The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 English clubs in the Pro 12??

+31
Jenifer McLadyboy
asoreleftshoulder
George Carlin
Irish Londoner
BamBam
wolfball
ScarletSpiderman
beshocked
LordDowlais
InjuredYetAgain
Dubbelyew L Overate
The Great Aukster
Welsh Magician
VinceWLB
TJ
doctor_grey
wrfc1980
LondonTiger
LeinsterFan4life
BigGee
HammerofThunor
Sin é
Exiledinborders
lostinwales
Steffan
SecretFly
Shifty
jimbopip
Notch
No 7&1/2
Chunky Norwich
35 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

2 English clubs in the Pro 12?? - Page 10 Empty 2 English clubs in the Pro 12??

Post by Chunky Norwich Sun 03 May 2015, 11:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Being reported today that London Scottish and London Welsh are being lined up to play in the pro12.....if the Italian teams don't pay money owed to the league.

Fantastic news that English teams are already touted as playing in what could be an early British and Irish League. Even if it doesn't happen, these increasingly frequent bits and bobs are only the beginning of what is to come.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

2 English clubs in the Pro 12?? - Page 10 Empty Re: 2 English clubs in the Pro 12??

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 10:53 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:Part of the problem with the pro12 is that it's separate mechanisms are so diverse. So when you have a crunch tie being officiated by a person that is employed by the same organisation as one set of players but not the other, it means the whole process is open to questioning.

I agree with that 100%, and perhaps this is something that needs looking at to improve our league.

Chunky Norwich wrote:Maybe the answer is to chuck the Welsh out so they can start a competition with someone else.

Disagree with that 100%. Also, your infatuation with the English is getting a little embarrassing now, we need to make what we have better, not leave it and join somebody else's setup.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

2 English clubs in the Pro 12?? - Page 10 Empty Re: 2 English clubs in the Pro 12??

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 10:54 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Disagree with that 100%. Also, your infatuation with the English is getting a little embarrassing now, we need to make what we have better, not leave it and join somebody else's setup.

I see it less infatuation, and more survival instinct.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 10:56 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:Looking at the SWALEC Cup thread can someone explain how everything wrong with Welsh rugby is Ireland and/or the PRO12s fault?

What is it with the Irish and using sarcasm when they look as though they are losing a debate ? When have anybody on here ever said that the problems in Welsh rugby are the fault of the Irish ?

What we have said is that the failings of the Pro12 are down to ALL of us, but the perfect Irish on here want to dismiss any responsibility for their part in it. We are addressing our issues now, so thank god for the Irish, we would never be able to do it without them, they are not at fault for our problems, they are our saviours. Rolling Eyes

Also, the SWALEC cup thread is just another chance for the holier than though in Wales to have a bash at Pontypridd.

I notice it's only you disagreeing on the thread, so if the majority has one opinion and you have another, who has the holier than thou attitude really?

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 10:57 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote: Wales and Ireland have twice the amount of opportunities than that of Scotland and Italy for getting the final.

No they don't.

Yes they do, if every one puts a bid in, that is 4 bids for Wales, 4 bids for Ireland, 2 bids for Scotland and 2 bids for Italy. 4 against 2 is twice the amount simple maths. If each union put bids in, then that is one bid each.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 10:59 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote: Wales and Ireland have twice the amount of opportunities than that of Scotland and Italy for getting the final.

No they don't.

Yes they do, if every one puts a bid in, that is 4 bids for Wales, 4 bids for Ireland, 2 bids for Scotland and 2 bids for Italy. 4 against 2 is twice the amount simple maths. If each union put bids in, then that is one bid each.

But everyone can't put a bid in.

Talk me through the Scarlets bid given what we know about the eligibility rules.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 07 May 2015, 10:59 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Neither clubs or unions should dominate

I am not talking about domination, I am talking about each union putting a bid in for their country. If you like, you could then have each Branch/region/club putting a bid in with their union to host it at their ground. But that is going too far. I reckon it should be done country to country, not club to club. Wales and Ireland have twice the amount of opportunities than that of Scotland and Italy for getting the final. Is that fair ?

