The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's keeping the All Blacks awake???

+19
Geordie
Duty281
ME-109
mikey_dragon
Cardiff Dave
aucklandlaurie
George Carlin
SecretFly
TightHEAD
RubyGuby
gregortree
lostinwales
offload
BamBam
disneychilly
fa0019
Biltong
emack2
maestegmafia
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who's keeping the All Blacks awake??? Empty Who's keeping the All Blacks awake???

Post by maestegmafia Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:55 am

"New Zealand asked for the windows at their city centre hotel in Cardiff to be soundproofed after being kept awake on Saturday evening by roisterous Wales supporters"

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/01/all-blacks-soundproofing-hotel-georgia-richie-mccaw-rugby-world-cup

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Who's keeping the All Blacks awake??? Empty Re: Who's keeping the All Blacks awake???

Post by maestegmafia Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:03 am

The All Blacks are staying at

The Hilton Hotel
Kingsway
Cardiff
CF10 3HH

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Who's keeping the All Blacks awake??? Empty Re: Who's keeping the All Blacks awake???

Post by emack2 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:18 am

I don`t know ,but it is nice to see they visited a Cancer Clinic and High School in the area
like in old Tours days.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:21 am

maestegmafia wrote:The All Blacks are staying at

The Hilton Hotel
Kingsway
Cardiff
CF10 3HH

Third floor

Who's keeping the All Blacks awake??? Smiley-laughing004
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:25 am

emack2 wrote:I don`t know ,but it is nice to see they visited a Cancer Clinic and High School in the area
like in old Tours days.
yes I agree wonderful work.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:08 am

I think they're just trying to get back in the news because they don't like it that no one is talking about them.

SA caused waves by losing to Japan. England caused waves by losing to Wales and now face Australia in the big one. Ireland stole NZ's robes by getting a higher attendance at wembley for the RWC record.

It's an attention thing I reckon Wink

"Quick, wheel out Carling and Campo to slam the haka or something... fly out suzi, just anything.. AIG aren't happy with the lack of coverage new zealand are getting".

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:25 am

The ABs are kissing newborns and visiting schools and stuff on the off chance England fans will support them if they get knocked out in pool play Wink

(Fat chance)

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:27 am

Ha I'm sure AIG would like the increased exposure but Hansen would love it if NZ flew under the radar!

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:16 am

ebop wrote:The ABs are kissing newborns and visiting schools and stuff on the off chance England fans will support them if they get knocked out in pool play Wink

(Fat chance)

Reckon there's a good chance of that, we love glory

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:29 am

Are the AB's here yet? I think a small advance party are playing some ehibition games. The full squad won't arrive until the quarters. Rolling Eyes
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:52 pm

There was a moment when I was looking at the forum posts and right under this one was the one titled

'Not the "England Team"'

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 02 Oct 2015, 2:40 pm

A: the hotel catering ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 02 Oct 2015, 2:42 pm

A: the hotel catering ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Oct 2015, 2:50 pm

The hotel catering won't change until Wales play them in the final thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 3:16 pm

RubyGuby wrote:The hotel catering won't change until Wales play them in the final thumbsup

The hotel catering won't change for another 100 years? Eish!

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 02 Oct 2015, 3:31 pm

emack2 wrote:I don`t know ,but it is nice to see they visited a Cancer Clinic and High School in the area
like in old Tours days.

Have operation Yew tree been informed, if its really like the 'good old days' Shocked
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 3:41 pm

No wonder the Welsh players are knackered!!! Mandatory over-night singing shifts outside the All Blacks hotel too? Gats is a driven man.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 02 Oct 2015, 6:57 pm

A. Chuck Norris.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 7:34 pm

Its a credit to the hospitality of the Welsh for providing the All Blacks with live entertainment during the night. Its keeping Shag up, it does however give him time during the wee small hours to work on the new "Distract the defence winger staying in the centre of the field pick n go stratergy".

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 7:46 pm

SecretFly wrote:No wonder the Welsh players are knackered!!!  Mandatory over-night singing shifts outside the All Blacks hotel too?  Gats is a driven man.

