The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

impact wrestling results for this thursday

+13
Crimey
more_awesome_than_a_ri
westisbest
hooplessnomore
Kay Fabe
Derbyblue
Adam D
ADMIN
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
hockeyking0011
AberdeenSteve
User Name
Fernando
17 posters

Go down

impact wrestling results for this thursday  Empty impact wrestling results for this thursday

Post by Fernando Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 pm

-The show opened with a brawl between ODB and Velvet Sky. This turns into a match which ODB wins. Miss Tessmacher helps Velvet Sky afterwards.

-We get a promo with Eric Bischoff in the ring. He calls out Beer Money and is threatening to strip them of the tag team titles. Alex Shelley comes out and announces that since Chris Sabin is out with an injury he will team with James Storm at Slammiversary against the British Invasion.

-We get a #1 Contender's Match for the X Title between Brian Kendrick and Kazarian. It goes to a time limit draw but when they get more time, Abyss comes out and interrupts the match resulting in no winner being announced.

-Crimson defeated Matt Hardy. After the match Samoa Joe comes out but is taken out by Crimson.

-Angelina Love defeated Miss Tessmacher

-Mr. Anderson wrestled Eric Young who was dressed as The Great Muta. Gunner comes out and tries to distract the referee but it allows Young to spit mist in the eyes of Anderson. After a moonsault Young pinned Anderson. After the match, Anderson and Gunner beat down Young until Sting made the save.

-We get a promo between Bully Ray and AJ Styles setting up a Falls Count Anywhere Match at the PPV.

-Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett defeated Matt Morgan and Kurt Angle when Steiner pinned Morgan. During a brawl between Angle and Jarrett, Karen Jarrett falls and looks hurt.

-We get a promo involving Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. They are reading a letter from The Network's Attorney. After a bit of trash talk Hulk Hogan reveals that Mick Foley was fired closing the show.

seems a very strange and peculiar show

eric young beats mr anderson Shocked
mick foley fired already?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

impact wrestling results for this thursday  Empty Re: impact wrestling results for this thursday

Post by User Name Tue May 31, 2011 1:03 pm

Someone in the crowd got thrown out of the Impact zone for sending a text.

User Name

Back to top Go down

impact wrestling results for this thursday  Empty Re: impact wrestling results for this thursday

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue May 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Young is TV champ remember! He is so under used on TNA it is crazy. I am very glad that he is getting some worthy air time.

Foley will be back, he'll screw Immortal over somehow.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeyking0011 Tue May 31, 2011 6:53 pm

No he didnt get kicked out for sending a text, he was a well known sender of spoilers and he got kicked out for texting spoilers to the dirt sheets. Also some have reported these are incomplete spoilers, due to him getting kicked out before the end.

Young beating Anderson makes total sense, Anderson trying to wind up Stinger again, ultimately leads to it backfiring and him giving it the heel beatdown allowing the face sting to make the save...

hockeyking0011

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Tue May 31, 2011 7:04 pm

hockeyking0011 wrote:No he didnt get kicked out for sending a text, he was a well known sender of spoilers and he got kicked out for texting spoilers to the dirt sheets. Also some have reported these are incomplete spoilers, due to him getting kicked out before the end.

Young beating Anderson makes total sense, Anderson trying to wind up Stinger again, ultimately leads to it backfiring and him giving it the heel beatdown allowing the face sting to make the save...

So what part of texting spoilers to dirt sheets isnt sending texts?

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 31, 2011 7:46 pm

Anderson losing to Young? Ridiculous
Foley fired already? Ridiculous

The guy probably wasn't texting spoilers he was probably phoning a taxi.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeyking0011 Tue May 31, 2011 8:16 pm

No username, You were making out like he got kicked out for simply texting, yes he was texting, but it was the context of the text that got him kicked out.

Typical 'paint Tna in a bad light without actually explaining the full story' type comment tbh.

hockeyking0011

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Tue May 31, 2011 8:24 pm

Awww, sorry my bad 🤦

He still got kicked out for texting end of.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:20 am

prettyboykev wrote:Anderson losing to Young? Ridiculous

Can I ask why this is so ridiculous? Young is twice as talented as Anderson.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:08 am

AberdeenSteve wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Anderson losing to Young? Ridiculous

Can I ask why this is so ridiculous? Young is twice as talented as Anderson.

It's ridiculous in that Anderson is supposedly a bonafide main eventer yet he's losing to what's been considered a longtime TNA's answer to Santino, though in actual wrestling ability Eric Young is miles ahead of Anderson.
Good to see Young finally getting some kind of push, I hope it continues.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:09 am

Maybe this should be on the other thread but I watched TNA last night and thought Anderson as Sting was superb - very good segment.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:08 pm

Why is Alex Shelley teaming with James Storm, is Roode in a singles match?

