The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French mutiny....again? UPDATE - Phillipe Saint-Andre now sacked according to L'obs Sport

+18
Biltong
TightHEAD
whocares
Fanster
Barney McGrew did it
munkian
Gooseberry
maestegmafia
aucklandlaurie
bedfordwelsh
Cardiff Dave
Notch
SecretFly
doctor_grey
Golden
mikey_dragon
chris_501
Artful_Dodger
22 posters

Go down

French mutiny....again?  UPDATE - Phillipe Saint-Andre now sacked according to  L'obs Sport Empty French mutiny....again? UPDATE - Phillipe Saint-Andre now sacked according to L'obs Sport

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 15 Oct 2015, 9:24 pm

During the last WC it was firstly alleged and then broadly accepted that there was a mutiny in the French squad and that Marc Lievremont had completely lost control of his players.

Once again, stories are starting to emerge in the French media that there has been another mutiny and that Saint Andre is no longer in control and hasn't even picked the team to play against New Zealand.  This some claim is why Basteraud has finally been dropped and an article in the French media showed Saint Andre being shoved out of the way by Yoanne Maestri as he stormed down the tunnel after the Ireland loss.  

I don't speak French so can't validate this with any links but its spreading around rugby outlets online.

No doubt the French will beat the All Blacks now... Wink

UPDATE:

Now being reported that hes just been sacked by L'obs Sport

Last edited by Artful_Dodger on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

French mutiny....again?  UPDATE - Phillipe Saint-Andre now sacked according to  L'obs Sport Empty Re: French mutiny....again? UPDATE - Phillipe Saint-Andre now sacked according to L'obs Sport

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 15 Oct 2015, 9:27 pm

For what its worth, it has been reported on to some extent...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby_world_cup_2015/article-3269725/Are-France-revolting-World-Cup-Yoann-Maestri-appears-shoulder-barge-head-coach-Philippe-Saint-Andre-defeat-Ireland.html

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

French mutiny....again?  UPDATE - Phillipe Saint-Andre now sacked according to  L'obs Sport Empty Re: French mutiny....again? UPDATE - Phillipe Saint-Andre now sacked according to L'obs Sport

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 15 Oct 2015, 9:40 pm

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/report-france-sack-philippe-saint-andre-ahead-of-new-zealand-clash/44445

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_501 Thu 15 Oct 2015, 9:44 pm

Coaching yourself is fair enough. But who picked the team? Dusatoir?

chris_501

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 15 Oct 2015, 9:56 pm

Wow.

Surely it was a combination of Michalak, Dusatoir and Maestri - they're the senior figure-heads right?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu 15 Oct 2015, 10:23 pm

Bet the New Zealanders are sweating now. The French are in competition mode at last.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 15 Oct 2015, 10:29 pm

High drama if true. Impossible to tell what has happened, but seems like the players have come unglued, no? Coaching themselves? Bizarre.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 15 Oct 2015, 10:31 pm

How come the French players only lose faith in their coaches in the middle of a WC?  
Slow learners!!!  People keep telling them all their coaches are nuts but the Gallic shrug until it's always too late. Wink

Or its a gag and Saint Andre is in on it.  French in 'disarray' - and then slice through the ABs like butter....... well, that's maybe the plan.  But lightening don't strike twice in the one place boys.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 15 Oct 2015, 10:42 pm

This is all very French.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 15 Oct 2015, 11:31 pm

Players have finally decided that an oeuf is an oeuf.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 16 Oct 2015, 5:06 am

Notch wrote:This is all very French.

Yep and it also wouldn't be a surprise if they now won on Saturday night.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 16 Oct 2015, 7:25 am

There have been a number of teams at this World cup that have been somewhat disappointing, they probably would have done better without figurehead coaches, and just left to the senior players would have performed better.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Oct 2015, 7:34 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:Players have finally decided that an oeuf is an oeuf.

They said his rugby mind was "Fou Canard" to deal with...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri 16 Oct 2015, 8:29 am

Well thats another candidate with international experience available for the England job. At least he wouldnt be afraid to pick Armitage and co. Plus hes still less likely to fall out with the players than Mike Catt is.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 16 Oct 2015, 9:09 am

Would the one person who has tried MORE positional partnerships than Rimmer really be wanted ?

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri 16 Oct 2015, 9:23 am

Presume Dusatoir is going to go into coaching when he retires? Hes already coached at two world cups, getting to the final once.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 16 Oct 2015, 9:40 am

Yes he'd be perfect for the England job if it wasn't for the fact that he had international experience - put's him beyond reach of the RFU
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Fri 16 Oct 2015, 9:45 am

Is this France teams performance a shock though?

I keep hearing how they are French and are capable of turning up blah blah blah, they have very few world class players, of which Huget is out, and come into the RWC as huge underdogs to win the group, I had Ireland by 20 and was dissapointed they didn't get it.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 16 Oct 2015, 10:12 am

Has this actually been confirmed or all rumours still?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 16 Oct 2015, 10:18 am

I dont really buy in this french mutiny story. first only this article seems to imply that and it's more speculation than anything at this stage. the fact that some players are tired with PSA lack of charisma, leadership and unclear strategies is getting obvious now though so there is chance that PSA, Lagisquet and mainly Blanco have been unofficially "put aside".