I'd suggest a backing band also. A 24 piece steel drum kind of thing. And maybe a military tattoo in the castle with an emphasis on big guns through the ages. All's fair in love and war.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 7:53 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
SecretFly wrote:No wonder the Welsh players are knackered!!!  Mandatory over-night singing shifts outside the All Blacks hotel too?  Gats is a driven man.

I'd suggest a backing band also. A 24 piece steel drum kind of thing. And maybe a military tattoo in the castle with an emphasis on big guns through the ages. All's fair in love and war.

Are the All Blacks staying in a castle?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:00 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Are the All Blacks staying in a castle?

Cardiff castle is across the road from their hotel.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:05 pm

It could have been the Wairoa College boys doing their haka... I seen a video of the lads doing a haka for all the international fans in Cardiff, I think it may have been Wednesday or Thursday. It was a good spectacle and the boys have been playing games across England and Wales and having a good time. They're at tonight's game too.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:08 pm

F..k me...Georgia 7- ABs 7

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:08 pm

Go Georgia!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:08 pm

Georgia are awake. Get in.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:14 pm

12-10 Abs.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm

McCaw not rolling away shewerly?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:39 pm

Swing low, sweet chariooots. Good to see some English are making the effort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:40 pm

Georgia are putting some big ol hits on the AB's...good to see.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:41 pm

That's about it though, to be fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:42 pm

ebop wrote:Swing low, sweet chariooots. Good to see some English are making the effort.

I know there's a stag party thats travelled down from Staffordshire and are at the game. Good effort!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:42 pm

ABs look beatable. Georgia giving a good showing so far.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:44 pm

How many handling errors from the AB's

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:44 pm

The ABs 'always' look beatable.

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:45 pm

French ref is probably starry eyed at reffing the ABs...based on some of his decisions in favour of them

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:45 pm

Yup, not a great half from the ABs. It will be a grumpy half time chat no doubt.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:46 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:How many handling errors from the AB's

About a thousand.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:48 pm

The best result for the ABs will be no injuries. The days of perfect performances is over. And that applies to all teams. The up and coming teams these days are made up of professional players that give a decent account of themselves. In defence at least. They offer buggar all in attack so that is the next leap for them in future RWCs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:55 pm

ebop wrote:The ABs 'always' look beatable.

I'm looking at it from a Welsh POV though.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 8:59 pm

The ABs are bored.  You have to have the competitive juices up to have those passes stick.  If there was more at stake the juices would be up.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:02 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:

Fair enough. All teams are beatable though so I find the statement an odd one. I guess it is reassuring for people to see a poor performance from the ABs as the so-called favourites. But you must get the context right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:06 pm

SecretFly wrote:The ABs are bored.  You have to have the competitive juices up to have those passes stick.  If there was more at stake the juices would be up.

Me too. Like watching the one-true somewhere in Scotland.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:11 pm

ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Fair enough. All teams are beatable though so I find the statement an odd one. I guess it is reassuring for people to see a poor performance from the ABs as the so-called favourites. But you must get the context right.

I get the context alright.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:14 pm

ABs are spoofing here.  

There is no way Georgia is doing all this pressure on their own.  The AB boys were probably warned that they scored too many tries at half time.  They're drawing a niggly game onto themselves - training.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:16 pm

SecretFly wrote:ABs are spoofing here.  

There is no way Georgia is doing all this pressure on their own.  The AB boys were probably warned that they scored too many tries at half time.  They're drawing a niggly game onto themselves - training.

Even the ref has lost patience and is trying to score for them...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:21 pm

SBW is knackered. The Georgians ran him ragged.... Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:25 pm

More handling errors? It was the same story last night. Maybe it's the stadium? Thankfully for Wales and New Zealand the final will be played at Twickenham...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:27 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
ebop wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I get the context alright.
Ok, well there you go.

Georgia have shown that the ABs are beatable.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 9:29 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:More handling errors? It was the same story last night. Maybe it's the stadium? Thankfully for Wales and New Zealand the final will be played at Twickenham...

It's the frequency of Swing Low Sweet Chariot that does it.  Proven in a Harvard study last year.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next