The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+39
Stella
Azzy
CFCNick
TRUSSMAN66
wadey101
sportform
MIG
lfc91
Breadvan
hampo17
socal1976
Mat
wheelchair1991
NickisBHAFC
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Holymiky
Nakatomi Plaza
Lowlandbrit
Roberto Baggio
FIFA Diva
Steffan
Ent
kingraf
Liam
LivinginItaly
BamBam
Marky
FootballLight
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
westisbest
Hammersmith harrier
GSC
nadeem2099
Fernando
Hero
43 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 12 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hero Thu May 21, 2015 9:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last one went well...

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 12 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by westisbest Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:29 pm

yep agree.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 12 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Liam Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:11 pm

Smalling was excellent once again for utd as he was for the last half of last season. Kane hasn't seen the ball when up against Smalling. West Ham brilliant today but again Arsenal have ignored the areas they need to improve on, continuing their transfer policy of the last 10 years. No way are they winning the league atm. Neither will Utd/City as both desperately need a top quality centre half, yet it seems their both ignoring the issue.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:20 pm

The reason the top English sides will inevitably be found wanting again in Europe. Chelsea might have stagnated, but might not be punished, due to the dithering of LVG & Wenger. Still think City, if things click with Sterling, will no doubt be Chelsea's biggest threat. I just can't imagine Kompany either being as woeful as he was last season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Agreed John. Its amazing how they have neglected the obvious flaws. Utd sign Otamendi/Ramos, we become a serious threat imo. Can see Chelsea getting furtherest in the CL this year, but again can't see them making the final 4.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:10 pm

It's Arsenal's title to lose, my dear fellows.

United are on the way to disappearing from the title equation entirely, if they lose De Gea. Chelsea are predictable, sluggish. City don't have the driving force in midfield they so sorely need.

Arsenal have everything right for them this season, and they can't let this tremendous opportunity slip. Today, two goalkeeping errors cost them. Never mind, it happens.

Move on.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:21 pm

Duty281 wrote:Arsenal have everything right for them this season, and they can't let this tremendous opportunity slip. Today, two goalkeeping errors cost them. Never mind, it happens.

Move on.

Plus the inability to make chances, conceding chances and a lack of resolve.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:22 pm

Actually I believe Arsenal were beaten due to:

1. Lack of top class midfield enforcer (leader)
2. too one-dimensional
3. Lack of defensive leadership, defending the free kick and not closing down zarate
4. cech is not the keeper he once was

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:54 pm

Koscielny is the most overrated defender in the league....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Arsenal fans before and after the game today 

http://vine.co/v/MHpHdxiO7TV

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:15 am

Good day out in London village for Chelsea v Swans. A well deserved point if not a little disappionted we didn't nick the win. best stats by an away side on opening day at Chelsea since opta started recording them. Absolute joy watching Montero giving Ivanovic the run around. Great start..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:25 am

Olly wrote:Koscielny is the most overrated defender in the league....

i think he's alright, but certainly no where near best in the league like some have claimed. he often stands out because he's covering for mertesacker and looks very eye catching. but the best defenders are very rarely these last ditch type defenders who rely on pace to get him out of trouble. it often shows a lack of reading of the game to get in those postions in the first place. very very rarely you would see someone like rio having to dive in last minute

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:16 pm

West Brom: Myhill, Chester, Dawson, Lescott, Brunt, Morrison, Gardner, Fletcher, McClean, Lambert, Berahino.

Subs: Olsson, Yacob, Ideye, Anichebe, McManaman, Sessegnon, Rose.

Man City: Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernandinho, Jesus Navas, Silva, Sterling, Bony.

Subs: Zabaleta, Nasri, Aguero, Caballero, Demichelis, Denayer, Iheanacho.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Going for a home win

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:09 pm

WBA 0-1 Citeh - Yaya Toure. Big deflection rolled epically slowly into the net.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:24 pm

WBA 0-2 Citeh - Yaya Toure.

WBA been Arsenal-esque so far. Utterly sh*t

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:27 pm

The state of that west brom defence and midfield ffs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:33 pm

Lovely stuff...Like watching Barcelona.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Couldn't finish his dinner that boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:58 pm

John wrote:Couldn't finish his dinner that boy

Made a comment about that on a facebook page and got a reply from a super sensitive Citeh fan saying "It's his debut"

Yes, and? He's an experienced Premier League player and is through 1 v 1 with an average goalkeeper.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:09 pm

How did Chelsea get on..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:10 pm

37 games to go

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:17 pm

West Brom 0-3 Manchester City - Vincent Kompany

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:57 pm

Olly wrote:Koscielny is the most overrated defender in the league....
It's because he's left footed.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:05 pm

He's not though?

Standard fare. Surprised Pulis got his tactics wrong so early, and it was always going to be very difficult after that. You have to make it really uncomfortable for city with pressure on them when the defence have the ball. Was no energy in the West Brom side and the midfield looked really flat.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:28 am

Not a great performance from Liverpool at the weekend but a good result, Stoke away is a tough game and after the ridiculous result from last season it was going to have an added edge and importance. Fantastic goal from Coutinho. Robert Firminio looked bright when he came on, if a little over-eager and Emre Can was the real game changer, would like to him start behind Henderson and Milner in future rather than Lallana ahead. Can was very good at breaking up play and driving up the pitch, pushing the team forward. Also thought Clyne had a really good debut and Gomez didn't look like an 18 year old player at all. Even Lovren was alright. Benteke was very quiet but didn't get much opportunities, just hoping these long balls up to him that go nowhere aren't so frequent.

