The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May

+24
The Saint
TheMildlyFranticLlama
BigGee
IanBru
GLove39
21st Century Schizoid Man
VinceWLB
Majestic83
InjuredYetAgain
Nematode
cakeordeath
Breadvan
RuggerRadge2611
Tattie Scones RRN
funnyExiledScot
wayne
RDW
Draigoch
LondonTiger
Welshmushroom
jimbopip
Chunky Norwich
LordDowlais
George Carlin
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May - Page 2 Empty Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May

Post by George Carlin Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May - Page 2 Ospeys10          Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May - Page 2 Glasgo10
Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors
Friday 8 May
KO: 19:35
The Liberty Stadium, Swansea

Live on BBC Wales and BBC ALBA

Referee: George Clancy  picard (IRFU, 71st competition game)
Assistant Referees: Neil Hennessy, Martyn Lewis (WRU)
Citing Commissioner: John Charles (WRU )
TMO: Derek Bevan (WRU)

A. Head to Head

25 Played 25
11 Wins 11
11 Losses 11
2 Draws 2
54 Tries 42
37 Conversions 29
57 Penalties 64
8 Drop Goals 1
539 Points 463
24 Avg. Age 25

B. Form

Sat 21 Feb 2015 - Glasgow Warriors 19 - 16 Ospreys

Fri 28 Mar 2014 -  Glasgow Warriors 11 - 9 Ospreys  

Fri 29 Nov 2013 - Ospreys 16 - 28 Glasgow Warriors

C. Teams

Ospreys
Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May - Page 2 Cather10
15 Dan Evans
14 Jeff Hassler
13 Ben John
12 Josh Matavesi
11 Eli Walker
10 Dan Biggar
09 Rhys Webb

01 Nicky Smith
02 Scott Baldwin
03 Aaron Jarvis
04 Tyler Ardron
05 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
06 James King
07 Justin Tipuric
08 Dan Baker

16 Sam Parry
17 Marc Thomas
18 Dmitri Arhip
19 Rory Thornton
20 Dan Lydiate
21 Tom Habberfield
22 Sam Davies
23 Jonathan Spratt

Glasgow Warriors
Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May - Page 2 Laura_10
15. Stuart Hogg
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Richie Vernon
12. Peter Horne
11. Niko Matawalu
10. Duncan Weir
09. Henry Pyrgos

01. Ryan Grant  
02. Pat MacArthur
03. Jon Welsh  
04. Tim Swinson
05. Jonny Gray
06. Rob Harley
07. Chris Fusaro
08. Josh Strauss (Captain)

16. Fraser Brown
17. Gordon Reid
18. Euan Murray
19. Leone Nakarawa
20. Ryan Wilson
21. Lee Jones
22. Fraser Lyle
23. Peter Murchie

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 07 May 2015, 12:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May - Page 2 Empty Re: Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May

Post by LordDowlais Tue 05 May 2015, 4:03 pm

Nematode wrote:I reckon we'll see Ulster vs Munster in the final - Glasgow have one too many injuries sadly.

Would that just be dandy, it is the final the Pro12 organisers want, but I do not think it is the one they will get. If Ospreys get a home semi, then they will deffo get to the final, the same for Glasgow I would have thought, to be honest, I think one of Munster or Ulster will end up with an away semi, it will depend on the outcome of this weekends set of fixtures, whoever wins between Ospreys and Glasgow will get a home semi, and who ever wins between Ulster and Munster will get a home semi, thats the way I see it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May - Page 2 Empty Re: Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May

Post by wayne Tue 05 May 2015, 4:28 pm

My ideal scenario would be for Ospreys win this weekend and Ulster beating Munster and the following week Os winning again and Glasgow beating Ulster and bonus points being the same for each team meaning Os and Glasgow home semi's and meeting in the final, for this weekend hope Lacey and Nige ref these games, as they are far and away the best Referees in our League.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 05 May 2015, 5:49 pm

Nematode wrote:I reckon we'll see Ulster vs Munster in the final - Glasgow have one too many injuries sadly.
To say nothing of the fact that Clownshoes is holding the whistle for this match.

