The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romain Poite

+2
VinceWLB
Chunky Norwich
6 posters

Go down

Romain Poite Empty Romain Poite

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 14 Nov 2015, 9:48 pm

What a superb referee.

He gets so much right. Had a great game tonight. All the big things, and all the little things - done correctly. Where was he during the latter stages of the world cup when we had to suffer the bilge of Owens and Lacey? Some really strange decision making by the powers that be in referee appointments in my opinion.

Oh and he just refereed my team to a defeat by the way.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Romain Poite Empty Re: Romain Poite

Post by VinceWLB Sat 14 Nov 2015, 9:56 pm

I agree Chunky, he was great tonight, seemed fair to both team and refused to ref by the crowd noise unlike 95% of the referees.

It's Scarlets captain who decided to go for the posts with 5 to go who must take the blame for the loss.
Oh and James Davies really is an amazing player.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:17 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:What a superb referee.

He gets so much right. Had a great game tonight. All the big things, and all the little things - done correctly. Where was he during the latter stages of the world cup when we had to suffer the bilge of Owens and Lacey? Some really strange decision making by the powers that be in referee appointments in my opinion.

Yes he was good tonight.
And yes it was against the Scarlets.

But why do you feel the need to use those 2 facts to start a thread to be derogatory to other officials

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:21 pm

VinceWLB wrote:I agree Chunky, he was great tonight, seemed fair to both team and refused to ref by the crowd noise unlike 95% of the referees.

It's Scarlets captain who decided to go for the posts with 5 to go who must take the blame for the loss.
Oh and James Davies really is an amazing player.

Wrong on part 1 and I actually thought he was poor tonight on part 2.
Had S Shingler been taken of sooner things might of been different but Saints poor handling kept us in that game tonight as they created several opportunities to attack but failed to capitalise.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:25 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:
Wrong on part 1 and I actually thought he was poor tonight on part 2.

You don't have a reliable kicker, how on earth are you expecting to win a game with penalties instead of going to the corner and go for the try?

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:26 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:

Yes he was good tonight.

But why do you feel the need to use those 2 facts to start a thread to be derogatory to other officials

Just to highlight his spite.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:30 pm

The kicker had just changed, both Shingler and Thomas are quality kickers in their own right, the kick that hit the post was Aled's 1st kick of the night. Also we had not shown any ability to drive a maul through the whole game so the 3 points with 5 mins left was an acceptable gamble for me. Especially considering w
the pre match objective would potentially have been to secure the LBP

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:32 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:The kicker had just changed, both Shingler and Thomas are quality kickers in their own right, the kick that hit the post was Aled's 1st kick of the night. Also we had not shown any ability to drive a maul through the whole game so the 3 points with 5 mins left was an acceptable gamble for me. Especially considering w

Alternatively, you could have gone through the phases and build pressure on Saints line where i feel Scarlets would have had a decent chance to win the game in the end.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:34 pm

Munchkin wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:

Yes he was good tonight.

And do you not think it would be better to allow a fellow Scarlet supporter to try to get Chunky to drop the argument rather than for the very person he is arguing with more often than not to join in and try to wind him up again?

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:39 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:The kicker had just changed, both Shingler and Thomas are quality kickers in their own right, the kick that hit the post was Aled's 1st kick of the night. Also we had not shown any ability to drive a maul through the whole game so the 3 points with 5 mins left was an acceptable gamble for me. Especially considering w

Alternatively, you could have gone through the phases and build pressure on Saints line where i feel Scarlets would have had a decent chance to win the game in the end.

Personally I was surprised he didn't kick the territory myself and it looked as though the bench were discussing the same but what I mean is I fully understand his decision as we where hanging on to a bonus point that would realistically have been the pre match objective. for me we never truly looked like winning the game so Barclay did the right thing to try to protect the LBP in the same way as DTH did the right thing to kick the ball out rather than try to attack from 90 mtrs

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:53 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:

Yes he was good tonight.

And do you not think it would be better to allow a fellow Scarlet supporter to try to get Chunky to drop the argument rather than for the very person he is arguing with more often than not to join in and try to wind him up again?

True. Keep up the good work thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 14 Nov 2015, 10:57 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:

I've read this 3 times and I still don't know what it means. Try using one of these ","

Really impressed with Poite tonight.  I'm praising a referee. Being positive.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:01 pm

Except for booking North for shaking his foot free and ruining a great try.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:04 pm

Scottrf wrote:Except for booking North for shaking his foot free and ruining a great try.

No, Poite got it spot on, North stamped. Clear yellow.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:05 pm

Chuky, why would I use quotation marks when I am not quoting someone else or an element of speech?

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:05 pm

If you hold someone's leg you get stamped. It's a central principle of rugby. Was he just supposed to stand there like a muppet while the player holds him?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:08 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:Chuky, why would I use quotation marks when I am not quoting someone else or an element of speech?

I don't know, why would you use quotation marks whenyou're not quoting someone else or an element of speech?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:09 pm

Scottrf wrote:If you hold someone's leg you get stamped.

The laws are freely available online to read.

It's a central principle of rugby. Was he just supposed to stand there like a muppet while the player holds him?

See above.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 14 Nov 2015, 11:20 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:Chuky, why would I use quotation marks when I am not quoting someone else or an element of speech?

I don't know, why would you use quotation marks whenyou're not quoting someone else or an element of speech?

Ah right I have just gone back and noticed you had put a comma in between the quotation marks!

So why then would you use quotation marks for a Comma?

Unless of course you think the way to get away with been caught out on been purely argumentative"," for the sake of it"," is to try to challenge someone's intelligence on the use of punctuation in a social media comment!

You can dress this thread up any way you like but starting with a positive comment does not make a dig at other officials any less a dig at other officials.

Incidentally I know anyone would use more punctuation when writing anything to be read out loud but anyone that still needs to read out loud to understand what is been said should probably stay away from forums.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 15 Nov 2015, 8:47 am

2ndtimeround wrote:

Yes he was good tonight.

Because he is a troll thats why

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 15 Nov 2015, 3:40 pm

Is Poite that good? The guy can't ref a scrum like most other French officials - not only that but he'll let one other team constantly cheat in that area.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down