The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mancienne. Start of a trend?

5 posters

Go down

Mancienne. Start of a trend? Empty Mancienne. Start of a trend?

Post by custart Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:18 am

Mancienne has moved to Hamburg. I think its a good move for him if he gets regular football.

Do you think other young British players will move abroad in search of first team football? Will it benefit British squads in the long run as young players will learn a different style of football?

custart

Back to top Go down

Mancienne. Start of a trend? Empty Re: Mancienne. Start of a trend?

Post by PINEAPPLEHEAD Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:29 am

I THINK IT IS GOOD MOVE FOR HIM. HAMBURG ARE SOLID AND NOT ENOUGH YOUNG PLAYERS GO ABROAD TO LEARN THEIR TRADE. I THINK IT IS ONLY A GOOD THING.

PINEAPPLEHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:33 am

British players are often seen as bad travellers and as such we have very few representatives in the top leagues worldwide.

I do think different cultures will help players, and I hope he settles in and proves himself in the Bundesliga. It is good for England if he can prove our players can cut it abroad.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:45 am

I think it'll be interesting to see whether he can cut it over there, I'd like to see if he can because he's got potential but was held back by a few injuries and limited game time.

Another one to watch is Eric Dier, who plays for Lisbon. Supposedly another great CB and The FA want him for England instead of Portugal; hauling him in for a photoshoot with the new kit.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:55 am

I had read of Eric Dier some time ago, and he has said that he will play for England rather than Portugal as he feels English.

I do think of it as a feather in the cap of players who have played in a different culture, and I think it adds to their footballing IQ somewhat.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2011, 11:02 am

Makes them use to playing against different types of strikers and attackers as well; kind of like having Champions Legaue experience. I've not seen Dier play, but from what I've heard from other people he seems like quite a talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:20 pm

People of Monza say the great french world cup winning team had players all over Europe. Look at Brazil, their talent is world wide.

English talent is stuck in the one dimensional premier league. Even the African nations are catching England up as they continue to export their talents.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodgey Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:50 pm

Don't really rate Mancienne anyway so don't think he'll do too well in Hamburg.

Hodgey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down