The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is the best organisation?

+7
JabMachineMK2
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Rowley
Lance
TRUSSMAN66
Adam D
11 posters

Go down

Which is the best boxing org?

Which is the best organisation? Vote_lcap2%Which is the best organisation? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Which is the best organisation? Vote_lcap6%Which is the best organisation? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
Which is the best organisation? Vote_lcap20%Which is the best organisation? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 10 ]
Which is the best organisation? Vote_lcap2%Which is the best organisation? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Which is the best organisation? Vote_lcap12%Which is the best organisation? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 6 ]
[ 1 ]
Which is the best organisation? Vote_lcap6%Which is the best organisation? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
Which is the best organisation? Vote_lcap20%Which is the best organisation? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 10 ]
[ 3 ]
Which is the best organisation? Vote_lcap16%Which is the best organisation? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 8 ]
Which is the best organisation? Vote_lcap10%Which is the best organisation? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 51

Which is the best organisation? Empty Which is the best organisation?

Post by Adam D Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:29 pm

Just thought I would throw this question out there, as people always moan about paper champions et al.

So if you had to recognise one federation at the expense of the others, which would it be and why? Let us know what you think is the best AND worst on the poll below.

WBO
IBF
WBA
WBC

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Which is the best organisation? Empty Re: Which is the best organisation?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:41 pm

Think I'd want the WBC belt...............So many great champions have held that one......

Have to go WBO for the worst because though I preferred two belts I could live with three and when the WBO came along Boxing went into it's present and permanent dive

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:49 pm

WBO my least favourite. Seems to be bought the cheapest. WBC most prestigious, but IBF possibly has a tad more integrity these days. Not like that says a lot

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:51 pm

WBA are the worst at the minute. The number of interim champions they have is obscene. Have given up any pretence that they are anything other than a money making machine. Can't vote for a best. Is like trying to decide on your favourite sexually transmitted disease.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:53 pm

Lance wrote:WBO my least favourite. Seems to be bought the cheapest. WBC most prestigious, but IBF possibly has a tad more integrity these days. Not like that says a lot

Amir Khan would disagree.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:54 pm

Should be WBA for Rowley's aforementioned reasons, but the Khan-LP affair still really sticks in my craw so I've gone for IBF as the worst.

WBC wins least worst by default.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:56 pm

Rowley wrote:WBA are the worst at the minute. The number of interim champions they have is obscene. Have given up any pretence that they are anything other than a money making machine. Can't vote for a best. Is like trying to decide on your favourite sexually transmitted disease.

Chlamydia is by far my favourite, its so easy you don't even know you hav it

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 1:57 pm

As of 2015, I've gone for the IBF as currently being the best of a bad bunch. At least you (generally) know who their champions are, and they're a bit less tarty about their belts being unified than the other organisations, albeit they're not perfect in those areas by any means. As I said, best of a bad bunch although they have a decent roster of fighters holding their titles right now such as Wlad, Kovalev, Brook, Degale, Lemieux, Cuenca, Frampton etc.

Right now, WBA is by far the worst, for me. A shambles from top to bottom. Is there a single division right now where they've only got one champion? Honestly can't think of one off the top of my head, and I'd bet that they have three in over half the weight classes. They also do more talking about mandatories than any other organisation without ever actually enforcing the bloody things. Unless you're a big money maker they seem hell-bent on letting any of their champions unify, as well.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 2:16 pm

I'd have to go with IBF as the best even in spite of the Lamont Peterson debacle. The WBC actively enforce the fact that they don't want their belt holders pursuing other titles, thats very very bad for boxing, so although the WBA have "super" champions they're not actively stopping others from unifying like WBC do.

WBO are just a joke, they're the 4th best in terms of status, but not the worst organisation despite their outward policy being "give certain promoters preferential treatment".

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 2:27 pm

When you look at divisions with a champion with more than one belt..

Wlad Heavy - WBO WBA IBF
Kovo 175 - WBA WBO IBF
Mayweather 154 - WBC WBA
Mayweather 147 - WBC WBA
Rigo 122 - WBA WBO .................

The WBC are hardly lagging behind other organisations with their non unification policy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 3:00 pm

IBF are the best, they enforce mandatories and only have one champion. WBA is by far the worst, the amount of champions they have is just laughable

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 21 Sep 2015, 3:03 pm

As a British boxer the WBO belt has been brilliant, you can fight 99% of your fights at home, avoid the best in the division and have as many domestic dust up world title fights as you like.

At one stage I thought Frank Warren was the owner and president of the WBO, bad organisation for me.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 3:08 pm

Arum and Warren co own the WBO

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 3:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Mayweather 154 - WBC WBA
Mayweather 147 - WBC WBA

The WBC are hardly lagging behind other organisations with their non unification policy..

It appears you're not identifying Floyd as a special case. He is very much a special case. His connections to Mexican fighters, the Cinco de Mayo connection how he fights on every year and WBC is a part of it and guess what - the president of the WBC is....Mexican. So it appears that Floyd is the ONLY unified WBC champion?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 21 Sep 2015, 3:42 pm

The best? It's a toss up for me between the WBC and the IBF. Unless I'm mistaken, I like the way the IBF only have one champ per division and haven't diluted their titles with silver, international and super belts. On the other hand, the WBC belts seem to be a little more prestigious than the others. Fighters themselves seem to rate the WBC belt as the best.

Worst? For me, easily the WBO. I wouldn't care if they only rated champions in the traditional eight divisions, had 15 round title fights and brought back same day weigh-ins. I don't like them. I remember when they started up. It seemed like any British fighter qualified for a title shot and champs like Eubank, got to make their defences against any old Tom, Dick and Harry.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Mayweather 154 - WBC WBA
Mayweather 147 - WBC WBA

It appears you're not identifying Floyd as a special case. He is very much a special case. His connections to Mexican fighters, the Cinco de Mayo connection how he fights on every year and WBC is a part of it and guess what - the president of the WBC is....Mexican. So it appears that Floyd is the ONLY unified WBC champion?

Just stating that the WBC non unification policy seems to be as meaningful as the other three organisations unification policy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 21 Sep 2015, 4:36 pm

Think the thing with the WBC is they like to have the best fighter in the division holding their belt. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but it does occasionally mean they let "superstars" get away with things other fighters would not get away with. When Vitali was injured they let him keep the belt for about 15 months without fighting until he decided if he was retiring or not, which was a bit silly, particularly in a sport where fighters are stripped left right and centre.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 4:39 pm

Only put "worst" votes, no best as they're all money grabbing corrupt pig shagging Frak who have more belts than a Essex tart.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down