The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+26
skins4ever
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
Lowlandbrit
cherriesfna
CJB
liverbnz
Take it to the house
sportform
Forward Pass
Bull
crazy_dave23
Skyforger
kwinigolfer
twelve283
Number-25
wadey101
CFCNick
TM Moot
BamBam
NYJ
Thomond
mikeygnfl
Simon Hill
sodhat
Pr4wn
30 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 7 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Pr4wn Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Tom Brady's ban has been nullified.

Red faces at NFL HQ.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 7 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by twelve283 Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:34 am

Dolphins look bad, didn't think much of the play calling today, need to shake up the coaching staff IMO. Didn't think much of Joe Philbin when I watched hard knocks TBH. Houston look bad, which sucks because I want to see O'Brien do well. 49ers and Kaepernick... Erm  Time to see just how bad these Saints are.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 7 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by mikeygnfl Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Olly wrote:Peyton Manning isn't very good anymore
Some how the Broncos are 4-0 though.the
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:06 pm

twelve283 wrote:Dolphins look bad, didn't think much of the play calling today, need to shake up the coaching staff IMO. Didn't think much of Joe Philbin when I watched hard knocks TBH. Houston look bad, which sucks because I want to see O'Brien do well. 49ers and Kaepernick... Erm  Time to see just how bad these Saints are.
I think playing a screen pass on a 3 and 15 right at the start set the tone. Can't see Joe Philbin lasting that much longer.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:53 pm

Number-25 wrote:
Lowlandbrit wrote:Number-25 with the classic reverse-jinx strategy there.

Wink

I'm more than a bit surprised by the final score

That was very un-Redskinslike to win that

Trying to remember the last time we weren't less than .500 after 4 games!

Not trying to imply anything, but we were 2-2 in 2012, and went to the playoffs...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Hey, that's my fantasy QB you are talking about. Have some respect for the aged will ya? Rolling Eyes

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:56 pm

Olly wrote:
Luckily his supporting cast is very good. If they can get home field advantage in the playoffs they have a shot
If he hasn't crumbled to dust by then...

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:14 am

Well that's our season done and dusted.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:15 am

GSC wrote:Well that's our season done and dusted.

NFC East is rank GSC so I wouldn't write the Eagles off yet.

It will still require Chip finding some answers to your problems very quickly though.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:19 am

skins4ever wrote:
Number-25 wrote:
Lowlandbrit wrote:Number-25 with the classic reverse-jinx strategy there.

Wink

I'm more than a bit surprised by the final score

That was very un-Redskinslike to win that

Trying to remember the last time we weren't less than .500 after 4 games!

Not trying to imply anything, but we were 2-2 in 2012, and went to the playoffs...

Yeah, I don't think I'd go down that road skins.

With a trip to Atlanta up next, we'll have a losing record again this time next week and be back to the usual chat about which direction our season is going to go in.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:07 am

Philbin's gone according to Adam Schefter on twitter, don't know how much difference it will make. IMO they should dump Coyle as well if the players really don't respect him, and Bill Lazor would be on thin ice if I was in charge.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:42 am

Maybe keeping the bum coach because of a blocked punt in a meaningless week 16 win wasn't such a good idea after all Miami

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:35 am

Number-25 wrote:
GSC wrote:Well that's our season done and dusted.

NFC East is rank GSC so I wouldn't write the Eagles off yet.

It will still require Chip finding some answers to your problems very quickly though.

We're 1-3, 0-2 in said rank division and just lost to the Redskins.

Its over.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:05 am

1-3 in a division where the leader is 2-2 - literally wide open for the whole division.4 games in ffs. Ages left yet

Elsewhere Miami now has an interim head coach who has been in the league 6 years as an intern and TE coach. Oh and they're letting Mike Tannenbaum make all the mistakes he did in New York again
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:28 am

PFTCommenter (@PFTCommenter) tweeted at 6:56 pm on Mon, Oct 05, 2015: Say what you want about Ryan Tannehill making fun of practice squad DBs salary but in Washington thats the highest paid positon on the team

Best tweet of the nfl season so far
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:57 am

Yeah, we're 0-2 in said crappy division. The NFC East might suck but were currently bottom of it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Surprise, surprise... the Seahawks get a dodgy call in their favour from the officials to help them avoid falling into a 1-3 hole.

You think the Browns or Raiders or Redskins or Titans would get that call?? No chance!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:45 pm

You got a few on the last 2 drives.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Olly wrote:1-3 in a division where the leader is 2-2 - literally wide open for the whole division.4 games in ffs. Ages left yet

Elsewhere Miami now has an interim head coach who has been in the league 6 years as an intern and TE coach. Oh and they're letting Mike Tannenbaum make all the mistakes he did in New York again
The Giants will win the NFC East. The could have/ should have been 4-0 had they held on to 4th quarter leads in the first two weeks.

Many fans linking Jim Harbaugh with the Dolphins, not now though but in 2016.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:40 pm

We couldve been 3-1 if we had kickers worth a crap. The Giants blew those leads because they're a bad team.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:04 am

I dunno if they're a bad team necessarily.... but they're not a good team. Defensively, they're there for the taking - they've been lucky that they have played against two very inconsistent, and at times downright bad teams, in the last couple of weeks in the Redskins and Bills to allow them to get back to 2-2.

Whoever wins the NFC East, it will be by default. They'll just be the least bad of the 4 teams.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:16 pm

May not be a case of least bad, may be a case of least inconsistent.

