The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 - Finally Locked down to comments!!!

+6
Young_Towzer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
The Galveston Giant
Day V Lately
Valero's Conscience
kevchadders
10 posters

Go down

606 - Finally Locked down to comments!!! Empty 606 - Finally Locked down to comments!!!

Post by kevchadders Tue 31 May 2011, 1:25 pm

Our 606, who art in Bulltin Board Heaven, hallowed be thy Name,
Thy work was done, thy end did come, in May, as it is no more.
Give us back this day our daily banter, and forgive us our Moderators,
as we forgive the BBC who trespass against us,
and lead them not into temptation.
For 606v2 is the new kingdom,
and with all the old members coming over,
it will make it just as good... again.
Amen

Just noticed in the past few hours that the following message is appearing on 606...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/606/default.stm

...the 606 website is no longer open to comments and is no longer being maintained...

So its set to read only at the moment and I presume at some point they will remove it all together. I know this sort of post has been done on occasion in the past when it was first announced by maybe with its being official it would be good to hear your comments on it.

So...
What you'll miss about?
What wont you miss? Wink
Memorable topics/posters?

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

606 - Finally Locked down to comments!!! Empty Re: 606 - Finally Locked down to comments!!!

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 31 May 2011, 1:32 pm

Personally I won't miss much as 606v2 covers it but it got me introduced to forums and will appreciate the shear wealth of knowledge i have obtained and give credit to he many regular knowledgeable posters who keep things in check and provide reason and credibility to the topics.

So many memorable topics can't recall any in detail though!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

606 - Finally Locked down to comments!!! Empty Re: 606 - Finally Locked down to comments!!!

Post by Day V Lately Tue 31 May 2011, 2:09 pm

its a crying shame, as despite the overly picky mods at the beeb, 606 was just about the only worthwhile thing on the bbc website, apart from special1 tv of course.

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 31 May 2011, 8:43 pm

Hopefully they keep the pages up for a while, i won't miss some of the cheek, by the sounds of things i missed the glory years and only found out about it months before the exodus.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 31 May 2011, 8:59 pm

Won't miss it, the mods were draconian and offered no input into their censoring. Most of the essential components have transcended and live on at v2 anyway - the insanity of D4, coxys rage, DAVE v TRUSS, most of the good posters have come across. Thankfully shantel jacksons boyfriend got himself banned before he could poison this place long term. Some amusing elements seem lost forever - alexdaman, spring, TysonKing etc. There's a few good posters that haven't come over here to my knowledge - badgerhands and old stone hands spring to mind. Fight News is also conspicuous by his absence.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 31 May 2011, 9:05 pm

Thankfully shantel jacksons boyfriend got himself banned before he could poison this place long term
There is a god.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 31 May 2011, 9:06 pm

There's over 2000 users now so a couple of hundred must have joined here in the last week or so, not seen many new boxing users but i've not been on much the last week and a bit.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 31 May 2011, 9:11 pm

Steven_89 wrote:Thankfully shantel jacksons boyfriend got himself banned before he could poison this place long term
There is a god.

Might not agree with you on the Marquez/Cotto issue, but am totally with you on this. No doubt he's sat behind his computer right now reading this and screaming "I DIDN'T GET BANNED I QUIT I TELL YOU I QUIT HURR HURR HURR!!!!!".
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 31 May 2011, 9:26 pm

I miss the WUMS, they really brighten up my day.

Speaking of WUMS, D4 is unusually quiet these days.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 31 May 2011, 9:32 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I miss the WUMS, they really brighten up my day.

Speaking of WUMS, D4 is unusually quiet these days.

Since they created the 'manny news' and 'floyd news' threads his purpose in life has been somewhat restricted. He'll be back next time manny has an unusually large dump.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 31 May 2011, 10:00 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
Steven_89 wrote:Thankfully shantel jacksons boyfriend got himself banned before he could poison this place long term
There is a god.

Might not agree with you on the Marquez/Cotto issue, but am totally with you on this. No doubt he's sat behind his computer right now reading this and screaming "I DIDN'T GET BANNED I QUIT I TELL YOU I QUIT HURR HURR HURR!!!!!".

Don't get your hopes up too much, lads. Had a quick look at the old 606 for one last time today and it seems that our esteemed Hero has offered SJB a chance to return if he wants, and if he can keep his behaviour in check.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 31 May 2011, 10:02 pm

Don't get your hopes up too much, lads. Had a quick look at the old 606 for one last time today and it seems that our esteemed Hero has offered SJB a chance to return if he wants, and if he can keep his behaviour in check.
Seems to have a chip on his shoulder big time so hope he aint back, what was he banned for?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 31 May 2011, 10:05 pm

Need you ask..?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 31 May 2011, 10:07 pm

Steven_89 wrote:Don't get your hopes up too much, lads. Had a quick look at the old 606 for one last time today and it seems that our esteemed Hero has offered SJB a chance to return if he wants, and if he can keep his behaviour in check.
Seems to have a chip on his shoulder big time so hope he aint back, what was he banned for?

A few things, to be honest I lost track of all the daft stuff he came out with, rubbed more people up the wrong way than I care to count. I think he'll be back, not sure if he'll last long, though.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 31 May 2011, 10:10 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Steven_89 wrote:Don't get your hopes up too much, lads. Had a quick look at the old 606 for one last time today and it seems that our esteemed Hero has offered SJB a chance to return if he wants, and if he can keep his behaviour in check.

A few things, to be honest I lost track of all the daft stuff he came out with, rubbed more people up the wrong way than I care to count. I think he'll be back, not sure if he'll last long, though.
Will be interesting
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 31 May 2011, 10:24 pm

Pretty sure he called a moderator a pr*ck, amongst other things. It was during an argument with me he got banned. Basically he was ruining threads by accusing people of having aliases instead of talking boxing, I called him a clown and he went off on one, got a few warnings which he ignored then got banned. He's spent the following two months on the old 606 slating this site and it's users off, and protesting to anyone that'll listen that he jumped before he was pushed. God only knows why Hero would want to entice his type back to the board when every poster to a man would agree it's infinitely better without him.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 May 2011, 10:27 pm

Always thought Sjb was fightnews....same kind of loony tunes posting..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 31 May 2011, 10:51 pm

Pretty sure he called a moderator a pr*ck, amongst other things. It was during an argument with me he got banned. Basically he was ruining threads by accusing people of having aliases instead of talking boxing, I called him a clown and he went off on one, got a few warnings which he ignored then got banned. He's spent the following two months on the old 606 slating this site and it's users off, and protesting to anyone that'll listen that he jumped before he was pushed. God only knows why Hero would want to entice his type back to the board when every poster to a man would agree it's infinitely better without him.
Someone said D4 had been quiet, there you go D4'S logged off his PC, went on there mam's laptop and logged in as Shantel Jackson's control freak boyfriend, then logs off his mam's laptop and goes on his blackberry as fightnews!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 May 2011, 10:52 pm

d4 wasn't fightnews...........or shantel...

Think the guy was just a windup merchant and a bit of a Manny fan...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 31 May 2011, 10:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:d4 wasn't fightnews...........or shantel...

Think the guy was just a windup merchant and a bit of a Manny fan...

You're talking like D4's gone Truss. Big mistake - never write off a great poster.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down