The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge Cup Round 2: Cardiff Blues vs Harlequins, 19 November

+13
wales606
Chunky Norwich
VinceWLB
Poorfour
Coleman
mikey_dragon
XR
propdavid_london
yappysnap
maestegmafia
Tattie Scones RRN
George Carlin
ChequeredJersey
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Challenge Cup Round 2: Cardiff Blues vs Harlequins, 19 November Empty Challenge Cup Round 2: Cardiff Blues vs Harlequins, 19 November

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Challenge Cup Round 2: Cardiff Blues vs Harlequins, 19 November Blues10          Challenge Cup Round 2: Cardiff Blues vs Harlequins, 19 November Harleq10
Cardiff Blues vs Harlequins
19 November 2015
KO: 19:45
BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park

Live on Sky Sports

Referee Alexandre Ruiz (France)
Touch Judge 1 Laurent Cardona (France)
Touch Judge 2 Arnaud Blondel (France)
Fourth Official Morgan Whitehead (Wales)
TMO Jean-Marie Piraveau (France)

Very quick break, so will need to update this post later, but here is a hub for the match between the Blues and the Quins on 19th November at Cardiff Arms Park.

Teams:

Cardiff Blues:
15 Blaine Scully
14 Alex Cuthbert,
13 Rey Lee-Lo,
12 Gavin Evans,
11 Tom James,
10 Rhys Patchell,
09 Lloyd Williams;

01 Gethin Jenkins (c),
02 Kristian Dacey,
03 Taufa'ao Filise,
04 Jarrad Hoeata,
05 James Down,
06 Ellis Jenkins,
07 Sam Warburton,
08 Josh Turnbull

16 Matthew Rees
17 Sam Hobbs
18 Dillon Lewis
19 Lou Reed
20 Manoa Vosawai
21 Tavis Knoyl
22 Jarrod Evans
23 Dan Fish

Harlequins
15. Ollie Lindsay-Hague
14. Charlie Walker
13. Matt Hopper
12. Harry Sloan
11. Tim Visser
10. Ben Botica
09. Karl Dickson

01. Mark Lambert
02. Rob Buchanan
03. Kyle Sinckler
04. Charlie Matthews
05. Sam Twomey
06. James Chisholm
07. Jack Clifford©
08. Nick Easter

16. Joe Gray
17. Joe Marler
18. Will Collier
19. Kieran Treadwell
20. Dave Ward
21. Danny Care
22. Winston Stanley
23. Tim Swiel

More to come. Quins team deliberately weaker as Robshaw and Brown and Nev not risked on artificial pitch, with the first two needing some rest and having some niggles and the last one has dodgy knees that do not like artificial pitches
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Challenge Cup Round 2: Cardiff Blues vs Harlequins, 19 November Empty Re: Challenge Cup Round 2: Cardiff Blues vs Harlequins, 19 November

Post by George Carlin Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Good work Chequered.

Official preview here:
PREVIEW: Harlequins want more success in Cardiff

Harlequins return to the city of their most recent European triumph when they face Cardiff Blues in the European Rugby Challenge Cup.

Quins head to the Welsh capital for the first time since Chris Robshaw lifted this trophy in 2011 following victory in the final over Stade Francais. And the England captain has handed the club a major boost this week by signing a new contract.

He stepped off the bench in the opening game of this year's tournament, last week, and scored the last of Quins' six tries in their 41-18 home win over Montpellier. Now he is preparing for another big back row tussle with rival Welsh World Cup captain, Sam Warburton.

Danny Care and Ollie Lindsay-Hague had already crossed earlier in the opening night triumph at the Twickneham Stoop, but the night belonged to the Quins back-row with Jack Clifford, Luke Wallace and Nick Easter all scoring against the French before Robshaw completed a full-house.

However Quins have not won a European tie at the BT Sports Arms Park in 18 years following defeats in 2009, 2008 and a draw in 1999. Their 2011 title triumph was at the city's football ground, Cardiff City Stadium, and just 12 months after Cardiff had won the cup.

And this week Robshaw could well be reunited with his Welsh counterpart Sam Warburton. The last time these players met was in the World Cup when Warburton skippered Wales to a dramatic 25-22 win at Twickenham.

Warburton was integral to the Blues performance in Italy last week when they registered their biggest away win in Europe. Their 50-9 win over Calvisano was also enough to overtake Quins at the top of Pool 3.

