The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what fight have you watched more than any other?

+12
dangerous_mouse
Dipper Brown
Strongback
Happytravelling
RanjitPatel
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
Rowley
milkyboy
Steffan
ShahenshahG
AdamT
16 posters

Go down

what fight have you watched more than any other? Empty what fight have you watched more than any other?

Post by AdamT Wed 01 Jul 2015, 9:11 pm

Ali v Frazier 1 and 3 for me.

Probably the third more. Two guys past their absolute primes but refused to give an inch.

A pure spectacle of guts and stamina. One of those rare fights were I feel both guys, could not have possibly done more.

I know I have went with an obvious choice but it was fascinating and still is until this day.

Honorable mentions are Duran vs Leonard 1 and Hearns vs Hagler.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

what fight have you watched more than any other? Empty Re: what fight have you watched more than any other?

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 01 Jul 2015, 9:24 pm

Ali - Williams. I'm aware that williams wasn't what he was but my god that was glorious

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

what fight have you watched more than any other? Empty Re: what fight have you watched more than any other?

Post by Steffan Wed 01 Jul 2015, 9:25 pm

Most Calzaghe top fights I have watched quite a few times especially Lacy

Also Frazier v Ali fights

Prime Tyson fights

Had Groves not been cheated against the Slimester Froch in the first fight then I am sure than would have been top of my Youtube list

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 01 Jul 2015, 9:35 pm

Good picks.

Ali was perfect that night. In my opinion no heavyweight was close to that level before, or since.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 01 Jul 2015, 9:57 pm

I don't tend to revisit fights that often. But I do like watching round 10 of Castillo corrales... For a couple of minutes of drama. The rest of it was pretty good too, but I focus on round 10! It's worth it for joe goosen's cameo. In fact it's worth it for joe goossen's shirt.

For whole fights it's probably Pryor arguello, though I have watched Leonard hagler a few times hoping to spot the quiet beating Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Jul 2015, 9:59 pm

Probably the rumble, not particularly a great fight, but if I've watched When we Were Kings find it hard not to put the full fight on afterwards.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:03 pm

Probably Chavez-Whitaker. Think I've seen it about seven times.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:15 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Probably Chavez-Whitaker. Think I've seen it about seven times.
.... This week

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:23 pm

I can honestly say I have seen the thrilla about 15 times.

Barrera vs Morales 1 is another I used to watch over and over and over again

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:52 pm

Bramble v Rosario....Always been fascinated that a guy rated near the top of the P4P pile and rearing up for a huge payday can just lie on the ropes so meekly and basically surrender...Also amazed by the amount of good shots he took from a huge hitter..

After that Hagler v Hearns..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 01 Jul 2015, 11:02 pm

Tyson vs Spinks, Berbick and Bruno are others.

My dad bought me a boxing video with these three fights when I was a kid. Watched them loads.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 01 Jul 2015, 11:12 pm

Seen the rumble a few times, all the Gatti Wards and Morales Barrera fights a few too. Most prime Tyson and not so prime. Leonard v Hearns, Hagler and Duran I've seen a lot too.

Watched Calzaghe Hopkins for the second time last year and it was a clear Calzaghe win. Nothing contentious there.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 01 Jul 2015, 11:12 pm

Trevor was a colorful overachiever.. Fought them all did Berbick and who could forget Larry on the boardwalk..

Feel sorry for those that think Briggs is nuts..

Enough material in Berbick's life for ten movies....

RIP Trev you won't be forgotten..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Wed 01 Jul 2015, 11:49 pm

Bellew v Clev II, the nights I struggle to get to sleep. And when I need reminding how bad life can be.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 02 Jul 2015, 12:07 am

Hamed v Barrera.  

Every time I see Hamed interviewed these days I stick on the last round, 'Who's your daddy'.

Barrera refusing to touch gloves with Naz was poetic.  Naz the bully holding out a glove in empty space feeling beaten and disrespected, karma is a b!tch hey Naz.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 02 Jul 2015, 12:09 am

Not a Naz fan I take it then Strongy?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 02 Jul 2015, 12:12 am

Steffan wrote:Not a Naz fan I take it then Strongy?

