The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zolani Tete signs with Frank Warren

4 posters

Go down

Zolani Tete signs with Frank Warren Empty Zolani Tete signs with Frank Warren

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 09 Oct 2015, 7:20 pm

Tete is best known to the British fans for dominating Paul Butler earlier this year in their world title fight.

It is appatrntly a 3 fight a year deal for 3 years.

Not sure what to make of this, why would Frank sign him? An excellent fighter but he is South African with i imagine a small market value in the UK.

Why do you think Warren has signed Tete?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Zolani Tete signs with Frank Warren Empty Re: Zolani Tete signs with Frank Warren

Post by milkyboy Fri 09 Oct 2015, 9:13 pm

1. frank has signed tete because there is no-one left in england that hasn't signed for matchroom
2. tete has signed with frank because point 1 means he will get a level of personal treatment and focus eddie is unable to match.... And he's looking forward to fighting on Boksnation. kerching.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Zolani Tete signs with Frank Warren Empty Re: Zolani Tete signs with Frank Warren

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 09 Oct 2015, 9:18 pm

milkyboy wrote:1. frank has signed tete because there is no-one left in england that hasn't signed for matchroom
2. tete has signed with frank because point 1 means he will get a level of personal treatment and focus eddie is unable to match.... And he's looking forward to fighting on Boksnation. kerching.

You could be right with number 1, after all Frank has also signed Singh as well

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:04 am

Feel a bit for Tete here. He was our only adult sized champion and no one could be bothered with him, even after our sports minister promised him he wouldn't have to fight abroad anymore. Between the UK's tax, And Warren being Warren I can't help but feel there'll be a thread in three years where Tete speaks about how this deal didn't work out as expected
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:16 pm

This signing could be about Boxnation expanding into other countries.
They're launching in India soon which is why they signed Vijender Singh.

It makes sense if they can get name fighters in new markets especially if they have some UK name recognition as well.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 12 Oct 2015, 7:42 pm

rob-glos wrote:This signing could be about Boxnation expanding into other countries.
They're launching in India soon which is why they signed Vijender Singh.

It makes sense if they can get name fighters in new markets especially if they have some UK name recognition as well.

very true, a see Virjender Singh doing for Warren what Zou Shiming did for Arum, not much in the pro game himself but opening up markets which Warren can then exploit

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down