Yep, the four unions could be told that they have to bid for it by the 12 clubs. Wonder how that will work out?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 10:59 am

Risca Rev wrote:I notice it's only you disagreeing on the thread, so if the majority has one opinion and you have another, who has the holier than thou attitude really?

That might be because I am the only Pontypridd supporter on here. The rest of you have never lost your region, but that is not for this debate.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 11:04 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:Talk me through the Scarlets bid given what we know about the eligibility rules.

Sorry perhaps I should have explained myself better.

I am talking hypothetically Chunk. Potentially in Wales we have twice the amount of bids. Interestingly though, I would like to see if Munster would meet the current believed criteria, does Limerick have two 5 star stadiums in the vacinity of Thommond Park ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 11:07 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:Talk me through the Scarlets bid given what we know about the eligibility rules.

I am talking hypothetically Chunk. Potentially in Wales we have twice the amount of bids. Interestingly though, I would like to see if Munster would meet the current believed criteria, does Limerick have two 5 star stadiums in the vacinity of Thommond Park ?

"Hypothetically" doesn't come into it though does it. Because the eligibility rules automatically rule certain grounds out. (quite alot of them)

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 07 May 2015, 11:12 am

LordDowlais wrote:

5 star stadiums??

The criteria reported so far do not say the hotels need to be in the vicinity of the proposed stadium. That's your wording. there are plenty of 5 star hotels in the Limerick region within easy access of Thomond.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 11:14 am

Anyway. An interesting update:

London Welsh and London Scottish have had talks with the Pro12 League over the possibility of quitting the English leagues for the Celtic competition.

Standard Sport can confirm the clubs have held “informal” discussions but there are significant hurdles to clear if they are to eventually join the tournament which features Welsh, Irish, Scottish and Italian teams.

The clubs are members of the Welsh Rugby Union and Scottish Rugby Union respectively, as well as the Rugby Football Union, and any move would need the agreement of all three governing bodies.

The attraction for the Pro12 League of including the Welsh and Scottish exiles is that it would open up potential financial links with the City of London.

Tomorrow, London Scottish play the second leg of their Championship play-off semi-final at Worcester, trailing the tie by five points, but their Richmond ground does not meet Premiership criteria, so they cannot be promoted.

London Welsh, meanwhile, are heading back to the Championship after a season in which they have lost all 30 games. Their head coach Rowland Phillips is adamant that reports about a switch of leagues are not impacting on his squad.

He said: “Talk about the Pro12 isn’t a distraction and all I can say is that it’s an interesting thought but just speculation at the moment.”

Phillips, who replaced Justin Burnell as head coach in March having initially joined as defence coach, is confident Welsh can win promotion next term and has already signed 16 players for the campaign.

There are still a couple of games to go this term, with Welsh facing possibly their two toughest tests. On Saturday they go to reigning champions Northampton and they then host title-chasing Saracens a week later.

Phillips, who was interviewing another prospective signing yesterday, said: “The key focus for us is an immediate return to the Premiership from what is a very tough Championship.

“We are signing new guys but have also retained players because you don’t want to lose the essence of what we are about as a squad.

“Playing Northampton away and then Saracens at home in the final game would be a big ask for anyone in the Premiership but we are used to this kind of challenge.

“I don’t know how the players have been fronting up every week after some heavy defeats and it gives you hope that we have a group who are ambitious. That helped with my decision to accept the role of head coach.

“We won’t bow down and get flogged in these last two games — we will continue to fight and show pride.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/rugby/london-welsh-and-london-scottish-could-quit-english-rugby-as-clubs-hold-talks-over-switch-to-pro12-league-10231438.html

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 11:18 am

Pot Hale wrote:5 star stadiums??