No.  

Horrible cretin who belittled lesser fighters in the ring for his own amusement.  Got what he deserved when he stepped up.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 02 Jul 2015, 12:12 am

I scored Calzaghe Hopkins to the old fella. I hear in retrospect that's harsh on Joe, I'm willing to take anyone's word on that because no way am I ever watching that again.

Cotto Margarito 1 & 2 I've watched many times. Like to watch them back to back with the Max Kellerman interview in between.

Calzaghe Lacy is always a fun watch to see Joe do a number on him. That's another one where I like to watch the build up before because it's presented as such a 50/50.

Obvious ones then, Gatti Ward, Hagler Hearns, Chavez Taylor. Most Carl Froch fights are worth a second look, rarely in a boring fight.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 02 Jul 2015, 12:13 am

The Rumble would be No.2 I had the fight on video as a teenager and  I had read Mailers book.  It was a great story.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Thu 02 Jul 2015, 1:38 am

Like others
Barerra - naz
Corrales - castillo.

The one ive always loved watching more times is Mayweather - Coralles. Also nice that Floydy was normal back then when he spoke, before he morphed into his public persona.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 02 Jul 2015, 1:50 am

Hagler v Hearns, closely followed by Hearns destroying Duran.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Jul 2015, 7:28 am

Mayweather v Gatti

How many levels in class was Mayweather above Gatti that night?

Gatti always had hype but none of it was justified in that fight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:47 am

Mayweather absolutely dismantled Gatti.

Never seen a World Champ look so ordinary. Mayweather was firing 5,6 punch combinations. Was nice to see. Granted Gatti was a stationery target but Mayweather was Great that night.
Probably the best I ever seen him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:38 am

milkyboy wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Probably Chavez-Whitaker. Think I've seen it about seven times.
.... This week

The weirdest thing is that I wouldn't really consider it one of my favourite fights per se, more just one of my favourite Whitaker performances. But for whatever reason a couple of years back I wound up watching it about three times in one week (you were close, but no cigar) which has probably bumped it above some of the other ones I've watched a few times which I would consider a favourite like the Brawl in Montreal, Boza's fights with Chacon, Villegas etc, Coyle-Brizuela (already watched that back, definitely the fight of 2014 for me), Winstone-Saldivar II, McAuley-Bassa I, Galindez-Kates I etc.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:39 am

Moorer v Cooper, Chavez v Taylor , Dempsey v Willard, Bowe v Holy and top of the list probs Tyson v Douglas gets forgotten because of the magnitude of the result but it was cracking heavyweight fight.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:41 am

Tyson vs Douglas was a great fight.

Enjoyed his scraps with Ruddock too.

Always enjoyed watching Tommy Morrison fight. You knew somebody was getting banged out, either way.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:57 am

AdamT wrote:Tyson vs Douglas was a great fight.

Enjoyed his scraps with Ruddock too.

Always enjoyed watching Tommy Morrison fight. You knew somebody was getting banged out, either way.

Tommy was a personal fav of mine too Adam.

What could have happened had he had he become champ back then sadly he never could reach far enough and his reputed 3 woman a day habit did for him.

His scraps with Rudduck were great fun.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:15 am

Sutherland v Rainford is a classic

I like watching Toney v Jirov. Classic old skool technique implemented to a 't'

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:27 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Sutherland v Rainford is a classic

Totally agree.

Great performance also his win against Barkley should get a mention

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:29 am

Wlad vs Povetkin

Haye vs Audley

Bellew vs Nathan Clev Rematch

Tyson Fury vs Johnson

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:29 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Sutherland v Rainford is a classic

I never tire of Brian Sutherland either. How could you.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:46 am

AdamT wrote:Wlad vs Povetkin

Haye vs Audley
Bellew vs Nathan Clev Rematch

Tyson Fury vs Johnson

You having a laugh right?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:49 am

Of course mate. They are terrible fights.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down