"We wanted to make a big start in Europe and it was pleasing to get a record score but we are fully aware we face very different opponents after a short turn-around. Quins are clearly the team of the pool judging by their performance against Montpellier," said new Blues head coach Danny Wilson.

"Now it's about building on that win in attack and defence for the rest of the tournament."

Match Facts
- Cardiff have won three of their four matches against English sides in the Challenge Cup to date, though their last meeting against opposition from England was a 34-23 loss to London Irish.
- Cardiff have won all three home matches in the Challenge Cup, outscoring their opposition 165-40 in those games.
- These teams have never clashed in the Challenge Cup, however they have met eight times in the Champions Cup with Cardiff winning five games to Harlequins' one (D2).
- Harlequins have won all four games against Welsh clubs in the Challenge Cup averaging 42 points per game in that run.
- Harlequins lost their last away fixture in the Challenge Cup but haven't lost consecutive away matches since 2003/2004.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Challenge Cup Round 2: Cardiff Blues vs Harlequins, 19 November Empty Re: Challenge Cup Round 2: Cardiff Blues vs Harlequins, 19 November

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:23 pm

Might actually go to this game to keep an eye on how Visser is getting on.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:24 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Might actually go to this game to keep an eye on how Visser is getting on.

He's looked great in attack, let in one travesty of a try vs Sale though
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:28 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Might actually go to this game to keep an eye on how Visser is getting on.

He's looked great in attack, let in one travesty of a try vs Sale though

Better get used to that CJ I'm afraid!!

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:40 pm

No Nick Evans ?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:53 pm

maestegmafia wrote:No Nick Evans ?

Nev has shaken off his knee injury from last season but reputedly his knees struggle on artificial pitches - Conor seems to have thought it better not to risk it and use the opportunity to give him a rare rest (he's not young anymore!) and Botica generally plays better when he starts than benches anyway. Will be a tough one, but I'm ok with resting Evans, would be satisfied with an away LBP
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:01 pm

Front row and backrow look potentially great.

Backline look like they could let in a few scores but score some too.

Subs bench is interesting with Ward at backrow and Stanley plus Swiel to come on somewhere.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:44 pm

Didnt you mention trying Ward in the backrow on another thread yappy?
Do you have COS's ear?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Probably our strongest possible team and whilst Quins are missing a few key players, this is a good test for Wilson and Cardiff, see if the players are taking in what he's telling them.

Also it's the home debut for Blaine Scully.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:01 pm

propdavid_london wrote:Didnt you mention trying Ward in the backrow on another thread yappy?  
Do you have COS's ear?

That was me. And not knowingly, no, maybe great minds think alike? Wink
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:30 pm

Guys can I just ask, if anyone streams live rugby in here do you get charged by the website?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:30 pm

Where's Craig Mitchell?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:48 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Where's Craig Mitchell?

Injured again I think. Lucky we've talked Filise out of retirement 4 times or we'd be starting Andrews.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:37 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
propdavid_london wrote:Didnt you mention trying Ward in the backrow on another thread yappy?  
Do you have COS's ear?

I've often thought poorfour may be friends with CoS, perhaps he read that comment...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:54 pm

angel
Coleman wrote:

Injured again I think. Lucky we've talked Filise out of retirement 4 times or we'd be starting Andrews.

True. Four times? That's truly remarkable. I can still remember his 'last game' for the Blues Laugh. Anyway Dillon Lewis looked promising at U20 level from what I remember, and even Hobbs looks decent this season.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:59 pm

yappysnap wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
Do you have COS's ear?

I've often thought poorfour may be friends with CoS, perhaps he read that comment...

Alas, no. But I listen carefully to what he says at press conferences, and STH or Quinssa events.

That said, Poorfour Jr is determined to be a professional rugby player, so in the long run...
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:09 am

mikey_dragon wrote: angel
Coleman wrote:

True. Four times? That's truly remarkable. I can still remember his 'last game' for the Blues Laugh. Anyway Dillon Lewis looked promising at U20 level from what I remember, and even Hobbs looks decent this season.

It must be four. Maybe it's three. His first one was when we were at the CCS and he has said he's packing it in every season since then. He had signed for Merthyr this season. But i assume Wilson has talked him out if it. 