You're in luck, Ospreys fans. There isn't a referee who hates Glasgow more.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 06 May 2015, 3:15 pm

George Carlin wrote:
To say nothing of the fact that Clownshoes is holding the whistle for this match.

You're in luck, Ospreys fans. There isn't a referee who hates Glasgow more.
George, according to our forum there is a team he hates more and that is us laughing

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 06 May 2015, 3:25 pm

Watching our preview video earlier both Hassler and Steenkamp took a full part in proceedings, I think Hassler will make the bench but Steenkamp is being kept for next season.
I'm hoping for Evans, Walker, John, Matavesi, Grabham, Biggar, Webb, Smith, Baldwin, Arhip, Peers, AWJ, Ardron, Tipuric, Baker, but expect Jarvis instead of Arhip and Lydiate instead of Ardron
Reserves Parry, Thomas, Jarvis, Steenkamp, Ardron, Habberfield, Davies, Hassler

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 06 May 2015, 3:31 pm

James King injured wayne?
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 May 2015, 3:55 pm

I am really looking forward to this game. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 06 May 2015, 4:05 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Would that just be dandy, it is the final the Pro12 organisers want, but I do not think it is the one they will get. If Ospreys get a home semi, then they will deffo get to the final, the same for Glasgow I would have thought, to be honest, I think one of Munster or Ulster will end up with an away semi, it will depend on the outcome of this weekends set of fixtures, whoever wins between Ospreys and Glasgow will get a home semi, and who ever wins between Ulster and Munster will get a home semi, thats the way I see it.
What Mr Tode is getting at is that Glasgow now has long term injuries to some very important players indeed - Alex Dunbar, DTH VdM, Mark Bennett and Sean Maitland are the biggest ommissions.

You can paper over the cracks against the weaker teams (and Glasgow has done exactly that in the latter part of this season) but we are going to get found out against the Os and (especially) Ulster. Quality will out and inevitably our replacements are not in the same league as the incumbents, try though they undoubtedly will.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 May 2015, 4:17 pm

Don't give me all that George, you still have a pack that can best the best in the league, the last game I was at a game between these two sides and Ospreys beat Glasgow was a semi final a good few years ago, and that was too close to call, Glasgow seem to have the hex over Ospreys at the moment. furious

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 06 May 2015, 4:41 pm

Breadvan wrote:James King injured wayne?
No, Breadvan, I just think Ardron is playing exceptionally well at the moment, we had the awards dinner last weekend, Dan Evans was the supporters player of the year, Tyler Ardron was either the players or coaches player of the year, he has been excellent whether playing 2nd row, blindside or No 8, personally I would have King on the bench ahead of Lydiate, he fits our game plan so much better.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 06 May 2015, 4:52 pm

George Carlin wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

What Mr Tode is getting at is that Glasgow now has long term injuries to some very important players indeed - Alex Dunbar, DTH VdM, Mark Bennett and Sean Maitland are the biggest ommissions.

You can paper over the cracks against the weaker teams (and Glasgow has done exactly that in the latter part of this season) but we are going to get found out against the Os and (especially) Ulster. Quality will out and inevitably our replacements are not in the same league as the incumbents, try though they undoubtedly will.
George, Josh Matavesi was interviewed on the preview and he was asked about any banter between himself and his countrymen and he said Matawalu had been in touch with a bit of banter, nothing about Naka ?, he said they were top blokes and he expected a fast open game from Glasgow, and he said how they would have to cut them down early and fast.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 May 2015, 4:58 pm

Hears some good news for Ospreys,what do you think of this wayne ?

With just one home game to go in the regular season, the Ospreys are toasting what is set to be a year-on-year increase in PRO12 attendances at the Liberty Stadium.

League leaders Glasgow visit Ospreylia on Friday night for the penultimate scheduled fixture, with both teams among the four confirmed for the end of season play-offs and contesting the right to host a home semi-final.