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 16 Oct 2015, 10:31 am

France to win by 4pts
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:14 am

whocares wrote:I dont really buy in this french mutiny story. first only this article seems to imply that and it's more speculation than anything at this stage. the fact that some players are tired with PSA lack of charisma, leadership and unclear strategies is getting obvious now though so there is chance that PSA, Lagisquet and mainly Blanco have been unofficially "put aside".  
I think Blanco has grown so fat he is now too difficuklt to simply put him aside. Maybe the team is upset he wouldn't share his cigarettes at halftime?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:18 am

I read it is just a ruse, trying to make the AB's nervous.

I doubt they will pay much attention to it. I suspect the AB's know all too well they should take any French team serious
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:21 am

doctor_grey wrote:
I think Blanco has grown so fat he is now too difficuklt to simply put him aside.  Maybe the team is upset he wouldn't share his cigarettes at halftime?  

alternatively he tried to nick Bastareaud "packed lunch" ...

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:23 am

whocares wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
I think Blanco has grown so fat he is now too difficuklt to simply put him aside.  Maybe the team is upset he wouldn't share his cigarettes at halftime?  

alternatively he tried to nick Bastareaud "packed lunch" ...

He shouldnt have left it on the coffee table

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:27 am

Biltong wrote:I read it is just a ruse, trying to make the AB's nervous.

I doubt they will pay much attention to it. I suspect the AB's know all too well they should take any French team serious

There wasn't anything in L'Equipe about it.

Xavier Rush was saying last week that the ABs would have been hoping to get the French in this tie, to bury any notion that the ABs have an issue with their RWC history against France.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:34 am

ABs nervous? I think the media are having a massive time trying to keep their coach Hansen awake, he's that bored.
Then again...that's probably another habitual ruse from him. Nobody could be so comatose a character in real life. *yawn*

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:37 am

SecretFly wrote:

ABs nervous?  I think the media are having a massive time trying to keep their coach Hansen awake, he's that bored.
Then again...that's probably another habitual ruse from him.  Nobody could be so comatose a character in real life. *yawn*

I suspect he woke up, apparently he has challenged them to come at them. Yahoo
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:40 am

The Telegraph have a piece on this this morning

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nlpnlp Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:05 pm

I think if you just looked at the match on its merits - New Zealand number 1 team in the world by a country mile, unbeaten in the 2015 World Cup v France under achieving, average team who were well beaten by Ireland - then there wouldn't be much to write about. Whereas an all too habitual French revolution at least allows them to get some awful headlines in.

nlpnlp

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:30 pm

nlpnlp wrote:I think if you just looked at the match on its merits - New Zealand number 1 team in the world by a country mile, unbeaten in the 2015 World Cup v France under achieving, average team who were well beaten by Ireland - then there wouldn't be much to write about.  Whereas an all too habitual French revolution at least allows them to get some awful headlines in.

Yes but it might be the catharticism they need to let the rugby flow.

Genetically the French play a powerful forward game with an elusive creative backline that create from anywhere...!

If St. Andre has shifted sideways then this French side certainly have the ability sur papier

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:40 pm

Powerful forward game yes.  And I think that might be New Zealand's main concern around them.  Not the result.  I think New Zealand this time will be relatively comfortable about a result forecast (rightly or wrongly) but they'll be a little apprehensive about the price perhaps paid that might leave them weakened for future rounds.

It was quite blunt and evident that the French were out to do (legally) a number of Irish players - take the head off the snake as it were and feed on the entrails.  They'll be compelled to try something similar against New Zealand because I think they know they won't compete on creativity.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:45 pm

Munchkin wrote:ClaimDenied

"No, no! I tell you. This is a lie, for certain. Saint Andre is still in charge. And to prove it, I will be allowing him to go before the media at 6 o'clock this evening to tell you all so. And no he is not under house arrest. The door it have no keys - simple - we can't find the keys. We still look for them"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 16 Oct 2015, 3:25 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

There wasn't anything in L'Equipe about it.

Xavier Rush was saying last week that the ABs would have been hoping to get the French in this tie, to bury any notion that the ABs have an issue with their RWC history against France.

Yes I expect NZ to put the whole French nemesis thing to bed in style tomorrow, there's going to be a big score on the way this French team is average at best.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 16 Oct 2015, 4:05 pm

Last thing NZ need... the french in mutiny and labelled as no hopers.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Fri 16 Oct 2015, 4:35 pm

Journos looking for stories where none exists... shocker....

Even the French wouldn't sack their coach the week before a Qtr final with the All Blacks. Its mad to even think this... Next you'll be trying to convince us that one of the richest rugby unions of the world cant progress in their own RWC .....

... oh .. Erm

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 16 Oct 2015, 6:10 pm

Doesn't matter if St.Andre is gone or not. The French will try to outmuscle NZ and when that doesn't work they won't know what to do.

The worry for New Zealand is that this game goes similarly to our game against them- the French are well beaten but manage to injure several of New Zealands key players for the rest of the tournament. This is very possible.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 16 Oct 2015, 7:02 pm

You'd be mad as a box of frogs to think the French aren't as mad as a box of frogs. PSA should've have gone yonks ago really.
Anyway, Vive La France and please beat the boring, I mean "interesting", ABs

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 16 Oct 2015, 7:37 pm

No9 wrote:Journos looking for stories where none exists... shocker....

Imagine if we had proper investigative journos in Wales. The mind boggles. I blame Woodward and Bernstein.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down