The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International / Any Pro players Smoking

+6
majesticimperialman
Majestic83
Gwlad
bedfordwelsh
Rugby Fan
Geordie
10 posters

Go down

International / Any Pro players Smoking Empty International / Any Pro players Smoking

Post by Geordie Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:53 pm

I was at the Georgia v Falcons game last night and we beat them quite convincingly. Many of us agreed the Georgians looked quite poor for a side that has trained for 3 months in prep of the on coming WC.

We have since heard quite a number of reports (from fans and club officials off the record) that most of the Georgians were seen out in the car park smoking after the game. Whilst I know sportsmen do smoke, it still surprises me in these days when you hear of a World Cup bound team with numerous smokers.

Is this a rare occurrence...or do you know of a few top level rugby players who smoke?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

International / Any Pro players Smoking Empty Re: International / Any Pro players Smoking

Post by Rugby Fan Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Don't know about these days, but Nick Farr Jones smoked during his playing career, and I think Guscott has been spotted having a drag outside the commentary box. The French smoked up a storm in the amateur era, and there are probably a few who still do now. There are smokers in the England cricket and football teams, so it's not impossible that there are some in the rugby squad too.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

International / Any Pro players Smoking Empty Re: International / Any Pro players Smoking

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Think its rare these days but Blanco was a notorious 40 a day man and still produced some amazing rugby.

Then again most of that era drank like fishes as well lol.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:35 pm

they are Georgians, try telling them not to smoke Shocked

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:22 pm

Bod smoked didn't he?

Quite a few of the French team smoke pretty heavily, huget is definitely one.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:34 pm

I thought i read somewhere that Serge Blanco  smoked some think like 60 fags a day.
And yet run's cross the rugby pitch like a gazell on the serangettie.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:41 am

In somebody's book (think Austin Healey's), he tells a funny story of Phil Vickery going for a sneaky cigarette on a hotel balcony, which ended up being in full view of the England management etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:11 pm

Yes, Blanco is the most obvious heavy smoker that I knew of.

When I worked in my home town golf club during its time of hosting the British Open Golf Championship, I was absolutely staggered by how much the (admitted, slightly older) pros smoked and drank. I mean, jaysus, it was like a free bar at a Glaswegian wedding. A lot of their wives were very patient women.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Saw ODriscoll smoking and drinking years ago. Not sure if he did it his whole career. Trevor Leota smoked a lot.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:01 pm

Smoking what?

Be specific... I know the players that do probably are Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:16 pm

Justin Tipuric was Smoking on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down