With the Ospreys having defied pre-season expectations to lead the way in Wales once again, it seems that supporters have bought into what Steve Tandy and his men are attempting to achieve with crowds on the rise at the Liberty.

Last season saw a total of 87,292 pass through the turnstile at 11 PRO12 fixtures, working out at an average of 7,935 over the course of 2013/14. This time around the cumulative PRO12 attendance currently stands at 81,397 from 10 games to date, with a healthy crowd anticipated on Friday night that will take the total past last years figure, at an average of 8,139 per match so far.

Andrew Hore, Ospreys Chief Executive, said that the increase was another signs that the business was moving in the right direction.

“There has been an awful lot of negativity surrounding the regional game over the last few years, some of it fair but some of it misguided” said Hore.

“In terms of the Ospreys, we’ve worked hard over the last two to three years to not only stabilise the business but to give us a platform from which to go forward. We’ve seen that with the improvements on the field, where there is a hard working, committed squad of players, pulling together for the cause, be they the experienced old heads or one of the many young, talented boys coming through.

“It’s clear that our supporters appreciate the hard work and effort that has gone in to put us where we are in the table at the moment. That’s reflected by the increase in crowds. With one of the biggest attendances of the season anticipated for Friday night then the seasonal average and overall crowd figure will rise higher and that’s something to be proud of.

“There has been an awful lot of hard work behind the scenes aimed at growing crowds. Innovative ticketing initiatives, more direct marketing through social media, enhancing the match day experience, improving the Ospreys hospitality offerings and the appointment of a new ticket sales team have all helped to create 20 per cent growth in match by match ticket sales, with over 11,000 people coming to games this season as part of the group ticketing scheme. The key now is to make sure that we build on that next season and continue working hard as a team to grow that even further next year, match by match sales and business to business sales in particular.”

Hore added that the new European qualification criteria has played a part in making the PRO12 more competitive and, in turn, more attractive to supporters and sponsors alike:

“Make no mistake about it, this season has been the most competitive ever for the competition. It’s no coincidence that at the same time, European qualification criteria has changed to reflect the new look Champions Cup, and teams have to earn the right to go into the top tier competition on merit. Just about every single game now has something on it, even at this late stage of the season where there are teams competing to finish in one of the different qualification spots.

“The increased level of excitement surrounding the PRO12 means the competition is now well placed to move forward. With the commercial enhancements that are taking place, it’s important that everybody pulls together to ensure that the competition continues to grow in stature, commercially and rugby wise.

“We have worked incredibly hard to get us to where are, as the only Welsh representation in the play-offs and, so far, the only Welsh team to qualify for the Champions Cup. There’s still an awful lot of hard work to be done, starting this Friday night at the Liberty Stadium against Glasgow.

“Ticket sales are going well, we have a number of initiatives in place to support that, as it’s important that the team gets the backing it deserves for such a big game against a Glasgow side that has proven it’s play-off quality consistently since they were introduced in 2010.

“We know that it’s going to be a tough evening but the supporters can play a big part on the night. They can provide a real boost to the boys, giving that extra one or two per cent that can make a difference in such a big game.”

Tickets for the game against Glasgow at the Liberty Stadium on Friday night are on sale now at the Ticket Office, via the Ticket Hotline on 0844 815 6665 and online at www.ospreysrugby.com/buytickets

Supporter who went to Judgement Day III at the Millennium Stadium can claim half-price tickets for this match, just by showing their Judgement Day III ticket at the Ticket Office at the time of purchase.

Alternatively, any supporter who purchases a Glasgow ticket and is not currently a season member can claim the price of their ticket back off a 2015/16 membership. See www.ospreysrugby.com for full Ts and Cs.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 06 May 2015, 5:05 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Hears some good news for Ospreys,what do you think of this wayne ?

With just one home game to go in the regular season, the Ospreys are toasting what is set to be a year-on-year increase in PRO12 attendances at the Liberty Stadium.

