The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys v connacht

+4
mikey_dragon
Valleyboy
LeinsterFan4life
stevetynant
8 posters

Go down

Ospreys v connacht  Empty Ospreys v connacht

Post by stevetynant Sat 24 Oct 2015, 4:08 pm

How good were connacht today.I know their not up there with the all blacks but surely the most improved side in the league. I can see Aki and henshaw causing some problems this year.if only they could find themselves a goal kicker.

stevetynant

Back to top Go down

Ospreys v connacht  Empty Re: Ospreys v connacht

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 24 Oct 2015, 5:04 pm

Aki is absolute quality. Connacht and indeed Ireland will do well to hold onto him.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Valleyboy Sat 24 Oct 2015, 7:34 pm

Agree, Aki was quality, a real handful.
Ospreys poor today and are falling too far behind in this period.
Fussell is a liability, don't understand why he was playing when Dan Evans was on the bench. Sam Davies was poor from the tee and in his general control, an absolute mile behind Biggar.
Anyone know why the ref was changed at half time?

Valleyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 24 Oct 2015, 8:38 pm

Valleyboy wrote:
Fussell is a liability, don't understand why he was playing when Dan Evans was on the bench. Sam Davies was poor from the tee and in his general control, an absolute mile behind Biggar.

Fussell is a terrible player and always has been - I didn't think much of him at the Dragons and he was pretty overrated back then. As for Sam Davies, he is an 'okay player' I guess, but his flaws that were evident at U20 level haven't really been ironed out. For that reason I don't think he is really a suitable player at this level. I've discussed this in the past with Ospreys fans' and they all seem to be of the opinion that he is doing well.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 24 Oct 2015, 9:36 pm

Valleyboy wrote:Agree, Aki was quality, a real handful.
Ospreys poor today and are falling too far behind in this period.
Anyone know why the ref was changed at half time?
Valleyboy, you are right about Aki, very good player, as for Fussell what you are saying now I was saying before the game on the Ospreys seasons thread, I really don't understand that selection, as for Sam I thought he started very well from both tee and open play, when he started missing from the tee, he was trying to do too much from open play and made some terrible decisions, WHY didn't we change our kicker to either Josh or Dan when he came on, as for the non appearance of the Ref for the 2nd half perhaps it was to do with his abysmal performance in the first half. Before anybody comes and accuses me of blaming the Ref for our loss, I DON'T, we lost because of our own ineptitude and the opposition playing as a TEAM.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 24 Oct 2015, 10:01 pm

I think Ospreys are almost out of the top 4 already, maybe a golden opportunity for them to finally go far in Europe?

As for Connacht, haven't seen them yet this season but they always had that tough pack and Pat Lam brought some southern hemisphere expensive rugby to them and the result is a very dangerous outfit. Like last season though i expect them to drop a bit back as the season unfold as they don't quite have the depth of other teams.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 24 Oct 2015, 10:10 pm

VinceWLB wrote:I think Ospreys are almost out of the top 4 already, maybe a golden opportunity for them to finally go far in Europe?

As for Connacht, haven't seen them yet this season but they always had that tough pack and Pat Lam brought some southern hemisphere expensive rugby to them and the result is a very dangerous outfit. Like last season though i expect them to drop a bit back as the season unfold as they don't quite have the depth of other team
Vince on a different thread it was mentioned that we had lost our first 3 games and went on to win the League a few seasons ago, when in actual fact we finished 5th and didn't qualify for the play offs, so I would envisage us doing the same this year, whether we can qualify for the top tier of Europe next season is open to question, we have to hope some of the normally prominent teams to also have some cockups.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Valleyboy Sat 24 Oct 2015, 11:45 pm

Wayne, the ref was making some poor decisions and the crowd really started to get on his back. The worst thing then, I thought, was that towards the end of the first half he started to make decisions based on the crowds reaction ....not a good thing! Strange he didn't come out for the second half though.
Depressing start to the season this year, feels like the games two years ago when we couldn't buy a bonus point for love nor money, no attacking threat at all.
This time last year there was a real spark about the place, quite a bit of ambition and players starting to make their mark, Hassler was a revelation on the wing, Matevesi added the creative spark in the centre, Nicki Smith was excellent, Dan Evans was a great signing, Dan Baker was making his breakthrough, Webb was awesome, I could go on. In the games so far this season we have been a long way short of that form.
Let's hope for a run in Europe.

Valleyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 25 Oct 2015, 8:13 am

VinceWLB wrote: maybe a golden opportunity for them to finally go far in Europe.

Laugh
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sun 25 Oct 2015, 11:27 am

The key to Connacht's rise is they have added to the squad every season. The new signings have started the season well.

Yesterday was a good win and they have a few players to come back in. Their first choice 7, hookers, tighthead, new signing AJ MacGinty and Henshaw.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down