Always good to start with three points and am very happy with the depth in the squad which have severely lacked at times. Even with Sturridge out there are three decent strikers to pick from. If they are going to dip back into the market, I'd like to see another central midfielder brought in.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:54 am

Looking for Ibe and Clyne to gel sooner rather than later. With Lallana in support it could pay dividends

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:50 am

Lucas seems set to leave so you'd imagine work will be done to bring in another. You'd have to believe it's someone who will be comfortable with being on the bench as even if Liverpool play 3 in midfield it'll be Henderson, Milner and Can. Young player maybe, someone like Will Hughes. Although Joe Allen will be around once fit so probably isn't a necessity.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:19 am

Will Hughes did his knee in I think against Bolton
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:25 am

Confirmed as six months out with cruciate ligament for Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:31 pm

People have been rumouring Lucas to be leaving for years, I'll see it when I believe it. It has been reported several times this summer from journalists that tend to get these things right that Rodgers still has plans for Lucas. I doubt he'll be starting much but with the Europa League squad depth will come in handy and I imagine Lucas will be one of those used in European games. I'm hoping Can's performance at Stoke showed Rodgers that he should be the first choice defensive midfielder. 

I'm hoping we only see Allen sporadically, but I have this hope every year. He's so pointless as a player. Hence I'd like to see another central midfielder brought in, but outside of a big signing who'll push either Henderson or Milner out I can't really think of someone to bring in who might be happy to be a squad player.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:03 pm

As if Chelsea have actually demoted that physio for treating hazard I mean ffs she was doing her bloody job!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:06 am

Sakho was arrested (and released) other day on allegations of assault (his girlfriend the possible victim)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:02 am

Olly wrote:As if Chelsea have actually demoted that physio for treating hazard I mean ffs she was doing her bloody job!!

Hazard even asked for the medical staff, that's why the referee waved them on. 

Mourinho is losing the plot.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:44 am

Its pathetic stuff in fairness.

Some managers eh.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:17 pm

I presumed Jose was doing his normal stuff by taking the attention away from his poor performance?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:23 pm

it's certainly a strange situation over at Chelsea.

I can see Mourinho going silent in his press conferences to hide away from the fact he's a chauvinistic tosspiece.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Nobodies talking about the fact Chelsea went winless in preseason and should've lost to Swansea at home. Jose couldn't give a toss what the publics opinion of him is
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:48 pm

That's very true, GSC.

The spending by Chelsea doesn't seem to make sense. The signing of Falcao when they are desperate for another top striker alongside Costa didn't make sense.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:52 pm

As much as I wanted Mourinho back in the Premier League, he's already pushed me to the point where I can't wait to see him quit like a baby and toddle off abroad. The man has such arrogance, entirely unjustified, and appears to delight in winding people up and upsetting people. I would rather have a manager like Garry Monk than 100 Jose Mourinhos.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:34 pm

He's just become a parody of himself.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:31 pm

You kinda wonder, would Shaqiri sign for Stoke, and Cabaye for Palace if Pulis were still in charge of either?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:41 pm

A flurry of betting on Mourinho being the next PL manager to leave has begun.

I say.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:44 pm

Here's hoping Duty, such blatant and shameful misogyny has no place in this world, not that i'd expect anything better from anybody involved with Chelsea football club.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:53 pm

Duty281 wrote:A flurry of betting on Mourinho being the next PL manager to leave has begun.

I say.

Its the rumours of Roman not being happy. Got prior of a bust-up, and people will be starting to question.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:01 am

I think it's probably that if Eva & the guy wanted to they could sue for constructive dismissal. I wouldn't be surprised if Jose left at all he seems to be getting angrier by the week guess that's the consequence of standing still squad wise. All he's done really is lose Felipe Luis & Drogba and signed Rahman & Falcao?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 am

I do wonder why they care about the legal issue. Its not pretty, but it isn't Mourinho's fault if the legal team don't show any knowledge of employment law and let the rules be broken. But most importantly, it can have absolutely no financial cost to them really. It can only be thousands and Roman will s*** out that kinda money

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:10 am

Club perception has to come into as well to some degree, are sponsors going to be forthcoming for a club with a multitude of racism and 'sexism' scandals over the past few years?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:23 am

Looking forward to the game tonight.

Would like to see Gestede start.
With his ability in the air, hopefully cause utd's defence some problems.

Need to get at utd early, cause some problems for them.

Looking forward to seeing Amavi play, looks like he could be a good player.

Also Gueye & Veretout to. They could be good prospects.

Richards played well last week, hopefully him and Clark and have a good night, keep Rooney and co quiet.

A win would be great, but will go for a draw, wouldn't be a bad result either.

UTV.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:19 am

Don't need to worry about Shrek Westy, He ain't scored away from home in the league since November 2014 vs Arsenal Shocked

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:00 pm

Gestede was a pain in the backside when he played against Liverpool in the Cup last season. Don't think we won a single challenge against him. Could give Utd kittens if they can get the ball up to him

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next