The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copa America

+10
Ent
Hammersmith harrier
Henman Bill
lorus59
compelling and rich
monty junior
Fernando
Nakatomi Plaza
Holymiky
Duty281
14 posters

Go down

Copa America Empty Copa America

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Jun 2015, 7:23 pm

Starts in the early hours of Friday (tomorrow) at 00:30 with Chile against Ecuador.

Twelve teams divided into three groups of four, with the top two teams and the two best third-placed teams making it to the quarter-finals.

Group A - Chile, Mexico, Ecuador, Bolivia.
Group B - Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Jamaica.
Group C - Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela.

Schedule:

All games live on Premier Sports (subscribe for a tenner online).

No Suarez, but there is Vidal, Sanchez, Higuain, Messi, Aguero, Neymar, Rodriguez, Cuadrado etc.

Argentina are favourites to win, but Chile are expected to provide a huge challenge with the benefit of being home. Personally, I think Colombia will triumph. And I'm sure no one will dare to discount Brazil.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Copa America Empty Re: Copa America

Post by Holymiky Thu 11 Jun 2015, 7:35 pm

Have you subscribed Duty?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm

Indeed. Seems a bargain.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 11 Jun 2015, 7:42 pm

Yeah it seems a good price.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 11 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm

No, you can get everything Premier Sports have for a month.

Which isn't much, admittedly! Unless you like Rugby League and Ice Hockey.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 11 Jun 2015, 8:04 pm

Okay thanks.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 11 Jun 2015, 8:36 pm

It's live on Xbox Live if you have that.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 11 Jun 2015, 8:46 pm

Ive decided to support Venezuela....

Copa America CHPpFqfWgAAxBoI

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 12 Jun 2015, 8:09 am

Firmino is a quality player he'll get his big transfer this summer, other than Neymar, Silva and Miranda i don't rate the Brazilian team at all. Worse one i have ever seen, you look at their starting 10 ten years ago and compare it to now. R9, Adriano,Ronaldinho, Kaka, Cafu, Juninho Pernumbucano,Emerson, Julio Cesar and Maicon. All world class players and mostly game changers, the ones coming through now just seem to flop. Remember Ganso even Pato (who granted was ruined with injuries), i like Chile for the competition, they have an entertaining style and Argentina never play to their potential.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 13 Jun 2015, 9:26 pm

Chile looked good on the front foot, but they have serious vulnerabilities in defence which are exacerbated by playing with a back three. Uruguay thoroughly sluggish against the 'African' team Jamaica.

Argentina up next.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Jun 2015, 8:55 pm

Argentina capitulated against Paraguay - 2-0 at HT, only to draw 2-2.

Colombia have just been squeezed out by Venezuela. Ugly game, plenty of play-acting and conning the referee by the inferior Venezuelans, whilst Colombia were wholly inept in a creative sense (they played like England at a major tournament!).

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 15 Jun 2015, 9:17 am

think you can watch these on bet 365 if you have a account, i'll probably only tune in when the big games get going

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 17 Jun 2015, 6:07 am

Arturo Vidal's tournament is probably over. He crashed his Ferrari last night and was arrested for drink driving. picard

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 17 Jun 2015, 6:48 pm

Following their promise to strip if Venezuela won a game, The local news anchor did this...

Copa America Desnudando-La-Noticia-Presenter-Copa-America-Strip

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 18 Jun 2015, 2:31 am

Deserved win for my favoured Colombians tonight. Might not of been pretty, but it shall suffice!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 2:38 pm

Chile have coasted through; Argentina have snuck into the last eight. Oh and Neymar has been banned from the rest of the tournament.

Group C concludes tonight - all four teams on three points, presently.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:13 am

Quarter-finals sorted:

Chile v Uruguay
Bolivia v Peru
Argentina v Colombia
Brazil v Paraguay

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Tue 30 Jun 2015, 3:13 pm

Watching someone like Vargas playing for Chile compared to his time at QPR is interesting. Players like these play for pay in clubs far from home and don't really care. But they give everything playing for their country. I think this is kinda the reverse for English international players.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 10:49 pm

Chile win the Copa America on penalties

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 10:53 pm

Gonzalo Higuain is awful. Blew it in the World Cup final, blew it during the game tonight & blew his penalty over the bar in the shootout.

