The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any way to avoid Sky's woeful commentary this weekend?

+13
Hammersmith harrier
milkyboy
BoxingFan88
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
Nico the gman
Coxy001
Dipper Brown
Rowley
AdamT
Rodney
hampo17
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
17 posters

Go down

Any way to avoid Sky's woeful commentary this weekend? Empty Any way to avoid Sky's woeful commentary this weekend?

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:19 pm

This isn't a question about streaming as I've ordered the box office from Sky but I just can't face Jim Watt's repetitive shouting plus whoever's alongside him. I had a look at the 5 Live schedule and they don't appear to be covering the fight. The obvious answer is to press mute but I can't see that adding much of an atmosphere. Is there any way to (legally) get another commentary soundtrack?

Back to top Go down

Any way to avoid Sky's woeful commentary this weekend? Empty Re: Any way to avoid Sky's woeful commentary this weekend?

Post by hampo17 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Sadly not.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Any way to avoid Sky's woeful commentary this weekend? Empty Re: Any way to avoid Sky's woeful commentary this weekend?

Post by Rodney Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:23 pm

So Sky are letting Halling and Watt loose on this one, I'm in the same boat as you mate. Also the tedious presenting by Smith, Nelson and co will take some patience. Would prefer a blank screen and  just get the broadcast of the fights without the nonsense from guests in the studio and their pointless questions, that goes the same for Boxnation when Bunce and Steve Lillis don't shut up right until the point the bell rings.

In other words mate , we're stuck with it.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:26 pm

wear ear plugs, turn the volume down and perhaps do your own running commentary with a karaoke mic?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:29 pm

Maybe you could do some damage the speakers on your TV by making incisions in them with razors or rubbing sandpaper on them. Not sure if this will work scientifically, but it might make them sound like Bane off Batman. This will do nothing to change the drivel they are talking but might make it amusing for a small portion of the broadcast.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:29 pm

Pour custard in your ears?

One thing is for certain. With Watt on commentary, this won't be a close fight. He's already decided who's won and won't deviate from that script, regardless of a Knockout, retirement or interruption from the fan man.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:

One thing is for certain. With Watt on commentary, this won't be a close fight. He's already decided who's won and won't deviate from that script, regardless of a Knockout, retirement or interruption from the fan man.

And in case you missed one of his points, he'll repeat it 7 times, increasing the volume every time...

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:32 pm

You know it, Captain.

Also, 'Kell Brook will fancy his chances', 'We've seen nothing so far that will bother our own Kell Brook', 'As a Mexican, Pacquaio is teak tough' will all be said by Halling. Basically we'll all be £20 poorer and a lot dumber at the end of the broadcast.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Watt seems to fancy Mayweather for this.

Manny is just after landing a 5 punch combo to Floyds head, his arms hang at his waist.

Jims take!

"Lovely defence from Floyd there, He caught them punches with his gloves, nothing landed!"

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:33 pm

1) Mute button
2) Listen to 5 live in sync with the fight
3) Get your missus to commentate (would be an improvement)
4) Kidnap them

Off the top of my head. I'm just not sure who Watt is going to woefully decide that he wants to support and thus make some of the worse calls you'll see, not to mention his card that will be miles off and he'll say it's a disgrace. Sensible money is on Floyd giving a boxing masterclass, winning 118-110 and Watt having it 114-113 to Manny.

We should do a sweepstake on how many times Watt & Halling mention Hatton during the broadcast.... I'm going for 56 times in 12 rounds.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:33 pm

Why not do this? May make it slightly more enjoyable than sitting on a very large spike.

Any way to avoid Sky's woeful commentary this weekend? OpsQ1wN

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Coxy001 wrote:1) Mute button
2) Listen to 5 live in sync with the fight
3) Get your missus to commentate (would be an improvement)
4) Kidnap them

Off the top of my head. I'm just not sure who Watt is going to woefully decide that he wants to support and thus make some of the worse calls you'll see, not to mention his card that will be miles off and he'll say it's a disgrace. Sensible money is on Floyd giving a boxing masterclass, winning 118-110 and Watt having it 114-113 to Manny.

We should do a sweepstake on how many times Watt & Halling mention Hatton during the broadcast.... I'm going for 56 times in 12 rounds.

yeah and probably mention Khan and Brook another 20 times each. Thern the words masterclass and nothing landed!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Jim Watt, will cover every possible aspect of this fight, Mayweather or Pacquiao are not finding the range, either fighter doesn't seem to be able to live with the pace, either fighter seems to be tiring.

Well done Jim, spot on again with your analysis, what would Sky and boxing fans do without your knowledge, you called it right again.

It's a bit like  backing every horse in a race your sure to have the winner.
Do us all a favour Watt retire.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:52 pm

"That's a disgrace Jim he's giving Barker a count....Disgraceful !!"

"Oh it was a body shot but the referee was in our way!!"

Take a hike Halling.......The worst commentator I've ever heard...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:53 pm

To be fair to Jim, Halling makes him look great!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:55 pm

AdamT wrote:To be fair to Jim, Halling makes him look great!

