The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhys Webb going to the Premiership?

+15
BigTrevsbigmac
George Carlin
demosthenes
majesticimperialman
mikey_dragon
lostinwales
Shifty
LordDowlais
funnyExiledScot
LondonTiger
bedfordwelsh
ScarletSpiderman
BamBam
offload
Dontheman2
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rhys Webb  going to the Premiership?  - Page 2 Empty Rhys Webb going to the Premiership?

Post by Dontheman2 Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

How can this be?. Reported in TRP to be leaving after his DC with the Ospreys runs out. I'd have thought he be re-signed. Presumably opting for the DC in the first place was putting down a marker for a long term Wales career. I thought we'd turned the tide with JD2 coming back and reports of 1/2p wanting to come back. Isn't Charteris he's ding this way too. With Faletau seemingly on the move and Doc dropping anchor too in England aren't we going to have some problems with the elite player code? So much to hope for next year after an injury beset but decent RWC. .

Dontheman2

Back to top Go down

Rhys Webb  going to the Premiership?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Rhys Webb going to the Premiership?

Post by LordDowlais Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Also, I have found this:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-star-dan-biggar-wants-10512925

It is an interesting read, and if anything it looks as though the Welsh players want to stay in Wales, rather than the opposite.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Rhys Webb  going to the Premiership?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Rhys Webb going to the Premiership?

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Dowlais I hope you're right for once.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:28 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Dowlais I hope you're right for once.

I am right, Dan Biggar has just signed a new DC. This is the phone call I have just had, and they are reporting it on the Ospreys website as well. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:21 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

I am right, Dan Biggar has just signed a new DC. This is the phone call I have just had, and they are reporting it on the Ospreys website as well. Yahoo

"The provision of national dual contracts (NDC) has been adopted for the first time to try and keep key players in Wales. The cost for NDCs is via a 60/40% split between Union and Region and represents the actual time a senior international player spends on national squad duty and with their regional squad. The player is available to the Region for 16 games, including all Welsh derbies plus any league or European play-offs."

http://prorugbywales.com/rsa/

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:02 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

"The provision of national dual contracts (NDC) has been adopted for the first time to try and keep key players in Wales. The cost for NDCs is via a 60/40% split between Union and Region and represents the actual time a senior international player spends on national squad duty and with their regional squad. The player is available to the Region for 16 games, including all Welsh derbies plus any league or European play-offs."

Dave as I told you on the other topic, that is not set in stone, I bet you lot would like WRUburton to actually play 16 games for you.
Looking it up both AWJ and Biggar played over 16 games last season, Dan was close to or on 20.

Last edited by wayne on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add final paragraph)

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:53 pm

wayne wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Dave as I told you on the other topic, that is not set in stone, I bet you lot would like WRUburton to actually play 16 games for you.
Looking it up both AWJ and Biggar played over 16 games last season, Dan was close to or on 20.

How Dodger smirked.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2