The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tylenol murders 1982 - America's biggest unsolved mystery !!

2 posters

Go down

The Tylenol murders 1982 - America's biggest unsolved mystery !! Empty The Tylenol murders 1982 - America's biggest unsolved mystery !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 11:54 am

Scary stuff this was back in the day.........Creating panic and not just in Chicago where the murders took place....The Tylenol killings lead to major changes in the pharmaceutical industry and in how over the counter medecines get sold today!!

Tylenol is used like aspirin for pain relief for everyday stuff like headaches.........Anyway in various stores in the Chicago area someone was buying Tylenol...taking the box home, injecting the capsules with cyanide and taking them back into the shops......Where unfortunate members of the public were repurchasing them and then dropping down dead.......Seven people died and others were infected leading to Johnson and Johnson recalling all their products (31 million) at an estimated loss of $100 million....Have no idea what $100 million would be equivalent today.....

J and J had a huge market share....

There was some muppet done for extortion sometime later by trying to blackmail J+J out of money or he'd carry on poisoning..

However he was from (I think) New York and it was proved hecouldn't possibly have done it...

Major FBI involvement at huge cost could never identify the perpetrator...

In fairness to Johnson and johnson there removal of the products in quick time from shops no doubt saved lives and they were praised for their actions......

However I know my folks were reluctant to purchase Tylenol for some time after and I'm sure they weren't the only ones.....J+J went from a huge share of 35% to 8% ......

The Tylenol killings led to capsules being made harder....... and to the foil seals we get on bottles today.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The Tylenol murders 1982 - America's biggest unsolved mystery !! Empty Re: The Tylenol murders 1982 - America's biggest unsolved mystery !!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:41 pm

who were the victims TRUSS

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

The Tylenol murders 1982 - America's biggest unsolved mystery !! Empty Re: The Tylenol murders 1982 - America's biggest unsolved mystery !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:13 pm

Didn't know any of them personally mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:11 pm

I had something similar the other day, I was giving my son his dinner and dropped the jar on the floor. When I cleaned it up I was horrified to discover shards of broken glass mixed in with the baby food...what kind of sick f*ck would do such a thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:15 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I had something similar the other day, I was giving my son his dinner and dropped the jar on the floor. When I cleaned it up I was horrified to discover shards of broken glass mixed in with the baby food...what kind of sick f*ck would do such a thing?

A liverpool supporter

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:57 pm

My rise and shine...morning cup of coffee does seem to taste almondy lately............Come to think of it !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:50 pm

Well only you'd* know what come tastes like TRUSSY so we'll take your word for it

*Didn't mention Mrs TRUSS out of respect for her and the fact that the Didsbury 2nd XI have already made it clear that she does

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Well only you'd* know what come tastes like TRUSSY so we'll take your word for it

*Didn't mention Mrs TRUSS out of respect for her and the fact that the Didsbury 2nd XI have already made it clear that she does

Didsbury 2nds have enough trouble scoring on a soccer pitch..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Well only you'd* know what come tastes like TRUSSY so we'll take your word for it

Hence the reason they pay a visit to Mrs TRUSS...she's like a living, breathing f*cking, sucking, morale boost for them. Personally I think they lose deliberately in order to have to go round for another session.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:33 am

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Hence the reason they pay a visit to Mrs TRUSS...she's like a living, breathing f*cking, sucking, morale boost for them.

I'm glad she's making someone happy !! The Tylenol murders 1982 - America's biggest unsolved mystery !! 3559488474

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down