Cowboys - a number of key players injured for weeks, and no running game to speak of. Can't see them winning games against good defence's as their O will struggle to score.
Giants - Inconsistent O and a 2nd rate D, and Eli is starting to come a little unravelled at times. Conversely to the Cowboys, I see the Giants as unable to win against good offenses.
Redskins - Need the D to be consistently good every week. Poor play at times against the Giants and Eagles exposed a still weak secondary. Have to lean on the good running game we have and allow Cousins to game manage as we won't win any shoot outs.
Eagles - Need a new OL. Will (and have) struggled against a good pass rush and will have to lean on their D too much to win the division. Bradford may be able to win games for them if the OL learn to block, but I can't see that happening in time this season.

I think the division is between the Redskins and Giants at this stage. More injuries on either team could easily change this around.

It's funny, I look around the league and just about all of the 2-2 teams are lacking consistency, not talent. I'd say they all have, on paper at least, pretty good rosters, they just can't string results together. Coaching or parity? I'm not sure which.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:20 am

Loving the Tannehill and Beckham Jr stories this week... especially Tannehill - how long will Miami stick with him?

Surprised to just notice last night that Detroit are the only winless team in the league. There's usually at least a couple still knocking around at this stage. There's just a big bloated bunch of teams in the middle this season. Green Bay and New England easily the class of the league just now.... by a mile. Interesting to see how long Cincinatti, Carolina and Atlanta can keep things going for.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:25 am

The Tannehill story is clearly crap, and I'm not exactly sure what he's meant to do behind a sieve of an o-line and his best weapon is Jarvis Landry who is basically only good at catching screens. He's a top 15 QB, Miami would be nuts to get rid.

Beckham is a primadonna but I take a lot of what buffalo players say with a pinch of salt.

Also we have Greg hardy back on our lives. He's unapologetic for being a woman beater and is happily making jokes about other players wives. What a charming individual he is.

I certainly wouldn't shed a tear if he picked up a injury or two #scumbag
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:29 am

And I think Cincinnati has the best roster outside QB in the league by a long way. Great weapons on offence, the line is dominant, Geno Atkins is back to his old self on defence and their secondary is very solid. That's all without Burfict too. And through 4 weeks Dalton is playing really well, which makes them pretty much a top 3 side. Unfortunately we know come January he'll fail.

Denver I'd add to the list with green bay and New England too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:15 am

Tannehill is the perfect QB for Joe Philbin, i.e he will never take you anywhere.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:34 am

So we have Ryan Mallett vs a drugged up infected Matt Hasselbeck in prime time tonight.

I'm gonna watch cos it'll be funny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:34 pm

Olly wrote:Houston easily the worst team in the league

Still true
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Olly wrote:
Olly wrote:Houston easily the worst team in the league

Still true
I want to see BOB do well but for a team who want to run the ball on offense they're going to have to do a much better job blocking. Pick a starting QB, enough with the rotation. Didn't see the Texans first game but I get the feeling they quit on Hoyer too early and should have stuck with him. Lol at Ryan Mallett's face after not being allowed back in the game, I remember pats fans who thought he was the future and were ready to trade Brady after a couple of pre season games, I just laughed. Texans D# seem unable to make tackles in the run game. Way too many penalties. They have two winnable games coming up but they'll need to do fix some of this or the seasons over.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:40 am

Brian Hoyer has been named the starter again in Houston. Good to see they know who their QB was and are sticking with him. On the flip side the Bills had a good QB battle in preseason and Tyrod Taylor has done pretty well for them so far this season.

Marshawn Lynch is out for the Seahawks again this week. It will be interesting to see how much injuries will sideline him this year?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Hoping we run the ball at Greg hardy all day when we're up 42-21 in the 4th. Drop a 50 burger on that c*nt
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:24 am

Have you seen his rap video Olly?

Also, at this rate one of the Giants players is going to end the season without a head: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000553694/article/mrsa-infection-leaves-giants-daniel-fells-in-dire-situation

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:46 am

Eagles need to pull Bradford and put Sanchez in
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:33 am

Tennessee 3-0 against Buffalo at half time. That's the kind of game I like. Washington beating Atlanta is not a surprise to me. The Falcons look the weakest 4-0 team.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:00 am

Bengals gonna Bengals
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:29 am

The Saints are sneakily bad.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:42 am

Lowlandbrit wrote:The Saints are sneakily bad.

Very. 29-10 favors them by a lot.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:55 am

Not sneaky bad - just plain bad.

Sean Payton basically put up a "for sale" sign on himself via Schefter earlier today too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:57 am

NFL catch rules make zero sense
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:07 am

The AFC is a disaster zone
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:18 am

Where was mental midget kirk cousins when we needed him
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:24 am

This isn't the Seattle team of the last 2 years, regardless of whether they have Chancellor back
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:25 am

Olly wrote:Bengals gonna Bengals
You forgot about Regular Season Andy Dalton.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:26 am

They should be 1-4.

What a freaking slate of early games tho. Great stuff
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:44 am

The Ravens and Saints are 1-4. Stick a fork in them.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:55 am

Baltimore should be 5-0. They really have a terrible roster at the moment
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:01 am

They should be 0-5, barely squeaked by a Roethlisberger-less Steelers
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:05 am

That's what I meant - typo!

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:08 am

Dallas invested all those picks in the OL, down Romo and Dez, have passed 6 times in 3rd and short.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:10 am

We're essentially just daring them to throw with 8 man boxes.

In other news Jamaal Charles done with a torn acl. Brutal
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 am

Literally no idea why we ever put Marcus cannon in. Guy is an unmitigated disaster
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next