The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The tale of Roger the shrubber

4 posters

Go down

The tale of Roger the shrubber Empty The tale of Roger the shrubber

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Well he has been on gardening leave.

"Why the controversial reign of WRU chief Roger Lewis should be remembered as a success - Delme Parfitt of the Fail"

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/controversial-reign-wru-chief-roger-10354722

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

The tale of Roger the shrubber Empty Re: The tale of Roger the shrubber

Post by SecretFly Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:31 pm

If I were you guys, I'd lay off criticising Roger endlessly. Let's face it, I'm sure most of you will be wanting to fly somewhere in the future......................... Lewis might have a long memory and make life very difficult indeed: Flight time confusion, ticket issues, boarding pass problems, seating arrangement frustrations...and in the extreme, engine falling off disruptions. Wink

Careful....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:43 pm

SecretFly wrote:If I were you guys, I'd lay off criticising Roger endlessly.  Let's face it, I'm sure most of you will be wanting to fly somewhere in the future.........................  Lewis might have a long memory and make life very difficult indeed: Flight time confusion, ticket issues, boarding pass problems, seating arrangement frustrations...and in the extreme, engine falling off disruptions. Wink

Careful....

bmibaby?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:19 pm

well walking takes too long...especially on water.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:39 pm

SecretFly wrote:well walking takes too long...especially on water.

bmibaby used to be Cardiff sponsors. Thought it would mean cheap flights from Rhoose to Toulouse, Paris, Bayonne, or wherever etc. Fat chance. Bristol or Stansted as usual.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Don't worry Dave, ...from here on in Regional fans will be subsidising free travel for WRU execs around the woyld. Top down preferment as per usual Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:09 pm

Many Welsh rugby fans seem to suffer from some syndrome that allows them only to see the black or the white of some situations. One day scientists will be forced to recognise the particularities of this strange and debilitating condition and come up with an apt scientific term to describe it.

Lewis did preside over a period of heightened division within Welsh rugby and made a number of management decisions which will never be seen in a positive light, including by myself.

He hadn't been in charge long when Wales were still a joke outfit, coming 4th/5th every 6N and failing to get out of the WC pool. Now they're contenders year on year and are qualifying from some of the most competitive pools you can imagine.

How many previous CEOs can say Wales won three titles during their tenure? Moffett has one to his name and was more than happy to trumpet that fact when he left his post.

One might rightly say it was Gatland and the players themselves who were on the ground winning those titles. But people are always quick to forget that it was Lewis who spearheaded Gatland's appointment in the first place and who also helped to set some conditions for that later success (i.e. through implementing extended training camps; more rigorous fitness regimes etc)

From the way some talk about Lewis, you would hardly guess he's partially presided over the most successful Welsh outfit since the golden 70's.

In future years, when incompetent future coaches/CEOs have reduced the side to embarrassing rubble all over again, some will think back to Lewis' tenure with great fondness.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:34 pm

Kin 'ell.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:36 pm

Wonderful Poopie on twitter regarding the aforementioned Fail article.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:22 pm

He can take credit for appointing Gatland and rebuilding a successful National side the country support, now he has gone its up to the new regime to rebuild the game below National level without damaging what has already been achieved. That is something I don't believe could of been achieved with Lewis in situ due to the miss-trust that had been created between him and the regions.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:22 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:He can take credit for appointing Gatland and rebuilding a successful National side the country support, now he has gone its up to the new regime to rebuild the game below National level without damaging what has already been achieved. That is something I don't believe could of been achieved with Lewis in situ due to the miss-trust that had been created between him and the regions.

And extended his contract till after the 2037 RWC, so some understand/believe.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Dodger destroyed. The Fail next?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down