Sorry I meant hotels, I am getting my words in a muddle. laughing

Also, I am pretty sure I heard that the hotels needed to be in the vicinity of the stadiums, in fact I am positive I have heard it.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 07 May 2015, 11:19 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

"Hypothetically" doesn't come into it though does it. Because the eligibility rules automatically rule certain grounds out. (quite alot of them)

The phrase "eligibility rules" is misleading. The criterion for minimum stadium size has been around for a few years - similar to a lot of other leagues and competitions. The reported statements from Pro12 indicate that Pro12 venues did not have to be used in the bid, and partnerships with others could be considered.

However, this comes back to finding out why 10 of the clubs decided not to bid, when clearly a number of them could have done so, based on the criteria known about. And I don't believe for a moment, that any club decided not to bid because of not having two 5 star hotels to provide for the finalists' use.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 11:23 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Also, I am pretty sure I heard that the hotels needed to be in the vicinity of the stadiums, in fact I am positive I have heard it.

They are for the teams, so of course they need to be near the stadium venue.

Makes me laugh that Cardiff hosted a world cup final but wasn't deemed good enough for the Pro12 final this year.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 11:24 am

We will never know though PH, because we are not privvy to the criteria's. For what ever reason these eligibility rules are not open to the public, now I ask, why would they not let us all know what these criteria's are ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 11:25 am

Pot Hale wrote:

The phrase "eligibility rules" is misleading.   The criterion for minimum stadium size has been around for a few years - similar to a lot of other leagues and competitions.   The reported statements from Pro12 indicate that Pro12 venues did not have to be used in the bid, and partnerships with others could be considered.  

However, this comes back to finding out why 10 of the clubs decided not to bid, when clearly a number of them could have done so, based on the criteria known about.  And I don't believe for a moment, that any club decided not to bid because of not having two 5 star hotels to provide for the finalists' use.

Glasgow clearly nominated a nearby stadium because they were going well in the league and thought there was a good chance of getting Scottish rugby fans to rugby park. So what venues would the Scarlets or Dragons nominate for hosting it? And why would they do this?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 11:34 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:I notice it's only you disagreeing on the thread, so if the majority has one opinion and you have another, who has the holier than thou attitude really?

That might be because I am the only Pontypridd supporter on here. The rest of you have never lost your region, but that is not for this debate.

Perhaps post your holier than thou nonsense on that thread then and I'll happily shoot you down later on that instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 11:39 am

Risca Rev wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Perhaps post your holier than thou nonsense on that thread then and I'll happily shoot you down later on that instead.

I already have done, I am just done with arguing about it now, it's not worth it, are you looking for an argument though ? Or are you just trying to get me to bite for some reason ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 07 May 2015, 11:46 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

They are for the teams, so of course they need to be near the stadium venue.

Makes me laugh that Cardiff hosted a world cup final but wasn't deemed good enough for the Pro12 final this year.

Do you understand how a bidding system works? And where has more quality hotels- Cardiff, Wales or Kilmarnock, Ayrshire?

The latter was the only other option considered as potential hosts- because that was where the only other bidder wanted to hold it. If Cardiff was not deemed good enough, they would have had to have bid and been rejected.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 11:49 am

Notch wrote:

Do you understand how a bidding system works? And where has more four star hotels- Cardiff, Wales or Kilmarnock, Ayrshire?

The latter was the only other option considered as potential hosts- because that was where the only other bidder wanted to hold it.

Yes, I understand that, but thanks for reiterating.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 07 May 2015, 11:51 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Notch wrote:

Do you understand how a bidding system works? And where has more four star hotels- Cardiff, Wales or Kilmarnock, Ayrshire?

The latter was the only other option considered as potential hosts- because that was where the only other bidder wanted to hold it.

Yes, I understand that, but thanks for reiterating.

If Cardiff was not deemed good enough, they would have had to have bid and been rejected. They did not bid.

