The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW WORLD ORDER

+6
Seanusarrilius
Happytravelling
catchweight
AZZJ44
mobilemaster8
ONETWOFOREVER
10 posters

Go down

NEW WORLD ORDER Empty NEW WORLD ORDER

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 29 Nov 2015, 11:16 am

No nothing to do with the illuminati although I have my views on them.

but the Klitschko era has finally come to an end.

How do we all feel about it?

Shall we give the brothers a round of applause for the work that they put in to reach the top together. Coming on the scene at the tailend of the legendary careers of Holy, Lewis, and Tyson, the Klits carved up the heavyweight scene and changed the face of boxing.

Behind them followed a whole host of Eastern bloc fighters who have almost taken hold of boxings divisions like Putin in the Crimea.

Kovolav, GGG, Povitkin, Lomo are all serious big name fighters today who owe a dept of gratitude to the Klitshkos.

I have to hand it to them. Boring yes but effective and they can lay claim to an 'era' in boxing to go alongside the greats like Ali, Tyson, Holmes etc.

but what of the new blood coming through? Fury, AJ, Wilder, all can achieve the same so lets welcome the new and exciting times ahead and look back and congratulate the 2 brothers from the Ukraine.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

NEW WORLD ORDER Empty Re: NEW WORLD ORDER

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 11:31 am

Yeh it's the end of an era unfortunately and until Joshua there are no real decent heavies out there bar maybe 2 or 3.

I'd say Joshua and Wilder are the most exciting.

Haye could have a chance.

But that's it. Fury just has not got what it takes to last long.

Yes he can dance around and run away all night (which was ironic because if you compare the De Gale fight commentary to the Fury fight it's actually laughable) and be boring.

There is literally nobody I can see out there that gets me going at heavy so it's a division I tend to avoid

Gone are the days of Klitshcko, Ali, Holmes, Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson etc etc.

All great fighters, come to fight in shape, great power.

The only one comparable is Joshua.

It's a sad state of affairs at heavy and it may take a damn while before we get any excitement.

Haye vs Joshua
Wilder vs Haye
Joshua vs wilder

All of the above would be exciting fights. Quick he heavies, big punchers, proper old school heavy physique.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 11:52 am

Mobile, you were wrong about Fury so give him some credit. I noticed your scoring on the thread, having Wlad 4 or 5 1 up. Silly bias.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:17 pm

It might not be done yet, as Klitschko has a rematch clause in place and a 5 TV deal to fulfill.

Thanks heavens for Fury though.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:28 pm

Sadly, missed the fight, as I had made a commitment to go out without checking the date first! But I followed the radio 5 commentary.

Sounded like Klit seriously struggled in there last night.

He developed his boring, punch and clinch style due to total insecurity with his chin. It sounded like fury's reach and size didn't allow him his usual game plan and fury isn't going to get any smaller or lose wing span.

I also assume fury would want his first defence back in Manchester.

I think Klit will retire but fury won't reign to long. He's a bit careless.

Great win by him though. Got it right in the night.

I'm expecting fury vs Haye at some point.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:58 pm

Never had wlad up by that much mate I had wlad up by a couple purely based on the fact that I didn't think Fury was doing enough to rip it from the champ in his backyard. It's not as if he turned up and put it on Klitshcko stood center ring and dominated was it.

It was fury running round the ring switching stance and throwing a few shots every now and again all the while wlad chased him down looking to land his shots.

The commentary from the De Gale fight (who used the exact same tactics although he actually took center ring and really took it to bute with hard combinations) had it dead close!!

It's sky and their bias, not me, I genuinely didn't think fury did enough. I didnt think wlad did either, but in those type of fights I give the quiet rounds to the home fighter.

Murray went out Germany and put on a much better show and lost by 4 rounds.

Smith did the same in the first Murray figjt and lost by 6 rounds.

Fury did not perform like that and he won by 4 rounds.

I'm not saying it isn't deserved, because he stuck to his game plan of moving so fair play.

I honestly don't think he can reign long. I seriously don't think he is good.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 29 Nov 2015, 1:02 pm

I don't know how anybody could have Wlad up last night, tbh. Well done Fury! The world is his oyster

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 29 Nov 2015, 1:08 pm

Klitschko threw and landed next to nothing. He was outboxed by Fury.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 1:25 pm

Fury did not run at all

It was a superb boxing display

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 29 Nov 2015, 1:37 pm

Maybe Fury isn't that good,but unless Joshua is the real deal, or Mr Haye can get him out of there, then I think he can do ok.

He has great belief in himself and as long as he improves and stays disciplined, I think he will be tough to beat.

Boxing is very much mental. Ali was great but he won fights in his later career, he really had no business winning. It was his belief and will to win that got him through his toughest fights in his second reign.

Now in no way am I comparing Fury to the great one, but it isn't like he has Frazier, Foreman and Norton knocking on his door. I think he can box Wilder. I see him mentally getting inside Wilders head. The big test for Fury is AJ. Nobody knows how good AJ will become, but at this stage he looks pretty special.

It is hard to imagine Aj not landing a bomb on Fury. However Fury has a great team and I have heard from people he is actually a nice guy away from camera. I am glad he won and I wish him well.

I doubt he is the guy to take the heavyweights back to it's full glory, but he will bring entertainment and take it in the right direction.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 29 Nov 2015, 4:25 pm

Haye can whistle for it. Why would fury waste his time on that clown? Fool me once - shame on you,
Fool me twice - shame on me,
Fool me thrice - ......... (So rare, there isn't a saying for it)
Fury should milk a rematch in another German stadium fight, take 3/4 of the purse as the champ, take wilder, then AJ. At least plan that trio of fights, fatten his bank balance. He could do worse than dropping that IBO trinket too.

I picked Wlad to win like the rest of the world (with the exception of Khan), but I always had an issue with putting Wlad in my top 10 p4p. I always felt his advantage was size related, rather than skill. Will people be putting fury in their top 10 p4p now?? Surely not.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Sun 29 Nov 2015, 4:47 pm

How anybody can say Murray put on a better show last week against Abraham is well beyond me.

Abraham was there for the taking last week but Murray only had one gear all night.

Mobilemaster you say he didn't do enoughbto take it from the champ at home but that's a silly comment. That's partly what's wrong with boxing. Over 12 rounds Tyson clearly won. There's more to boxing than flashy combinations and power shots. Tyson Fury fought a great defensive fight. He didn't throw a barrage of punches but he did try to throw more varied shots than Wlad all the way through the fight. Wlad just trying to hunt him down so he could land a jab right cross and Fury had that number from the get go.

Fury just compared his own tools to Wlads and worked out a solid game plan which he established from round 1.

He didn't let the CHAMP find his range or rhythm whilst landing enough shots to get Wlads respect early in the fight.

Its time to stop the Fury hate.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down