League leaders Glasgow visit Ospreylia on Friday night for the penultimate scheduled fixture, with both teams among the four confirmed for the end of season play-offs and contesting the right to host a home semi-final.

With the Ospreys having defied pre-season expectations to lead the way in Wales once again, it seems that supporters have bought into what Steve Tandy and his men are attempting to achieve with crowds on the rise at the Liberty.

Last season saw a total of 87,292 pass through the turnstile at 11 PRO12 fixtures, working out at an average of 7,935 over the course of 2013/14. This time around the cumulative PRO12 attendance currently stands at 81,397 from 10 games to date, with a healthy crowd anticipated on Friday night that will take the total past last years figure, at an average of 8,139 per match so far.

Andrew Hore, Ospreys Chief Executive, said that the increase was another signs that the business was moving in the right direction.

“There has been an awful lot of negativity surrounding the regional game over the last few years, some of it fair but some of it misguided” said Hore.

“In terms of the Ospreys, we’ve worked hard over the last two to three years to not only stabilise the business but to give us a platform from which to go forward. We’ve seen that with the improvements on the field, where there is a hard working, committed squad of players, pulling together for the cause, be they the experienced old heads or one of the many young, talented boys coming through.

“It’s clear that our supporters appreciate the hard work and effort that has gone in to put us where we are in the table at the moment. That’s reflected by the increase in crowds. With one of the biggest attendances of the season anticipated for Friday night then the seasonal average and overall crowd figure will rise higher and that’s something to be proud of.

“There has been an awful lot of hard work behind the scenes aimed at growing crowds. Innovative ticketing initiatives, more direct marketing through social media, enhancing the match day experience, improving the Ospreys hospitality offerings and the appointment of a new ticket sales team have all helped to create 20 per cent growth in match by match ticket sales, with over 11,000 people coming to games this season as part of the group ticketing scheme. The key now is to make sure that we build on that next season and continue working hard as a team to grow that even further next year, match by match sales and business to business sales in particular.”

Hore added that the new European qualification criteria has played a part in making the PRO12 more competitive and, in turn, more attractive to supporters and sponsors alike:

“Make no mistake about it, this season has been the most competitive ever for the competition. It’s no coincidence that at the same time, European qualification criteria has changed to reflect the new look Champions Cup, and teams have to earn the right to go into the top tier competition on merit. Just about every single game now has something on it, even at this late stage of the season where there are teams competing to finish in one of the different qualification spots.

“The increased level of excitement surrounding the PRO12 means the competition is now well placed to move forward. With the commercial enhancements that are taking place, it’s important that everybody pulls together to ensure that the competition continues to grow in stature, commercially and rugby wise.

“We have worked incredibly hard to get us to where are, as the only Welsh representation in the play-offs and, so far, the only Welsh team to qualify for the Champions Cup. There’s still an awful lot of hard work to be done, starting this Friday night at the Liberty Stadium against Glasgow.

“Ticket sales are going well, we have a number of initiatives in place to support that, as it’s important that the team gets the backing it deserves for such a big game against a Glasgow side that has proven it’s play-off quality consistently since they were introduced in 2010.

“We know that it’s going to be a tough evening but the supporters can play a big part on the night. They can provide a real boost to the boys, giving that extra one or two per cent that can make a difference in such a big game.”

Tickets for the game against Glasgow at the Liberty Stadium on Friday night are on sale now at the Ticket Office, via the Ticket Hotline on 0844 815 6665 and online at www.ospreysrugby.com/buytickets

Supporter who went to Judgement Day III at the Millennium Stadium can claim half-price tickets for this match, just by showing their Judgement Day III ticket at the Ticket Office at the time of purchase.