Tell me Chunky, are you constantly sitting at home grousing about the lottery being a conspiracy as you've never won it- despite the fact you've never even bought a ticket? Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 07 May 2015, 11:56 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Yes, Limerick has a couple of 5 star hotels:

1. Savoy www.savoylimerick.com‎

2. Hilton www.hilton.com/Limerick‎

3. Adare Manor www.adaremanor.com

4. Dromoland Castle www.dromoland.ie/

It also has an international airport 26km away.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 07 May 2015, 11:57 am

The Welsh regions are sitting watching from the sidelines to see how popular this new format for the Final is before they risk bidding to host an event they might not be able to make a return on- and thats fine, prudent even. If they put in bids in future years and these were ignored regardless of their quality you'd have a point. And I would be equally upset if Wales did not get their fair share- I've said it time and time again, I want Welsh rugby to be a strong part of the Pro12. I have no quarrel with them.

But moaning about not being chosen for the Final in it's first year, when you haven't put in a bid to host the Final, is obviously nonsense. How can you say they haven't been deemed worthy when every single region has actively refused to bid for the Final? If they don't get the final in the first three or four years, eyebrows will be raised. If they don't get it within five or six years it will be a scandal. Not getting it the first year when they didn't even bid? Hmm.

Last edited by Notch on Thu 07 May 2015, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 11:57 am

Notch wrote:
If Cardiff was not deemed good enough, they would have had to have bid and been rejected.

Why peddle this when you know it's not true?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 11:58 am

Sin é wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

1.  Savoy www.savoylimerick.com‎

2.  Hilton  www.hilton.com/Limerick‎

4.  Dromoland Castle   www.dromoland.ie/

Are these hotels in the vicinity of the stadium though ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 12:01 pm

Notch wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Notch wrote:
If Cardiff was not deemed good enough, they would have had to have bid and been rejected.  

Why peddle this when you know it's not true?

Because it is true.

Except it's not. As you know. Because presumably you can read?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 12:02 pm

Notch wrote:But moaning about not being chosen for the Final in it's first year, when you haven't put in a bid to host the Final, is obviously nonsense. How can you say they haven't been deemed worthy when every single region has actively refused to bid for the Final.

Notch, what Chunky is saying, is that if the criteria/eligibility rules are to be believed, then NONE of the Welsh grounds would have passed anyway, so what was the point in bidding. National stadiums were not being considered so that was Cardiff out of the reckoning, and none of the others had this 5 start hotel bollox, so that was the rest of them out of the reckoning, hopefully next year, national stadiums WILL be considered, because if they are not, guess where the final will have to be held again.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 12:08 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Notch, what Chunky is saying, is that if the criteria/eligibility rules are to be believed, then NONE of the Welsh grounds would have passed anyway, so what was the point in bidding. National stadiums were not being considered so that was Cardiff out of the reckoning, and none of the others had this 5 start hotel bollox, so that was the rest of them out of the reckoning, hopefully next year, national stadiums WILL be considered, because if they are not, guess where the final will have to be held again.

It's like saying that I could have been chosen for the Lions Tour if I'd washed my kit and played some rugby in 2012.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 07 May 2015, 12:10 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Sin é wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

1.  Savoy www.savoylimerick.com‎

2.  Hilton  www.hilton.com/Limerick‎

4.  Dromoland Castle   www.dromoland.ie/

Are these hotels in the vicinity of the stadium though ?

Two are in the city. Adare Manor is 19km away and Dromoland is 26k from Limerick (on the Shannon Airport side).

The Clarion which is just beside the stadium is 4* and the one most of the visiting teams use.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 07 May 2015, 12:15 pm

Dowlais and Chunky really should just get a room!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 07 May 2015, 12:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Notch wrote:But moaning about not being chosen for the Final in it's first year, when you haven't put in a bid to host the Final, is obviously nonsense. How can you say they haven't been deemed worthy when every single region has actively refused to bid for the Final.

These eligibility rules are being interpreted as some gospel that will govern every subsequent year when in reality they are preferences expressed for this years process. There has been no evidence produced that these are not subject to change- in fact, reason would suggest they are subject to change as this first year is really a big experiment and most of the eligibility rules have been inherited from the old format anyway.