I've not seen a lot of Lewis but i agree Hobbs is looking better this year at loose. Taken his time getting there mind.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:34 am

This must be the worst Blues pack i have ever seen:

A loosehead who can't scrummage, a 39 years old tighthead whose strength was never into scrummaging, a lock who looks more like a back row player (Hoeata), 2 openside in what is already a lightweight pack and finally a blindside in spite of a proper 8 picard

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:35 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Guys can I just ask, if anyone streams live rugby in here do you get charged by the website?
no, any website that charges stay well away.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:06 pm

It looks like a pretty strong Cardiff side to me - at least there are a lot of names I recognise.
The Quins side has a bit of an A-League feel to it, although thats sometimes means we have the hungry youngsters looking to make an impact.

I do hope that Quins can get a result but they are gambling a bit with resting players.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:12 pm

propdavid_london wrote:It looks like a pretty strong Cardiff side to me - at least there are a lot of names I recognise.  
The Quins side has a bit of an A-League feel to it, although thats sometimes means we have the hungry youngsters looking to make an impact.  

I do hope that Quins can get a result but they are gambling a bit with resting players.

There are times last season when we would have been delighted to be able to field that side. At least we have locks, props and centres all playing in their proper positions and a bench that isn't entirely academy!
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:25 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Guys can I just ask, if anyone streams live rugby in here do you get charged by the website?

There are some that have been operating fine for years. Quality service.

Of course 606v2.com wouldn't endorse using these or anything.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Poor old Quinn's have not had much luck with injuries

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Poorfour wrote:
propdavid_london wrote:It looks like a pretty strong Cardiff side to me - at least there are a lot of names I recognise.  

There are times last season when we would have been delighted to be able to field that side. At least we have locks, props and centres all playing in their proper positions and a bench that isn't entirely academy!

You jinxed our back row Sad
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:05 pm

F sake, that pass was dire

Blues were so dominant for 20 minutes but now are falling apart

:/
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Got to feel incredibly sorry for the Blues watching this.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Simply inside ball and the Blues are completely baffled.

Shocking implosion

Players not up to it.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:09 pm

And now Ellis Jenkins is off injured.

Our best player so far this season (not difficult), similar to Navidi last year, who is also injured.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:09 pm

wales606 wrote:Simply inside ball and the Blues are completely baffled.

Shocking implosion

Players not up to it.

DW has recognised that some aren't. Look forward to next season.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:17 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wales606 wrote:Simply inside ball and the Blues are completely baffled.

Shocking implosion

Players not up to it.

DW has recognised that some aren't. Look forward to next season.

Hope he is given a good budget and a free reign,

He needs to rebuild this squad.

....and we mess up the lineout Doh
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Martyn Williams just said the C word on BBC radio!!!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:24 pm

Awful,

Was really exciting to see Cuthbert, Scully and James in the back 3, but they have hardly had the ball.

Forward have been dire and securing quick ball, and the inside backs handling has been awful.

A good demonstration of why Anscombe is preferred at 10 to Patchell tonight.

Dacey, Vosawai, Filise, Downs and Turnball have either been dire or anonymous.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Danny Wilson is going to be furious with the effort in this second half,

Almost as bad as the Zebre game.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:27 pm

And that's the game
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:35 pm

Oh no, red card coming up. Really nasty looking incident.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:36 pm

Shame, a try here would have been interesting

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:36 pm

and Matthew Rees is going to finish off any Blues come-back with a nice red card.

Idiotic. Sums up the day.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:37 pm

At least he will face a ban and we won't have to see him in a Blues shirt for a while,

Although Kristian Dacey hasn't exactly been good today.

Need a new front row and second row next season.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Now the bad news is Dacey has to come on again

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:43 pm

None of Harlequins tries came after build up pressure

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:44 pm

Great drop from Jarrod Evans

First time i've seen him play and he has been impressive.

And we throw everything away at the end and give Quins a TBP
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Time to watch this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7996656.stm

on repeat until I feel a bit better.

We used to be able to score tries.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:46 pm

wales606 wrote:and Matthew Rees is going to finish off any Blues come-back with a nice Scarlet red card.

Terk-tastic!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:54 pm

wales606 wrote:and Matthew Rees is going to finish off any Blues come-back with a nice red card.

What did he do? I turned telly over after the 3rd Quins try

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:55 pm

It was a stamp on the face of Nick Easter.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:01 pm

Notch wrote:It was a stamp on the face of Nick Easter.

To Merthyr for him then. One down 14 to go.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Tough break at the end there, Blues
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Seen the replay. Looked like a black and amber boot to me. Can't be sure who's who or what's what in Wales these days.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Good win for Quins. Tbp away is always a pleasure.

Easter and Ward both out standing, Ward for England no7?! Botica and Dickson both with games to forget.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next