Alternatively, any supporter who purchases a Glasgow ticket and is not currently a season member can claim the price of their ticket back off a 2015/16 membership. See www.ospreysrugby.com for full Ts and Cs.
Yes seen that yesterday Lord, not a big increase but an increase nonetheless, I find it quite ironic that possibly the biggest doubter of all resides on these boards and has been shown on many occasions to be the prime idiot hereabouts.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed 06 May 2015, 9:03 pm

Name names, Wayne!! Don't beat about the bush

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Thu 07 May 2015, 11:50 am

Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, 8 May - Page 2 CEZb9RpWoAAjG1X

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Thu 07 May 2015, 11:51 am

Didn't think Ryan Wilson was allowed to play?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Thu 07 May 2015, 11:59 am

Stand-off Duncan Weir returns to the Glasgow Warriors starting XV for the trip to face the Ospreys in Swansea tomorrow night (kick-off 7.35pm) – live on BBC Two Wales and BBC Red Button.Duncan Weir will start for Glasgow

The Scotland international has made two appearances off the bench since recovering from a bicep injury, which kept him out of action since December.

The Warriors, who have already booked their place in the GUINNESS PRO12 play-offs, take on fourth-placed Ospreys in the penultimate game of the regular season as they try and secure a home play-off for the second consecutive year.

Weir replaces Finn Russell in the Number 10 shirt, which is the only change to the back-line which started the 31-13 win over Connacht in Galway almost a fortnight ago.

In the forwards Ryan Grant comes in for Jerry Yanuyanutawa at loose-head, Pat MacArthur replaces Fraser Brown at hooker and Jon Welsh continues at tight-head.

Tim Swinson comes in for Leone Nakarawa in the second-row and he'll partner Jonny Gray in the engine room.

In the back-row Rob Harley and Chris Fusaro continue at blind-side and open-side respectively, while Josh Strauss replaces Adam Ashe at Number 8 and captains the side.

Following the conclusion of his suspension Ryan Wilson is named amongst the replacements, along with Fraser Lyle who could make his first appearance since representing Scotland 7s in Hong Kong and Tokyo.

Glasgow Warriors head coach Gregor Townsend said: "We're well aware of the importance of tomorrow night's game and what it means to everyone associated with the club.

"Securing our place in the play-offs is a massive achievement, but we're now playing for home advantage and we know these next two games are crucial to achieving that outcome.

"Ospreys are only four points behind and they too are playing for a home play-off, so we're expecting an extremely tough game at the Liberty Stadium.

"They have played at a consistently high level throughout the season and have a good balance in their play – a strong, aggressive defence allied to an excellent attacking game.

"We will need to put in one of our best performances of the season to come away with a positive result.”

Glasgow Warriors team to play Ospreys, GUINNESS PRO12, Liberty Stadium, Friday 8 May (kick-off 7.35pm) – live on BBC Two Wales and BBC Red Button:
15. Stuart Hogg
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Richie Vernon
12. Peter Horne
11. Niko Matawalu
10. Duncan Weir
9. Henry Pyrgos

1. Ryan Grant
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Jon Welsh
4. Tim Swinson
5. Jonny Gray
6. Rob Harley
7. Chris Fusaro
8. Josh Strauss (Captain)

Replacements

16. Fraser Brown
17. Gordon Reid
18. Euan Murray
19. Leone Nakarawa
20. Ryan Wilson
21. Lee Jones
22. Fraser Lyle
23. Peter Murchie

Not available due to injury: Alex Allan (shoulder), Adam Ashe (neck), Mark Bennett (shoulder), Mike Cusack (foot), Alex Dunbar (knee), Tyrone Holmes (knee), Sean Maitland (shoulder) and DTH van der Merwe (hand).

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 07 May 2015, 12:07 pm

Well... The Tombola strikes again. Shocked
Batman on the bench. I didn't think we'd see him again this season.
The Selkirk Pixie, Sandy Lyle and Murchie are the back replacements So look to see Mad Mata swapping with Henners at some point. Also possibly Hornee moving to 10 if playing a territorial game isn't working. (Vernon 12 and Hogg13)
Furra Linee and Richie V look to be the first choice centre pairing from here on until it's all over for another season. Who would have predicted that at the start of the campaign?

The one thing about the bench is that in Brown, Naka, Batman we have forwards who can attack space with the ball in hand.