Each bid is assessed on it's merits. It's like advertising for a job. You list what you want in a candidate and you pick the one who comes closest to those requirements. If none fit the bill- well, unlike some jobs the Pro12 can't leave the position vacant. Someone has to host the Final. And there is no way that if the Welsh regions apply every year they will be perpetually ignored. That is simply cloud-cuckoo land conspiracy country. The way that the Final announcement for this year was handled was pretty incompetent and extremely poor PR, but despite what people like Chunky would have you believe the majority of people in Irish Rugby understand fine well that we need a strong competition and strong teams from all nations contributing to it. The vision for the Final will include Wales.

What has happened this year is the regions have deliberately sidelined themselves- with good reason. And that's their prerogative as businesses not to take the risk. But the success of this format will rely on both the regions and the league meeting each other halfway to ensure appropriate representation of Wales as a Final Destination over the next decade. Thats crucial for the Pro12s credibility, and therefore its crucial for every union involved. IRFU included. People like our resident ray of sunlight will search as hard as they can for negatives in everything, but I honestly think that the regions will get out what they put in as far as this is concerned.

Finally, as to the highlighted point- why can't Cardiff City Stadium be considered even if the Millennium isn't?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 12:24 pm

Notch wrote:

Each bid is assessed on it's merits. It's like advertising for a job.

So would you apply for a job as a female model?

In the same way, certain clubs can't apply for the final venue because they don't meet the criteria from the offset.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 12:28 pm

Notch wrote:These eligibility rules are being interpreted as some gospel that will govern every subsequent year when in reality they are preferences expressed for this years process. There has been no evidence produced that these are not subject to change- in fact, reason would suggest they are subject to change as this first year is really a big experiment and most of the eligibility rules have been inherited from the old format anyway.

Yes, I know, that is why I said I hope the consider the national stadiums for next year.

Notch wrote:Each bid is assessed on it's merits. It's like advertising for a job. You list what you want in a candidate and you pick the one who comes closest to those requirements. If none fit the bill- well, unlike some jobs the Pro12 can't leave the position vacant. Someone has to host the Final. And there is no way that if the Welsh regions apply every year they will be perpetually ignored. That is simply cloud-cuckoo land conspiracy country. The way that the Final announcement for this year was handled was pretty incompetent and extremely poor PR, but despite what people like Chunky would have you believe the majority of people in Irish Rugby understand fine well that we need a strong competition and strong teams from all nations contributing to it. The vision for the Final will include Wales.

Yes, I know how it works, and I too agree that we all want a strong league. But unless we are all allowed to see what the criteria is we are all going on what is to be believed, and if we are to believe the criteria, then only Ireland can host the final this year.

Notch wrote:Finally, as to the highlighted point- why can't Cardiff City Stadium be considered even if the Millennium isn't?

Because the MS is in the middle of the city, right smack bang surrounded by hotels and bars and shops and train and bus stations, the Cardiff City stadium is about 2 or 3 miles away in Leckwith on the outskirts of the city, surrounded by industrial parks and small businesses, and car sales and the what not.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 12:30 pm

Is the Cardiff City Stadium "within it's own Union's jurisdiction" ?

Similarly, perhaps that's why rugby park, Kilmarnock was not chosen?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 07 May 2015, 12:32 pm

Isn't it remarkable how similar to Hysteria 'Criteria' is?

Maybe it's the same word in disguise? Although no disguising the sameness on these pages Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 12:37 pm

SecretFly wrote:Isn't it remarkable how similar to Hysteria 'Criteria' is?

Maybe it's the same word in disguise?  Although no disguising the sameness on these pages Wink

Hilarious

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 07 May 2015, 12:40 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:Is the Cardiff City Stadium "within it's own Union's jurisdiction" ?

Within Wales? Yes. Under control of the Union? No. I would not interpret that line in the second fashion, I think it's the first. Obviously dedicated rugby stadiums are better and cheaper options, as the bidding side would have to cover the cost of stadium hire etc.

