certainly put it on Nakahara.

I had a feeling Nakahara would win, but Hyder looked good.
Looks like he's been ready from the start, unlike yer man that did'nt bother to go to training because he was tired, very bad.

Glad to see ATT get the win.

Shows how silly how things are with the points system.
Blackzillians are 4-1 up in fights, but only 50 points ahead.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 May 2015, 9:57 am

Good power & great finishing from Hyder, he backed up his words. He's the guy that's been giving it large after every ATT loss but fair play to him, he's clearly taken this all very seriously, trained hard and got the win. He actually came across as an ok guy in this show, probably the first time the focus has been on him.

Totally agree with you on the points system, 2 more wins and they are ahead on points with one win less! Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 May 2015, 8:52 am

Episode 6 Part 1

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/TUF_21_ATT_vs_Blackzilians_Episode_6_Fight_Through_the_Pain_Part_1/10103173

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 29 May 2015, 8:52 pm

Very disappointing for ATT point of view.

Jackson had that fight won from pretty much the first minute.
Wanted to see a bit more at ATT gym.

Interesting that both teams can send 2 guys home and bring 2 guys in.

Hopefully Coy gets to fight next for ATT.

Need Hyder to fight again soon.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:11 pm

westisbest wrote:Very disappointing for ATT point of view.

Jackson had that fight won from pretty much the first minute.
Wanted to see a bit more at ATT gym.

Interesting that both teams can send 2 guys home and bring 2 guys in.

Hopefully Coy gets to fight next for ATT.

Need Hyder to fight again soon.

Not really bothered about which team wins this, we're not getting to see anything of the fighters or the owners to really forge an opinion or a team to get behind. The short bits we've seen from the 2 owners neither comes across as that likeable.

I felt that fight was only going to have one winner, but I was a little disappointed with Jackson. From a good opening minute he kind of went on the back foot & looked to nick the fight. 2nd round I thought he fought scared, like he didn't want to trade with the Brazilian and was worried about the takedown, I was surprised it didn't go to a 3rd, neither fighter for me gave enough, like both were looking not to lose as opposed to winning.

Yeah not a bad thing this swapping 2 fighters, the obvious one for ATT is Creepy Steve and for me a toss up between the Brazilian & the guy that lost the 1st fight and couldn't be bothered with training & the weigh in. Dunno who Blackzilians will switch if anybody, so far so good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:12 pm

Episode 7 Part 1

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/TUF_21_ATT_vs_Blackzilians_Episode_7_Eyes_on_the_Prize_Part_1/10103524

Best fight so far for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:19 pm

Was a good fight alright.

Coy just looked so gassed.

Fair play to the Blackzilians, keep on winning.

Hopefully ATT can get a few more wins though.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jun 2015, 11:09 am

At least Coy went for it, he was confident going in but came up against a younger, stronger, fitter, more rounded & better fighter. I was a little surprised that Vincente wasn't more aggressive after all stand up is his thing, good submission though.

I do wonder if bringing in older fighters is a good idea, Coy looked small in there tonight, like he's grown into the weight over the years where as Vincente could well end up fighting at 185, naturally bigger & stronger. It was the same with the Brazilian guy on ATT, 36, I'm sure cutting weight gets harder as you get older and he looked flat plodding after Jackson.

Episode 8 Part 1

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/TUF_21_ATT_vs_Blackzilians_Episode_8_Lightning_Strikes_Twice_Part_1/10103938

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 1:57 pm

Episode 8.

Great to see Hyder get the second win for him and ATT.

Thought it should probably have gone to a third. But great for him, do like him and have preferred ATT throughout the season.

Episode 9

Really wanted Steve Carl to get the win to keep ATT in the competition( points wise anyway).

As Glen said, once Carl was hit with the first couple of punches, he wasn't in the fight.

Disappointing performance from Carl.

ATT have to win the final 3, unless they put Hyder in a again, cant really see them winning another sadly.

Been an ok season, but nothing great.
Again,  the points thing is stupid.

Anyway hope ATT get the next three wins.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10:15 pm

Great result for ATT.

Thought it was a good performance from Coy.

Soon as he got that early takedown, the first round was his.
Some good g&p.

Second round Coy did well to get out of those submissions, they looked tight and I thought Coy was done.
Fair play to him for battling through.

Very poor from Glen at the weigh ins, when he knew the rules.

Hope ATT get the final 2 wins.

Think they may need to send in Hyder in again, as he seems the best guy on ATT and already has 2 wins.

Would like to see Sabbah, or the guy that replaced creepy Steve for the other fight.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 02 Jul 2015, 4:56 pm

Watched episode 11.

Some controversy in the fight to say the least.

Am delighted Groves won, but Jackson was all over him and the fight should have been stopped.

Not a fan of Glen at all but have some sympathy with him.

Although Jackson kicked Groves in the nuts, held onto the cage and hit the back of Groves head.

When Groves went down thought it was all over.
Fair play to him to get the choke and make Jackson tap.

Perfectly set up for the final episode.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 03 Jul 2015, 9:37 am

Something really fishy about the last fight Westy.

How the Frak that wasnt stopped when Graves was getting really laid into i do not know. It was a good minute of knees and punches. Graves could have been seriously hurt.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:35 am

Thats what i thought SOF. Seems as if the ref had been told to let Groves win if there was a situation.

Any other fight of the season that fight would have been stopped.

Anyway sets it up well for last fight of season.

Also Dana saying that ATT should have been the ones complaining.

Again, if that fight was earlier in the season, I'm sure he would have said it should have been stopped, maybe give out about the ref.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:43 am

westisbest wrote:Thats what i thought SOF. Seems as if the ref had been told to let Groves win if there was a situation.

Again, if that fight was earlier in the season, I'm sure he would have said it should have been stopped, maybe give out about the ref.

Rolling Eyes exactly!

He couldnt even stand up after the fight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jul 2015, 6:23 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
westisbest wrote:Thats what i thought SOF. Seems as if the ref had been told to let Groves win if there was a situation.

Rolling Eyes exactly!

He couldnt even stand up after the fight.

Those thoughts crossed my mind as well, whilst watching I was surprised that it didn't get stopped. Also looking back at the 2nd Hayder fight I also thought it should have gone to a third although I fancied Hayder to win that next round even stop his opponent who for me looked gassed. That makes me think a sort of fix was in place as had he lost that one, with it progressing as it has, ATT would have been out after the first fight of the 100 pt round, series over! Its happened before when one team have been running away with it and suddenly a dodgy decision and bad refereeing. As we've all said the points system sucks and a team can win be winning less fights! Understand why they've done it but.............

Throughout the series I've backed neither team, neither owner is particularly likeable and Glen let himself down big time after that fight. I really dislike Dan's bitterness towards Glen and how the blackzillians came about.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 7:44 am

ATT ATT ATT ATT ATT Very Happy

Glad ATT 'won'

Again thought that final fight was close.

Seems ATT just go to Hayder to get the win.

He looked so gassed. Thought he would lose.

Chosen him again to fight in the finale.

Should be a good fight.

The series on the whole as been ok for me at best.

Best think is not knowing your opponent till the weigh ins.

The finale is sunday i think.

Am going to Benidorm later for my stag do, so will hope to cath the CM v CM fight.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down