With the exception of Dancer I think this is possibly the strongest side available given the fact that they have just installed extra bunk beds in the sick bay. It looks as if we're going all out to win this which would guarantee a home semi and allow a couple of people to be rested and some others to get a run out against Ulster.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 07 May 2015, 12:38 pm

Them thar Spreys:

15 Dan Evans
14 Jeff Hassler
13 Ben John
12 Josh Matavesi
11 Eli Walker
10 Dan Biggar
9 Rhys Webb

1 Nicky Smith
2 Scott Baldwin
3 Aaron Jarvis
4 Tyler Ardron
5 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
6 James King
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Dan Baker

16 Sam Parry
17 Marc Thomas
18 Dmitri Arhip
19 Rory Thornton
20 Dan Lydiate
21 Tom Habberfield
22 Sam Davies
23 Jonathan Spratt

Unavailable for selection through injury:

Ashley Beck - Ankle

Rynier Bernardo – Knee

Ryan Bevington - Groin

Andrew Bishop – Back

Tom Grabham - Abdomen

Cai Griffiths - Bicep

Ross Jones – Ankle

Aisea Natoga – Knee ligaments

Lloyd Peers - Pectoral
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 12:59 pm

Glad to see Hassler back. Yahoo

Matawalu on the wing for Glasgow, I hope he does not see much of the ball. wayne will be happy with James King starting.

This is going to be one hell of a game if it goes to form.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Thu 07 May 2015, 1:08 pm

Can any Ospreys fans explain Lydiate being on the bench?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Thu 07 May 2015, 1:10 pm

Sean Lamont in training match & McConnell to Nottingham.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 07 May 2015, 1:13 pm

McConnell, permanent or on loan?
Schlong is one tough cookie. I wonder if we'll see DTH against Ulster.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 1:18 pm

Nematode wrote:Can any Ospreys fans explain Lydiate being on the bench?

Whilst I would not describe myself as a front line Ospreys fan, I will say that James King suits Ospreys style of play better than Lydiate, although Dan's style of chopping players down is very affective in it's own right, he will be better employed when the game needs to be closed out and won.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 1:18 pm

Think King is just in better form

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 07 May 2015, 3:07 pm

Because he's better. thumbsup In all serious tho, this season he has been our form and best player at the blindside position. Still disappointed at Dirksen not being selected. I'd have him on the bench for Spratt. I know he missed two overlaps v Zebre but to discard him totally? Harsh call by Tandy IMO...
Still our strongest line up and great to see Hassler back...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 07 May 2015, 3:11 pm

Yes, strong Os line up - I don't really fancy our chances with our patched up backline. Quite a few injury returners so not clear what sort of shape any of those guys will be in.

Bench forwards are lightweight sprinters and all just reiterate that we're out to create offloading chaos, as was the start of the season plan.

Bench backs are solid rather than thrilling. Would love to see Lyle getting a run out although we absolutely cannot lose any more centres to injury.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 07 May 2015, 10:11 pm

According to our website if all our ST holders turn up, we will get over 10000 tomorrow night, which to me for how important this match is is still very disappointing, we should be getting 14-15000, especially with the extremely good ticket offers around.
I'm pleased King has been picked ahead of Lydiate, he is a much better lineout operator and ball carrier, sorry Grabham is injured but great to have Hassler back, that is undoubtedly a step up in class, I wish we had gone with Steenkamp probably on the bench, Glasgow have a very good 2nd row and the bench doesn't weaken it much there if at all, and why Jarvis is still keeping out Arhip is mystifying, our experienced players will have to play very well for us to get a win here, the weather could have a big bearing on this game and the forecast is very poor.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 08 May 2015, 8:14 am

It's going to pish down all day here in Swansea but hopefully clear up at k.o time...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 08 May 2015, 9:08 am

Well, tonight will be the night then. I am finishing before dinner today, leaving everything in the capable hands of my store manager. I am going for a quick shave and a haircut, got to look tidy every now and then haven't you. Then me and my brother will watch the game tonight, and the girls and my nephew will spend some quality time in Franky and Bennys. I cannot wait for this one, I hope for a good game and for Ospreys to win. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Fri 08 May 2015, 2:32 pm

what channel is tonights game on, doesn't seem to be on alba?