If no winner was announced will they be making it a triple threat match for the title?

Glad to see Eric Young getting the title, they could use it to push him up to the main event. Especially if Anderson ends up winning the title, he can do the old "I've beaten you before so I deserve a title shot" sort of thing.

I wish they'd use Samoa Joe better.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Roode is selling an injury, its the beginning of his singles push

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

impact wrestling results for this thursday  Empty Mr Anderson?

Post by hooplessnomore Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:50 am

If i were Ken Anderson, i would be a little worried in the direction they are sending him. It seems to me that once they send you down the comedy/impressing road, Lethal, EY, and now mabey Anderson, you are never gettin that top spot back.
hooplessnomore
hooplessnomore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 am

I've got no problem at all with Young beating Anderson, its about time they re-build EY and Anderson losing just adds to the overall story, its not like it was anywhere near clean

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:59 pm

I was at the Impact show that aired on challenge on tuesday.

I do enjoy the Impact Zone.

Decent crwd there to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:48 pm

I find the iMPACT! Zone and its 'crowd' two of the biggest set backs the company have

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:20 pm

How easy is it to get tickets westisbest?

Will be over in florida next april for a family holiday (they booked it so we arrive 5 days after Mania in Miami Doh ) and was hoping to catch a bit of TNA if it wasn't too expensive

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:31 pm

You have to go to Universal Studios, and then it'll be free to watch after paying for the Studios ticket.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:54 pm

yeah free with Universal.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Yeah you don't pay to get into the iMPACT Zone as such, you pay to go into Universal Studios then you get access to all that goes with it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:57 am

Actually its going to be a last man standing match between Bully Ray/AJ.

I dont see anything wrong with Eric Young defeating Anderson, he spat mist in his eyes when the ref's back was turned, hardly a clean finish.

Wrestling would be alot more interesting if mid-card talent was allowed to go over main eventers once in a while

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:18 am

I watched this last night on Challenge and thought it was a brilliant show.

Anderson as Sting, particularly the backstage segment with Eric Young was excellent. And there was plenty of wrestling on the show.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Groves is my dad Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:58 am

I must admit i watched my first impact for a long long time and it wasnt as bad as i remember. I am not sure if it was just how new and shiny the arena looks at the moment though

What is the actual name of the company now though?? Is it still TNA but the show is called Impact Wrestling like we have the WWE with RAW and Smackdown as i am sure Bischoff mentioned the name TNA when he was on the phone to Hogan

Perry Groves is my dad

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:59 am

Eric Young is a legend!! Yahoo

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:00 pm

I think that's right Perry, I think it's called TNA, but the show is called Impact Wrestling. They have handled it really badly, as it seems that even within the company they're not sure what they are called.

All just to have a shot at WWE...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Groves is my dad Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Cheers Invincible

Is it the same building as before though as it seems bigger

Perry Groves is my dad

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 pm

They're still at Universal Studios, I don't think they have moved. I don't actually watch TNA, but have they just changed the set they're using? That might be the reason it looks bigger.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:They're still at Universal Studios, I don't think they have moved. I don't actually watch TNA, but have they just changed the set they're using? That might be the reason it looks bigger.

Maybe they shoot with a bifocal lens now (obviously inverted!)

You dont watch Impact, crimey? Shame on you.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:15 pm

I have tried many times to watch TNA, and I just can't get into it. As much as people complain about the formulaic style of WWE, I much prefer the structured way of WWE to TNA where people change from heel to face every week, you have no idea who is feuding with who. As good as the wrestling is on TNA, the shoddyness of the rest of it puts me off.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Groves is my dad Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:15 pm

Thanks again Invincible

I dont normally watch Impact either it was just that nothing else was on last night Very Happy

Perry Groves is my dad

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Mick Foley has legitimately left TNA so was hastily written out of the storyline.

Young going over Ken Anderson makes zero sense to me. Anderson's challenging for the world title at the next PPV whereas Young is an undercard comedy wrestler.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Does it not work on the level that Anderson was mocking Sting and got his come-uppance. Which will cause Anderson to take his challenge of Sting more seriously? That makes perfect sense to me.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Also, isnt young the Global or TV title holder?

I thought it was a good show and Anderson has been excellent in his Sting impressions.

Unfortunately its the same old story with TNA - they do a very good show and then the following week produce guff

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:54 pm

I've got no problen what so ever with Young going over Anderson, it was handled well and just came across as Anderson getting his just deserts for being to cocky, it doesn't hurt Anderson in the slightest IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down