Calm down a bit there fella! "great" ?! Headscratch

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:55 pm

Yeah ?Halling would make my mum look great!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:57 pm

She already does Wink

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Jim "That's the good news" Watt...........No attempt at bias there !!

"Although I've got Floyd way ahead let's hope the judges are rewarding aggression !!"

Integrity is alive and well in SKY land.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Cool My mum wouldn't blow you for charity fella!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Macmillan would disagree.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:02 pm

AdamT wrote: Cool My mum wouldn't blow you for charity fella!!

Get me out of my Mother-in-law's birthday party on Saturday night and I'll make a sizeable donation.. Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Get a small pipette of acid and gradually drip it into your ears...take an heroic amount of acid before watching the fight...get mate round, ask him to wear headphones and repeat what's being said but only after inhaling a lot of helium...get an elderly relative round to do the same but with the added effect of it appearing to be a game of boxing related squeaky voiced Chinese whispers

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue May 05, 2015 4:47 pm

As for Sky commentary , Is Carl Froch now one of the biggest pr1cks in boxing ? Only him could constantly refer talking about himself in such massive event. Only hope he fights DeGale and they smash the living daylights out of one another.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue May 05, 2015 4:52 pm

Sky are useless, I never want to hear them commentate on a fight again, unless they bring back Ian Darke. They literally decide who they want to win the fight before it even happens!

Give me Barry Jones and John Rawling any day of the week

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue May 05, 2015 4:53 pm

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue May 05, 2015 4:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"That's a disgrace Jim he's giving Barker a count....Disgraceful !!"

"Oh it was a body shot but the referee was in our way!!"

Take a hike Halling.......The worst commentator I've ever heard...

Best part was when he was talking about his rise to the top to commentate on the Floyd fight. "Hard to believe that I was commentating on 4 rounders just 3 years ago"

Should have stayed commentating on them, you are utterly useless

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 05, 2015 4:54 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Sky are useless, I never want to hear them commentate on a fight again, unless they bring back Ian Darke. They literally decide who they want to win the fight before it even happens!

Give me Barry Jones and John Rawling any day of the week

In fairness Halling and watt called it for Mayweather... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue May 05, 2015 5:44 pm

Only halling could get someone pining for rawling.

Ian darke is the only decent commentator this side of the pond since dear old reg hung up his wooden leg.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Rodney wrote:As for Sky commentary , Is Carl Froch now one of the biggest pr1cks in boxing ?

There was one point I thought they had changed the name of Wembley to Wembley stadium, 80,000.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue May 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Did you know he knocked out George Groves in a conclusive ending !

Sheer admiration for his minerals as a fighter but what a self obsessed knob.

Cheers, rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 05, 2015 6:27 pm

Froch is so insecure it's almost laughable..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue May 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Froch is a British boxing legend, you lot should show him a bit more respect.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Froch is a British boxing legend, you lot should show him a bit more respect.

Laugh I respect him highly................He's a British Larry Holmes though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue May 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Hammy's right. You lot should show the massive international superstar some respect.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue May 05, 2015 7:41 pm

Why is there a constant need to discuss a boxers personality rather than you know his boxing ability.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue May 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Froch is comedy gold if you can get the past him being a massive insecure, hypocirtical bumhole thing.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue May 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Why is there a constant need to discuss a boxers personality rather than you know his boxing ability.

I guess we're all human... Excepting maybe strongy who's from krypton and jbw whose flying saucer crash landed here from an as yet undiscovered planet.... and bitching is what we do best.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 05, 2015 8:36 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Why is there a constant need to discuss a boxers personality rather than you know his boxing ability.

I guess we're all human... Excepting maybe strongy who's from krypton and jbw whose flying saucer crash landed here from an as yet undiscovered planet.... and bitching is what we do best.

Not to worry, Froch seems confident in his own abilities and his legacy to not let a bit of online criticism get him down.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue May 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Nobodies doubting Froch as a boxer. If he wants to be a pundit he will rightfully be judged for that too, good or bad.

I thought he was arrogant to the extreme, especially considering he was a novice

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue May 05, 2015 9:18 pm

Rowley wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Not to worry, Froch seems confident in his own abilities and his legacy to not let a bit of online criticism get him down.

Unlike we two (who maintain a dignified impartiality) rowley, I do worry that those who mock may be subject to a 'woodhouse' visit and find them selves 'cobrad'.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue May 05, 2015 9:37 pm

Hearn said Froch was being a joker and we didn't get it. Er... OK?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue May 05, 2015 9:53 pm

... Oh so he's not needy and self obsessed after all. How stupid do all the knockers feel now? Maybe eddie should tell his boy to work on his cheeky chappy wink though. In jokes don't really cut the mustard on national tv.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by neilodonnell Tue May 05, 2015 9:56 pm

I saw Hearn saying that...as if he was joking!!

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down