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 08 May 2015, 2:41 pm

Majestic83 wrote:what channel is tonights game on, doesn't seem to be on alba?

BBCW, with Dragons-Edinburgh game not on tv this is poor form from Alba not showing rugby tonight..

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 08 May 2015, 2:56 pm

Probably not enough funding left - they have shown a lot of games this year!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 08 May 2015, 3:07 pm

Interesting/welcome from a soapdodger perspective that the weather is likely to plan to the advantage of the one thing Duncan Weir is good at.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 08 May 2015, 3:34 pm

George Carlin wrote:Interesting/welcome from a soapdodger perspective that the weather is likely to plan to the advantage of the one thing Duncan Weir is good at.

Eating pies??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 08 May 2015, 3:34 pm

Maj, it's also under the RED BUTTON on BBC if you can't get BBC 2 Wales, 960 ish on Sky I think.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 08 May 2015, 3:36 pm

jimbopip wrote:

Maj, it's also under the RED BUTTON on BBC if you can't get BBC 2 Wales, 960 ish on Sky I think.

Be careful which 900 channel you press on Sky - the early 900s are 'mummy and daddies who love each other very much' channels.

Or so I've been told... Whistle

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 08 May 2015, 3:37 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Interesting/welcome from a soapdodger perspective that the weather is likely to plan to the advantage of the one thing Duncan Weir is good at.

Eating pies??

Actually with Meatball & Hornee offering a right/left foot kicking option I see the O's back three spending a lot of time gazing up at the floodlights.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 08 May 2015, 3:41 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

Be careful which 900 channel you press on Sky - the early 900s are 'mummy and daddies who love each other very much' channels.

Or so I've been told... Whistle

Yes, it used to be that the early 900 channels were the BBC regional variations and the later ones were the dead-eyed, bored , tattooed ladies in their undies pointing at mobile phones (or so I've been told). Oh the fun we had when they changed over and I went looking for Hugh Dan the Heedrum Hodrum man one Friday evening. Shocked

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 08 May 2015, 4:21 pm

OK. This is huge and now as a Peoples Republic (thanks Jimbo clap ) Glasgow must 'get with the programme' here. Strong side despite a calamity of injuries. Take a point here tbh and then give it tight to Ulster next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 08 May 2015, 5:28 pm

jimbopip wrote:

Fingers crossed the red button works, if not I'll be hunched over my computer tonight.
On that note you can stream BBC Wales on Iplayer yeah?

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 08 May 2015, 5:49 pm

GLove39 wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

Fingers crossed the red button works, if not I'll be hunched over my computer tonight.
On that note you can stream BBC Wales on Iplayer yeah?
Yes. If you have trouble, go to the TV Guide on iPlayer and use the 'Change location' location option at the bottom of the screen to select the mystical principality.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 08 May 2015, 6:12 pm

"A calamity of injuries" could be my new favourite collective noun, after an exfoliation of Luvvies, a Machiavell of Morningside voters or a Bludgeon of Harleys.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 08 May 2015, 7:35 pm

This is absolutely huge. This is me:

COME ON GLASGOW!!!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 08 May 2015, 7:43 pm

Another injury to add to the list

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 08 May 2015, 7:48 pm

Penalty for contesting the ball at the lineout, terrible call here

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 08 May 2015, 7:51 pm

Clown shoes at his pedantic best here against both teams!

Thought that Tupiric turnover should have been a Glasgow pen - he didn't release the player then played the ball on the ground.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 08 May 2015, 7:55 pm

Held up

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 08 May 2015, 7:56 pm

This hasn't been grounded surely

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 08 May 2015, 7:59 pm

Never knew you couldn't kick if you'd come on as a concussion replacement.

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next