I think you can find a dozen reasons why Rugby Park was not chosen to be honest.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 07 May 2015, 12:40 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:Is the Cardiff City Stadium "within it's own Union's jurisdiction" ?

I'd imagine what they mean there is that there is a good chance of plenty of local support - in a game of Ospreys v Ulster in Aberdeen, would Glasgow fans go to it?

Lets not forget that the final has to make money to a) pay at least the cost of the teams involved and b) provide some money for prizemoney, payment of officials etc.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 12:45 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Ah! You're the only Pontypridd fan in the village. It all makes sense now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 12:46 pm

Sin é wrote:Lets not forget that the final has to make money to a) pay at least the cost of the teams involved and b) provide some money for prizemoney, payment of officials etc.

I actually agree with this, and if the Pro12 blazers came out and said that from the start I would not be so peeved still, OK, I would have been annoyed at the start, but at least I would have seen their point. But to come out with all this criteria rubbish, that they will not even share with the public, it really does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 12:48 pm

Munchkin wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Ah! You're the only Pontypridd fan in the village. It all makes sense now Very Happy

Laugh cheeky.

But I think steffan is another on here, we just have not seen him since we lost to Bridgend on Sunday. Crying or Very sad

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 12:48 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:5 star stadiums??

Sorry I meant hotels, I am getting my words in a muddle. laughing

Where? On Gwlad? There is no evidence online to suggest that two 5* hotels need to be close to the hosting stadium.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 12:50 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Laugh cheeky.

But I think steffan is another on here, we just have not seen him since we lost to Bridgend on Sunday. Crying or Very sad

Sackcloth and ashes I think. He will return after his period of mourning Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 07 May 2015, 12:52 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Sin é wrote:Lets not forget that the final has to make money to a) pay at least the cost of the teams involved and b) provide some money for prizemoney, payment of officials etc.

I actually agree with this, and if the Pro12 blazers came out and said that from the start I would not be so peeved still, OK, I would have been annoyed at the start, but at least I would have seen their point. But to come out with all this criteria rubbish, that they will not even share with the public, it really does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

You seriously need to be told that they need to make money? Shocked
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 May 2015, 12:54 pm

Sin é wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

You seriously need to be told that they need to make money? Shocked

No I am saying I agree with you.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 12:56 pm

Munchkin wrote:There is no evidence online to suggest that two 5* hotels need to be close to the hosting stadium.

Logic dictates that if they are accomodating the players, then they would need to be in the vicinity.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 07 May 2015, 1:03 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Isn't it remarkable how similar to Hysteria 'Criteria' is?

Maybe it's the same word in disguise?  Although no disguising the sameness on these pages Wink

Hilarious

Don't worry about it, that's one word your personality has little use for, Chunk... Wink

Back to Criteria.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 1:03 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote:There is no evidence online to suggest that two 5* hotels need to be close to the hosting stadium.

Logic dictates that if they are accomodating the players, then they would need to be in the vicinity.

Within an hours travels I would think anyway. That's why I asked if the alleged two 5* hotels are for corporate or for the teams? I can understand the requirement for corporate purposes, but not for the teams. 4* hotels would do just as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 07 May 2015, 1:07 pm

Munchkin wrote:
Within an hours travels I would think anyway. That's why I asked if the alleged two 5* hotels are for corporate or for the teams? I can understand the requirement for corporate purposes, but not for the teams. 4* hotels would do just as well.

The All Blacks and most other sports teams that have ever visited Wales certainly seem to think so.

So you wonder why this extra special red carpet is insisted on for the Pro12 teams. Maybe it's because it's the best league in the world.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 1:12 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

The All Blacks and most other sports teams that have ever visited Wales certainly seem to think so.

So you wonder why this extra special red carpet is insisted on for the Pro12 teams. Maybe it's because it's the best league in the world.

I don't know, but I think if there is a requirement of two 5* hotels then it will be for corporate. Have to keep them sweet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next