Another failure for Argentina in a final

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 09 Jul 2015, 10:53 am

If anyone signed up to the Premier Player just for the Copa America, remember you have probably signed up to pay every month and you will be charged again if you don't. You have to cancel 10 days before, and you can cancel by submitting a ticket in the help section.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:12 am

Any thoughts on Messi retiring from international football. Aguero too, says he may follow suit & retire, after they lost against Chile. I expect a barrage of hate will come his way & without winning a major final with his country or a WC, will stop him being labelled as one of the greats.

I disagree with that, he's the best I've ever seen & will probably ever see

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:20 am

It does make it look like he's thrown his toys out the pram, without the comfort of his Barcelona team mates he's never made a real impression on the international stage.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:40 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It does make it look like he's thrown his toys out the pram, without the comfort of his Barcelona team mates he's never made a real impression on the international stage.
Neither did Di Stefano but doesn't stop people rating him as highly as they do. There haven't been that many players who've near single handedly dragged a mediocre team to European/World title so let's not be too harsh on Messi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:58 am

He's only 29, should really play until the next World Cup. Argentina aren't far off winning a major tournament, 3 finals lost in extra time or on penalties.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:37 am

I don't think it'll stick with most of them. Mascherano will retire, but that's because he'll want to extend his career. Aguero will be back for sure.

Messi I'm not so sure. He does genuinely seem affected by the weight of the country on his shoulders. He's lost four finals and the most recent did come down to his missed penalty. He's 29 so it's early to retire from internationals but not ludicrously so. The Argentinian fans never really took to him and he's never been the force internationally as he has been at club level. I'm just not sure he's ever really enjoyed it and I am sure Argentina will ask him to come back before the next World Cup, but I'm not sure whether he will or not.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 27 Jun 2016, 9:39 am

Also, I find it odd that a player of such quality appears to have a fairly fragile mentality. You'd think a player as lauded as Messi and as ridiculously successful as Messi would have very little self-doubt, but this seems to say different. It'll be interesting now to see how he copes with his physical decline. I always thought he'd adjust and adapt and maybe just drop deeper or play differently, but after this I'm not so sure. I can see Messi retiring fairly early from football altogether.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:11 am

I suppose when you have continual success and it's easy (due to your immense natural talent) then when the obstacles appear you mightn't be able to deal with them as well as others who've had to rebound from disappointments.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 27 Jun 2016, 4:28 pm

Ent wrote:He's only 29, should really play until the next World Cup. Argentina aren't far off winning a major tournament, 3 finals lost in extra time or on penalties.
It would be funny if they went and won it without him.

However, just want to say that I've never been sold totally on Messi being the greatest ever. Obviously he's a fantastic player but the greatest ever? Why is he better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff or even Zico? They're all greats.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Jun 2016, 4:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:It does make it look like he's thrown his toys out the pram, without the comfort of his Barcelona team mates he's never made a real impression on the international stage.
Neither did Di Stefano but doesn't stop people rating him as highly as they do. There haven't been that many players who've near single handedly dragged a mediocre team to European/World title so let's not be too harsh on Messi

It's hardly been a mediocre Argentina team and easily a better one than Maradona won with, he'd have loved to have quality like Mascherano, Di Maria, Lavezzi, Higuain, Zabaleta, Aguero, Tevez and the likes to play alongside.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 27 Jun 2016, 5:15 pm

Atila wrote:
Ent wrote:He's only 29, should really play until the next World Cup. Argentina aren't far off winning a major tournament, 3 finals lost in extra time or on penalties.
It would be funny if they went and won it without him.

However, just want to say that I've never been sold totally on Messi being the greatest ever. Obviously he's a fantastic player but the greatest ever? Why is he better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff or even Zico? They're all greats.

I think him and ronaldo are the 2 best ever, can argue which order they go in.

They've got it all, ability, longevity, success.

Always going to be greatest debates and nitpicking but they are so much better than everyone else it's crazy.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 08 Jul 2016, 12:21 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

It's hardly been a mediocre Argentina team and easily a better one than Maradona won with, he'd have loved to have quality like Mascherano, Di Maria, Lavezzi, Higuain, Zabaleta, Aguero, Tevez and the likes to play alongside.

I'm fairly sure that Maradona would have rather played with Jorge Valdano than Higuain. That's at least two finals where dreadful misses from Higuain have probably led to Argentina's defeat. The miss against Germany in 2014 was horrific.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 08 Jul 2016, 12:25 pm

Messi is already reconsidering.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 12 Aug 2016, 7:40 pm

Messi has changed his mind. He's going to play for Argentina again.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 12 Aug 2016, 8:31 pm

Nothing to do with Ronaldo winning the Euros I wonder.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down